Long live the fish taco!

Long live the fish taco!

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 1, 2007, titled Long live the fish taco!. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

On Sept. 20, At Play launched a campaign to bring fish tacos to Chicago. Thousands spoke, pumping fists into air and demanding these battered Manna from heaven be commonplace in our city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Jen

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 1, 2007
For those of us who don't live near Glen Ellyn, can you provide us with a list of the other places you've tried recently? It would be great to have a comprehensive list.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#2 Nov 1, 2007
After reading the previous article, I sent in my name and address for a fish taco bracelet, and made my own variation of a fish taco that night:

Corn Tortilla
Grilled Salmon
Hellemans mayo
Tabasco, paprika and chili powder
1/2 white onion
1/2 ripe tomato
salt and pepper
1 lime

In a small dish mix the mayo, paprika, Tobasco and chili powder together to make "chipotle mayonnaise".

Grill the salmon and salt/pepper to taste, finish it with the juice of a quarter slice of lime.

Slice up the tomato and onion and mix together into a dish, spray with 1/2 lime and salt/pepper to taste, making a salsa.

Heat up the tortilla, spread on the mayo, add the salsa, and top it off with the salmon. Delish.

I got my "fish taco" bracelet in the mail last week - thanks much!
Anonymous

Urbana, IL

#3 Nov 1, 2007
Does this mean the Tribune will finally stop going on and on and on about the freaking fish taco? I try not to complain about free content, but for heaven's sake, this fish taco thing is getting preachier than Kass!
Best

Bloomington, IL

#4 Nov 1, 2007
Best Fish Tacos that I have ever had are at Bar Louie in Oak Park. ( I know its a chain restaurant...but seriously delicious).
Billy Bob

San Jose, CA

#5 Nov 1, 2007
I am proud to say I have never eaten nor will ever eat a fish taco
Tommy boy

Long Beach, CA

#6 Nov 1, 2007
The best in the world are at Wahoos in SoCal!

vit

Since: Oct 07

West Town, Chicago

#7 Nov 1, 2007
I've only had fish tacos at El Barco on Augusta and Ashland down the street from my house. I'd recommend their fish tacos to anyone.
Spyder_Web

Naperville, IL

#8 Nov 1, 2007
do i really want 2 kno?

Location hidden

#9 Nov 1, 2007
This is retarded....
Joe

Willowbrook, IL

#10 Nov 2, 2007
People in the midwest, even the "big city" are such hicks.
RmJ

Mount Laurel, NJ

#11 Nov 2, 2007
I too would like to see a complete list of fish-taco-having restaurants. I had them at On The Border and they're pretty good there as well.

Also, Eric, I just saved your recipe and passed it on to my mom and a couple friends. Sounds fantastic!
RWS

Roselle, IL

#12 Nov 2, 2007
Chicks-n-Salsa's fish tacos are awesome! I also tried the fish tacos at Adobo Grill (just opened in Lombard)and they were fabulous! I guess the western 'burbs are the fish taco capitol of Chicagoland...
jumpmonger23

Woodridge, IL

#13 Nov 2, 2007
Tommy boy @ Lakewood: 100% agree.

vit

West Town, Chicago

#14 Nov 2, 2007
Joe -- What exactly are you on about?

Fish tacos are nothing new, I've seen them in restaurants for years and I'm just as confused by the Tribune's recent discovery of them as you might be, but hicks? Spare me your pseudo elitism over a taco, it just reeks of desperation.

... and if you think there are not hicks outside of the Midwest, come to New England with me for Thanksgiving, I'll show you otherwise, I have some people in Maine I'd like you to meet ;)
Sue Ellen Phillips

Bay City, MI

#15 Mar 3, 2009
Best wrote:
Best Fish Tacos that I have ever had are at Bar Louie in Oak Park.( I know its a chain restaurant...but seriously delicious).
I AGREE...we go to the Bar Louie in Flint MI...they're amazing!
ShrimpBarn

Channahon, IL

#16 Feb 9, 2012
I crave Fish taco's at Chicks and salsa in Glen Ellyn, IL. That place is amazing and sooo fresh! Wish I lived closer. Clean place. Friendly people!
not a beener

Southport, NC

#17 Feb 10, 2012
op is now banned form the internet
Ted

Wheaton, IL

#18 Feb 11, 2012
Fish Taco, eeeeeeewwwww!
distsub

Romeoville, IL

#19 Feb 11, 2012
Fish taco? Had one once. Gag.
Wowsy

Naperville, IL

#20 Feb 12, 2012
Fish Taco is the evil food of the devil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc (May '16) Fri Noah Gevik 374
Naperville the Capitol of Liquor Fri Go Cubs 12
Rt. 53 restaurant (Dec '15) Thu someone smarter t... 5
Puppy mill dogs being sold on the side of the r... (Mar '10) Apr 27 Skybunny 112
Poll How Crooked Is Bolingbrook Mayor Roger Claar? (May '08) Apr 26 Aunt Mary 185
News Headscarf issue in mug shot illuminates conflic... Apr 2 Eat more pork 5
News Naperville council candidates' views vary on co... Feb '17 D Johnson 1

Lisle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lisle Mortgages