Teachers

Posted in the Litchfield Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vet

Nokomis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

With all of these wages and benefits these teachers are getting, no wonder the state wants us to pay for this thru property taxes.wake up, we are in a recession.
another hostess in the making
Ed McBain

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

All of this early retirement is BS. The average worker in private employment will be lucky to retire at 67. Police,firemen,teachers and state workers retire early and then seek other jobs.
Don't let them start drawing their pensions before they're at least 62.
Fedup

Carlinville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

They get 15 sick days and 2 personal days each year

And every year they work they get a pay rise of approx $1200 automatically and that's before any pay rise. And they don't even have to perform better just show up

They don't contribute anything to their health insurance

Don't believe me go read the last contract, page 21ish. It's posted on the school website.

The school report card also makes interesting reading. Graduation rate is actually going down

Don't know of a private sector worker(ie taxpayer) who gets anything like this. Time for change, maybe they should give some back
Fedup

Carlinville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Ed McBain wrote:
All of this early retirement is BS. The average worker in private employment will be lucky to retire at 67. Police,firemen,teachers and state workers retire early and then seek other jobs.
Don't let them start drawing their pensions before they're at least 62.
And they are giving the teachers who retire this year a 6% pay rise. Done to boost their pension. Wonder how much that will cost the taxpayer in the end
Taxpayer

Hillsboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Are these teachers, policeman, fireman, and state workers taxpayers also? So aren't these same people pretty much paying their own salaries? I guess I've never understood why people bash other people for the careers that they have taken in life. If you were in any of these occupations mentioned, would you still have the same feelings? Since no one on this website knows what occupations other ones have it's pretty easy to bash people. As a state worker myself I have never bashed anyone else's occupation before. That's what they chose to do and I had just as much chance to make that same choice. I know this post will probably russle a few feathers with the people that don't like having taxes raised to pay for public sector jobs, but answer this..........would you do any of these jobs if given the chance?
Vet

Nokomis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The answer is you damm right i would---The only job that tax increases means a jump in pay raises.working appx 8 months a year(part time) and getting these kind of benefits,who wouldn,t.
Fedup

Carlinville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Taxpayer wrote:
Are these teachers, policeman, fireman, and state workers taxpayers also? So aren't these same people pretty much paying their own salaries? I guess I've never understood why people bash other people for the careers that they have taken in life. If you were in any of these occupations mentioned, would you still have the same feelings? Since no one on this website knows what occupations other ones have it's pretty easy to bash people. As a state worker myself I have never bashed anyone else's occupation before. That's what they chose to do and I had just as much chance to make that same choice. I know this post will probably russle a few feathers with the people that don't like having taxes raised to pay for public sector jobs, but answer this..........would you do any of these jobs if given the chance?
Yes they are taxpayers also, but it takes 8~10 of us private sector workers to keep you in a job at thats not counting the pensions. We have to work until we are 65 or more. We can't retire with full benefits at 55 or less. We cant accumulate sick pay and get a lump sum.

Our world is so different from yours it's unbelievable.
Taxpayer

Hillsboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 26, 2012
 
To Vet.........teachers don't get paid during the summer when they are not working unless they choose to spread their pay throughout the entire year.

To Fedup.......you didn't answer my question. If given the chance, would you take one of these jobs that you seem to despise so much? And if you did would you just give up those benefits because you don't think they're fair? You had just as much an opportunity to place yourself in a teaching or state worker position as anyone else did!
Fedup

Carlinville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't despise those jobs at all. I just despise paying ever increasing taxes just so that a group of people get ever increasing pay and benefits including pensions for life. That are in no wat comparable to those of the average taxpayer.

Did you know the average pay of of a a teacher in Litchfield is 59,000 for 177 days work, 15 sick days , 2 personal days, free health insurance, 25,000 in free life insurance, pension for life with no contribution.

Did you also know that the average pay in Montgomery county is 34,000 with way less benefits.

The average person is providing the gravy train, is that fair.

No I wouldn't do those jobs I prefer to create wealth by working for it
Taxpayer

Hillsboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

"No I wouldn't do those jobs I prefer to create wealth by working for it"

Then don't bitch and moan about those teachers that have student loans that they have to pay off for years! And a teacher or state worker doesn't "work for their pay"? Have you ever worked any of their jobs?
Vet

Nokomis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 27, 2012
 
Taxpayer wrote:
To Vet.........teachers don't get paid during the summer when they are not working unless they choose to spread their pay throughout the entire year.
To Fedup.......you didn't answer my question. If given the chance, would you take one of these jobs that you seem to despise so much? And if you did would you just give up those benefits because you don't think they're fair? You had just as much an opportunity to place yourself in a teaching or state worker position as anyone else did!
Read what i wrote----I said they only WORK appx 8 months a year-and thats pushing it
Vet

