Fire Station Prank Sparks Testy Exchange

Full story: WCSH-TV Portland
Firefighters walked out of a town meeting in Litchfield, New Hampshire after learning that 2 police officers won't be disciplined for deciding to play a prank at the local fire station. Full Story
Ron

Boston, MA

#1 Feb 27, 2007
I have one question,
If any two civilians happened to enter the fire house and do what these officers did, what would happen to them? Would the AG find no cause to charge them? Because the cops went in supposedly to investigate an unlocked door, there was no unlawful entry, and it was only a prank and OK to trash the place? These two nitwts should be suspended for a month without pay and see if they'd ever do it again.
It's amazing how gulible the powers to be think us normal people are, that they belive they are doing the right thing?
Like the firefighter asked, if it were the other way around, would he still be a firefighter? I think not!
Unbelievable
Carol

Woburn, MA

#2 Feb 27, 2007
Absoultely the majority of Litchfield residents feel the same way. What we cant believe is that our police cheif has said nothing to the residents/taxpayers of Litchfield. These "officers" need to know that what they did was wrong and an apology is definately needed. Some people are trying to say that because that it was a prank that it shouldn't be a big deal. Obviously these people have not heard the details of the officers gaining access and staying there for 30 minutes. What would have happened if an emergency was called in during this time?????
Jay

Laconia, NH

#3 Mar 5, 2007
just going to through this out there.... if an emergency call came in they would leave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Litchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
loan shark needed tonight 06.10.10 (Oct '10) 5 hr Joyce 36
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Sat cheer the f up 121,325
pakistani s Want to rule britain (Nov '13) Sat John eddington 3
Nashua's Spring Home Show Sat-Sun, March 21-22 Feb 27 Northern Shows 1
need for speed Feb 27 wickerman2 3
Girla s push for purple bill draws red faces (Jan '11) Feb 27 Anonymous - KD 26
Former Litchfield parochial school principal to... Nov '14 scarlett515 1

Litchfield News Video

Litchfield Dating
Find my Match