Two injured in Hudson crash

Full story: Lowell Sun 9
Two people were hurt in a head-on collision at Webster Street by Scenic Drive on Wednesday afternoon, police said. Full Story
Floyd_Turbow

United States

#1 Apr 22, 2010
Cell phone ??
Steve B

Windham, NH

#2 Apr 22, 2010
"A 2007 VW Passat driven by Tara Colby, 29, from Manchester, N.H., glanced off the rear end of Knight's truck"
Yup, once AGAIN, a woman was following someone too closely, the person if front slows, and the woman runs right into them.
Im sure she has already insisted a hundred times that it wasnt her fault because the guy slowed down. lol
Why do they let women drive? Can anyone tell me?
NH Trucker

United States

#3 Apr 22, 2010
Steve, I have asked myself that question everyday for the last forty years.
I have seen hundreds of accidents in my time as a tow truck driver, and I can tell you with NO uncertainty and without hesitation that the vast majority of women drivers follow too closely like its some kind of
g-damned prerequisite. There isn't a woman alive who doesn't drive right up the rear end of the car in front of her. I have been too so many calls where a woman has plowed into the car in front of her that I couldn't possibly count them all. And their reaction is always the same... "It wasn't my fault, he slowed down!"
Steve B

Windham, NH

#4 Apr 22, 2010
NH Trucker wrote:
Steve, I have asked myself that question everyday for the last forty years.
I have seen hundreds of accidents in my time as a tow truck driver, and I can tell you with NO uncertainty and without hesitation that the vast majority of women drivers follow too closely like its some kind of
g-damned prerequisite. There isn't a woman alive who doesn't drive right up the rear end of the car in front of her. I have been too so many calls where a woman has plowed into the car in front of her that I couldn't possibly count them all. And their reaction is always the same... "It wasn't my fault, he slowed down!"
Thats the part that always gets me. The woman is asked "What happened?"
She says "Well, he slowed down and I ran into him, BUT, I wouldnt have hit him if he didnt slow down, so its his fault."
"But Maam, he was allowing other traffic to enter"
"Yes, but if he had not slowed down, I would not have hit him, so its not my fault. I couldnt stop in time, its not my fault."
"But Maam, that would be the definition of following too closely. You couldnt stop in time. You were tailgating"
" I WAS NOT TAILGATING !! He slowed down !!"
*sigh*
Doormat

Lowell, MA

#5 Apr 22, 2010
I wouldn't label all woman bad drivers. But your kind of right. My wife is a good driver but has to be up someone's arse while behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Steve B

Windham, NH

#6 Apr 22, 2010
Doormat wrote:
I wouldn't label all woman bad drivers. But your kind of right. My wife is a good driver but has to be up someone's arse while behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Lol, Then she's NOT a good driver.
Following too closely is the number one cause of traffic accidents. Good drivers DONT tailgate.
I Shitt You Not

United States

#7 Apr 23, 2010
I was rear ended at a stop sign once.
According to the woman who slammed into me it was MY fault. Her reasoning? Well, according to her she was familiar with the intersection, and since she had seen "millions" of people go through the sign without stopping, she had assumed that I would as well.
So when I stopped at the stop sign, I was the cause of the accident.
Believe it or not, that was her defense.
Mind boggling isn't it?
Steve B

Windham, NH

#8 Apr 23, 2010
I Shitt You Not wrote:
I was rear ended at a stop sign once.
According to the woman who slammed into me it was MY fault. Her reasoning? Well, according to her she was familiar with the intersection, and since she had seen "millions" of people go through the sign without stopping, she had assumed that I would as well.
So when I stopped at the stop sign, I was the cause of the accident.
Believe it or not, that was her defense.
Mind boggling isn't it?
Yes, it is. And so was this one...
I was parked in the parking lot at work, in a legal spot, way way way out in the far end of the lot, all by myself. An administrator that I work with pulled into the lot, went all the way down to the empty end of the lot where I was parked, and ran into my car.
And guess what? according to her, it was my fault. lol
Do you know why it was my fault?
It was my fault because I parked "differently" than every one else.
Yes, you read that right. It was my fault, because everyone else had parked in the near end of the parking lot, and I was the only one who parked so far away. And so, she wasnt expecting anyone to be parked over there, and thats why it was MY fault that she drove all the way over there and ran into my car.
Now get this. The cop told her her explanation was unsatisfactory, and made her appear in court. lol
She actually had a three page letter to the Judge explaining in great detail about how I was at fault. She was VERY upset and indignant when the Judge told her she was at fault and that she was liable.
The scary part of all this is that a small percentage of women where I work heard her explanation and AGREED with her !!
Lol
NH Trucker

United States

#9 Apr 23, 2010
I have heard all of these excuses before, my friends. I have been the tow at thousands of accidents, and there was a woman at more than two thirds of them. And the stories ! They are incredible. And it always revolves around what someone ELSE did. Somehow, another person is always responsible when a woman drives her car into something. "I know I hit a parked car, but this OTHER Guy blah blah" or "I know I'm the only one in the parking lot but if you would just listen...".
Me and the other drivers would go back to the shop at night and swap stories and laugh our asses off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Litchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 hr Up yours and chee... 119,690
Ex-court officer gets prison term for sex assault 18 hr rs5050rs 1
Milford woman charged with theft of boots, gift... Thu reality is a crutch 1
any guys Thu bi6nib 4
Gay teen BBM pins Dec 23 HornyTeen99 1
bi guy wanting to try Dec 23 Muscleman90 2
Former Litchfield parochial school principal to... Nov 26 scarlett515 1

Litchfield News Video

Litchfield Dating
Find my Match