Nokomis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 27, 2012
 
Taxpayer wrote:
"No I wouldn't do those jobs I prefer to create wealth by working for it"
Then don't bitch and moan about those teachers that have student loans that they have to pay off for years! And a teacher or state worker doesn't "work for their pay"? Have you ever worked any of their jobs?
They reported(cbs) the other day that 1/2 of the student loans have not been paid back----isn't that great

Since: Nov 08

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Taxpayer wrote:
"No I wouldn't do those jobs I prefer to create wealth by working for it"
Then don't bitch and moan about those teachers that have student loans that they have to pay off for years! And a teacher or state worker doesn't "work for their pay"? Have you ever worked any of their jobs?
as for the student loans, how many of them even bother to pay them back? With the money they are making they should be able to pay them back in pretty short order! as for spreading their pay over the whole year, what the hell does that have to do with anything? Th average teacher make a third again as much as most blue or white collar workers based on the number of days they work, then again most of them go out and work during the summer scabbing at jobs and taking work away from people that work in that trade.
Taxpayer

Hillsboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 28, 2012
 
Garmin, if a teacher is "scabbing" during the summer on a job, how is it taking work away from people that work in that trade? Wouldn't the people working in that trade ALREADY be doing that job? What do the 3 summer months have to do with anything? Give me an example of what kind of job you're talking about?

As far as the student loans go, I don't really know how many of them don't pay them back. I for one know 2 that have and will pay theirs back. If you are that curious about the others, you know where the school is and who the teachers are in this town..........I elect you to go and retrieve us all this information. You are on here all the time bitching and moaning about the city, step up for once and do something. I'll await your findings!
Ed McBain

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 28, 2012
 
You haven't heard any bitching until the teacher pensions get shifted to local school districts to find the money to fund them. Our property taxes will have to go up again and again and again......ZZZZZZZZ

Since: Nov 08

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 28, 2012
 
Taxpayer wrote:
Garmin, if a teacher is "scabbing" during the summer on a job, how is it taking work away from people that work in that trade? Wouldn't the people working in that trade ALREADY be doing that job? What do the 3 summer months have to do with anything? Give me an example of what kind of job you're talking about?
As far as the student loans go, I don't really know how many of them don't pay them back. I for one know 2 that have and will pay theirs back. If you are that curious about the others, you know where the school is and who the teachers are in this town..........I elect you to go and retrieve us all this information. You are on here all the time bitching and moaning about the city, step up for once and do something. I'll await your findings!
Try painting, construction, yard mowing, and the beat goes on.
as for retrieving information on what you mentioned, that would be a private matter protected by law, just like medical information! Hell yes I complain about the city, state, and federal gov. and I did what I could I voted! If you don't like what I post or the way I post it, DON'T READ IT!!!!
Taxpayer

Hillsboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 30, 2012
 
You're a joke Garmin! Tell me what teacher in this town goes out during the summer and steals any of those jobs you mentioned away from someone else? Last time I checked yard mowing wasn't a job that could only be held by people of that "trade". And for the construction workers and painters out there, if you are losing work to summertime teachers then you may want to work a little harder to make sure people set up summertime work with you before summer. And if the information is a private matter, then why are you bringing it up here?

Since: Nov 08

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 30, 2012
 
Taxpayer wrote:
You're a joke Garmin! Tell me what teacher in this town goes out during the summer and steals any of those jobs you mentioned away from someone else? Last time I checked yard mowing wasn't a job that could only be held by people of that "trade". And for the construction workers and painters out there, if you are losing work to summertime teachers then you may want to work a little harder to make sure people set up summertime work with you before summer. And if the information is a private matter, then why are you bringing it up here?
TP and that is just your opinion!!!!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 30, 2012
 
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what our teachers of the '50's and early '60's made in their day. Most of mine in Gillespie were not married so they had to make their own way.(Oh hell, then I had a queer for a Spanish Professor at Blackburn!)
fatboizs

Pana, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

you were with the same teacher all day,the 4 R's
readin riten rithmatic ,and resess were hers to deal with us all day.brown baging it with us was part of the deal too. guess thats why their union,
its just too much work to teach the same kids all day every day ,probably to much stress, you know ,like raisin your OWN kids like we DO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Litchfield Discussions

Search the Litchfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr IL has a Spending Problem 3,786
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 47,083
Potville 4 hr Mississippi Man 6
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 12 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sat Be kuel 505
Does Litchfield City hall close Thursday at 4 O... Apr 17 x ace 2
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
•••
•••
•••
•••

Litchfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Litchfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••