Girla s push for purple bill draws re...

Girla s push for purple bill draws red faces

There are 26 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 20, 2011, titled Girla s push for purple bill draws red faces. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

To promote purple, 10-year-old Kristyn Demers and her parents drove for more than an hour through a storm of white.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike J

Lakeland, FL

#22 Jan 21, 2011
angrysquirrel wrote:
I don't think the color purple bill is stupid at all. It totally makes sense to distinguish NH from say...Massachusetts.
When I was in grade school in NH we had the purple lilac as the state flower and the purple finch as our state bird. The state tree was a birch tree.
Now the reason this girl is getting opposition is b/c you get yahoos who are connected in NH that bizarre state crap passed, like the state lizard and the state drink. Now this kid pays the price for others stupidity.
As for other kids liking red as their favorite color, who cares? Boys like red and girls like pink. The color purple already goes with other state symbols. Plus it's not wacky like the state....drink.... Geeesh. Did that really pass?
BTW Jasper, if you don't know what a spotted newt is maybe you should read about them. Good god man, you're a state rep voting on state laws. Get those brain cells working and start learning about the great state of New Hampshire!
As a former resident of NH I think the above post says it all. I think this young lady should be proud as I'm sure her parents are as well. Don't take the off handed remarks seriously. Their just from those who live in the always in the red state. MA.
Lyss

Waltham, MA

#23 Jan 21, 2011
I agree with the State Reps. It seems like people have forgotten the whole reason behind declaring something as a state symbol -whether it color, bird, etc...
Purple has no meaning or relation to the State of New Hampshire, so how does it make sense to make it the state color?
I dont believe that the State Reps are trying to knock down or stop these kids from making their voices heard, but trying to show them that not everything is fun and games.

and id rather the state rep spend time on bills instead of memorizing what different lizards look like
You have my vote

Traverse City, MI

#24 Jan 21, 2011
The young lady was well reasoned in choosing the color and in her handling of the unwarranted "backlash" She appears to be smarter and have a much brighter future than those elected officials who spoke against the bill.
dr phil

Nashua, NH

#25 Jan 21, 2011
why purple?

ant good reasons??
dr phil

Nashua, NH

#26 Jan 21, 2011
**any good reasons??
Anonymous - KD

New Ipswich, NH

#27 Feb 27, 2015
dr phil wrote:
**any good reasons??
The reasons are for the state flower- the purple lilac- and the state bird- the purple finch. These two symbols are purple, so Kristyn believes that the state color should be purple too. It would help the students remember the flower and bird.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Litchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex women age 18 +44 7827 925226 (Feb '15) 14 hr Frank 10
Nick's Roast Beef on Rt 111 Mon I am Hungry 2
loan shark needed tonight 06.10.10 (Oct '10) Mon Betty Pridgen 120
Loan Apr 21 Kathy 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Apr 16 Ted K of ABC 121,927
loan required tonight 2015 topix.net (Jan '15) Apr 14 Deborah0720 35
News The Week In N.H. News: Bobcats, Bagels and Bono (Apr '16) Apr '16 Julie Jane 1

Litchfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Litchfield Mortgages