Nashua to Hudson bridge
David

Merrimack, NH

#1 Dec 23, 2007
Have you ever tried to go from hudson to nashua in the morning or vice versa in the afternoon? I think we need the new bridge that's being proposed. I read an editorial letter in the Telegraph today, written by a homeowner from the nashua neighborhood that's affected by the proposal. Basically, its only affecting a few people in nashua, and they will be compensated far more than the property value. Why all of the negative feelings? The anonymous developer for the project states that anyone in the way of the project will be given extra compensation for the inconvience. Its better than eminent domain, that would be only property value. Air quality and traffic at Greeley Park? What color is the sun in your world? The traffic count won't change by enough to be an issue and the air quality won't change. If anything it will improve the air quality in the area. Cars won't be idiling as long, waiting to enter or exit Nashua. How many people are going to the highway from that side of town? I bet most of the traffic is going to Merrimack being Fidelity, Budweiser or any number of other businesses on DW. Tolls? who cares, if you don't like tolls go thru town, don't pay to go over the new bridge. I would love to hear an opposing opinion on these issues.
commuter

Merrimack, NH

#2 Dec 25, 2007
The bridge is a great idea and the points make sense. Nashua needs to realize that this progress.
traffic jam hater

United States

#3 Dec 28, 2007
A bridge to Nashua is an absolute necessity. The traffic down rte 102 in Hudson is a nightmare and will only worsen unless something like this is done. Why should the thousands who are held up in traffic each day continue to suffer for the sake of the few homeowners in Nashua who will be affected. If it ever should apply, eminent domain certainly needs to apply here.
David

Merrimack, NH

#4 Dec 28, 2007
Did anyone see the latest? Clegg is re-thinking the whole eminent domain part of this bridge deal.(Not using em.dom.) I guess it might seem dangerous, espically if a private developer can use it. Think of the wrong doings that could occur if em. dom. is used too liberally. I still support the bridge, and I agree that a few people inconvienced is a small price to pay for the majority of people that will benefit.
Common Sense

United States

#5 Feb 25, 2008
If Clegg continues to obstruct this vital infrastructure addition, he can darn well forget about my vote come election day!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Litchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need an urgent loan asap (Sep '14) Tue Sarah carter 6
Loan needed urgently (May '14) Tue Sarah carter 83
loan required tonight 2015 topix.net (Jan '15) Tue Sarah carter 31
Which situation will create a longer lasting ma... Mon Cookie_Parker 1
Answer a question with a question Mon Cookie_Parker 1
Words association Mon Cookie_Parker 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Aug 18 Brian_G 121,874

Litchfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance