United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Help

United States

#5679 Jul 20, 2013
@BIG TINY Dont apologize my sister. Girlllll you Betta tell it everywhere you go. God is just like that. Once we get to speaking of his goodness and where he brought is from we just can't stop until the years start flowing. Go on YouTube and listen to Smokie Norful's song called Dear God. That song makes me look back an just want to praise him even more. Enjoyed your mini testimony as I know that's not all. I'm still a member BTW BUT not one of the "bad " ones lol.
I'm slowly getting more and more into the word for myself now and I'm actually learning. I recorded my pastor last week shoving db down our throats again might I add. I listened to it today and I read all through that crap. Some of them are so good at manipulating and the art of pursues ion that they can sell hot chocolate in Hell for 2k a cup. It may be humorous but They're just that good.

I still can't get over the hatred at the top<(whilemena and see) but they want the kingdom to appear that it's so full of love. I'm no psychologist but I was told that "hurting people hurt people" I fun this to be true. DB hurts poor defenseless maids that are there to serve him and nothing that goes on up on the mountain is that serious unless one of them got caught dipping her hand in the moneybag. A leader is suppose to be a servant to the people he leads. Hello!! N
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5680 Jul 20, 2013
Evidently I'm slow to the news (haven't been out). What is the deal on Belton with the defamation of character suit? I was told some time ago that he was busted down to a brother for performing a wedding out side of the HOP, between members mind you, but because it was performed outside of the HOP. I'm not sure how true that story is though. Please enlighten me on the whole thing.
Help

United States

#5683 Jul 21, 2013
WHAT?! WRONG BLOG!!!
Big Tiny

New York, NY

#5684 Jul 21, 2013
Try Jesus wrote:
<quoted text> very uplifting! Yes there is no power like God's power. Only God can save, change, renew and put anyone on the right track of life. Jesus is the only name that can save and I pray that God will open the eyes of every member of the UHOP. I still have familyembers and friends that I want to see them calling on the name of JESUS!!!!!!!!
thank u kindly!!
Big Tiny

New York, NY

#5685 Jul 21, 2013
Help wrote:
@BIG TINY Dont apologize my sister. Girlllll you Betta tell it everywhere you go. God is just like that. Once we get to speaking of his goodness and where he brought is from we just can't stop until the years start flowing. Go on YouTube and listen to Smokie Norful's song called Dear God. That song makes me look back an just want to praise him even more. Enjoyed your mini testimony as I know that's not all. I'm still a member BTW BUT not one of the "bad " ones lol.
I'm slowly getting more and more into the word for myself now and I'm actually learning. I recorded my pastor last week shoving db down our throats again might I add. I listened to it today and I read all through that crap. Some of them are so good at manipulating and the art of pursues ion that they can sell hot chocolate in Hell for 2k a cup. It may be humorous but They're just that good.
I still can't get over the hatred at the top<(whilemena and see) but they want the kingdom to appear that it's so full of love. I'm no psychologist but I was told that "hurting people hurt people" I fun this to be true. DB hurts poor defenseless maids that are there to serve him and nothing that goes on up on the mountain is that serious unless one of them got caught dipping her hand in the moneybag. A leader is suppose to be a servant to the people he leads. Hello!! N
sell hot chocolate in hell for 2k?? Now thats funny! I will not encourage u to leave for as I said i still love the HOP! There is definitely some good folk in there. Many of my family members are there. I dont give them problems about where they choose to worship bc they could NOT worship at all! Im sorry your pastor screwed u out of a good sermon! God' s word is like food to a starving body! WE NEED IT! I will ask God in my prayers to help me and you! Nothing is better than coming to know who God is! Im still a fool! Will cut up in a minute! But I can say that my heart is good! And i have no one to thank but Him! Be encouraged! Our God is provider! A teacher! He teaches us things in our thoughts daily! He leads us past danger ! He brings his children of like minds together! Our God is in control like never before! Im just sitting back watching Him work! Be blessed!
Big Tiny

New York, NY

#5686 Jul 21, 2013
Help wrote:
@ABC I didn't want to say so but what the heck. YES
@Help! Dont be shame! I have some friends with the same concerns down there! U just say the word! WE GOT YA BACK!
Big Tiny

New York, NY

#5687 Jul 21, 2013
Help wrote:
Additionally, DB was my pastor for many years! I thought then he was one of the most loving men of the cloth! Now when i started running a muck around the HOP of course he would put me in check! When he was first elected i went to see him in south philly. At the time i thought he was THE ONE. This was before he started talking to people sideways, draining bank accounts, and hitting grown men. Its such a shame! I mean it really hurts me. The HOP is all I know...... I dont want ANYTHING bad to happen to the HOP. It is a place of worship REGARDLESS of the idiots that run it....i will be in philadelphia for convocation.. Only to spectate, see what band is rolling and get a chicken dinner!!! Ahhhhhh! Those chicken dinners!
SMH

Hampton, VA

#5688 Jul 22, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to pardon my creative sense of humor. Sometimes I'm a comedian in my mind LOL. In all honesty he should be ashamed at the religious crimes he's committing against his own people. I understand it though. It's so many people involved it's better to continue the lie than to tell the truth. Unfortunately, more of our bright black minds are being raised in this foolishness.
It gives me great joy when a young person can laugh at a Daddy joke and not tremble with fear that their head is going to pop off. Growing up I was terrified to laugh at anything about McCollough and Grace. We were afraid to throw away any UHOP literature. My dad had Sunday school books from decades when he left. The mental freedom of tossing those useless books in the trash with no guilt is amazing.
If you think that's harsh ask the leadership what they do with all the books they print that no one purchases LOL. Here's a better question, after McCollough passed away and Madison took over and upgraded all of those buildings what did they do with McCollough's blessed mercy seats?
^^^ THINK.....
They literally throw them away. I personally have one in my storage that was set out by the dumpster.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#5689 Jul 22, 2013
check this statement out, this is truly mind control, " if i put a dog up here you better listen" anybody else hear that statement a long time ago
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5690 Jul 22, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
check this statement out, this is truly mind control, " if i put a dog up here you better listen" anybody else hear that statement a long time ago
Yeah I heard that regurgitated...LOL!
Egyptology

Jersey City, NJ

#5691 Jul 22, 2013
when you think about it how in the hell can somebody understand woof woof. smh wow lol
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5692 Jul 22, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
when you think about it how in the hell can somebody understand woof woof. smh wow lol
LOL!!!!! Well they believed all of that hog-wash that was and still being preached I wouldn't be surprised.
TRUTH AND DARE

Brooklyn, NY

#5693 Jul 22, 2013
I will be there at the Mother House in harlem for one of those nights for convocation,i have not been there since 1989!
Married in 2

Charlotte, NC

#5695 Jul 22, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
Evidently I'm slow to the news (haven't been out). What is the deal on Belton with the defamation of character suit? I was told some time ago that he was busted down to a brother for performing a wedding out side of the HOP, between members mind you, but because it was performed outside of the HOP. I'm not sure how true that story is though. Please enlighten me on the whole thing.
Belton seems like a likeable guy. I really would like to know if this law suit thing is true, and did he really get busted just for perfoming a marriage between 2 members outside of the church? WOW!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5696 Jul 23, 2013
TRUTH AND DARE wrote:
I will be there at the Mother House in harlem for one of those nights for convocation,i have not been there since 1989!
Good morning T.A.D. question why would you want to go back after all that time of being gone. What in the world would spark your interest??? Different man same plan, that says enough right there. Nothing has changed, false doctrine is still being preached, the programs are shorter, and he's still getting the members money just at a higher cost. Oh yeah he preaches for only 5 min if you are lucky. Well that sums up the service for ya!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5697 Jul 23, 2013
Married in 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Belton seems like a likeable guy. I really would like to know if this law suit thing is true, and did he really get busted just for perfoming a marriage between 2 members outside of the church? WOW!
This is true about him officiating the wedding. It's a whole bunch of nonsense that's what it was.
Help

United States

#5698 Jul 23, 2013
You want the truth? Here goes. Belton didn't anything that bad to be crucified. It was stated he allowed a woman(nonmember) to come up on the mountain at first ward but got demoted shortly after performing the wedding of two members that was held at an event hall in Charlotte. Why was it not held at the HOP? Simply because the brides father is a Harrison who played on the Old Tigers shout band. Although he wasn't one of the out front individuals during the famous 1991 "McCullough then McCullough now" saga he was targeted because of his last name. Soooo once Clarence got word that a HARRISON(the enemy I suppose) will give his youngest daughter away they were advised the wedding CANNOT be held at the HOP. So they kicked out of pocket to pay for an event hall. Did I mention that Apostke Commodore is the brides cousin and was to perform the ceremony but punked out.(That's family for u) he did attend however. Sooooo long story short Belton got the shaft right after that
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5699 Jul 23, 2013
Help wrote:
You want the truth? Here goes. Belton didn't anything that bad to be crucified. It was stated he allowed a woman(nonmember) to come up on the mountain at first ward but got demoted shortly after performing the wedding of two members that was held at an event hall in Charlotte. Why was it not held at the HOP? Simply because the brides father is a Harrison who played on the Old Tigers shout band. Although he wasn't one of the out front individuals during the famous 1991 "McCullough then McCullough now" saga he was targeted because of his last name. Soooo once Clarence got word that a HARRISON(the enemy I suppose) will give his youngest daughter away they were advised the wedding CANNOT be held at the HOP. So they kicked out of pocket to pay for an event hall. Did I mention that Apostke Commodore is the brides cousin and was to perform the ceremony but punked out.(That's family for u) he did attend however. Sooooo long story short Belton got the shaft right after that
I second that! I witness the whole thing but after it was all said and done the wedding was beautiful!
Try Jesus

Pacoima, CA

#5700 Jul 23, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that! I witness the whole thing but after it was all said and done the wedding was beautiful!
it's shameful that the leader of the UHOP have nothing better to do then bother in every ones affairs. His job is to lead people to God and not drive them out of the church. This is a prime example of the leader feeling he is above God and he thinks he can treat people anyway and his very large behind thinks he's going to get away with it. God is in control and not Daddy Bailey or Daddy Dee. What's so funny is if the bishop is in town and a minister is visiting the service, they take him right to the front and sit him
On the mountain. But elders that serve in the UHOP they push out. Now really is this of god? Are all the members of the hop this blind? Why are the members not praying and asking God to move all the mess from the head?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5701 Jul 23, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
It certain was @MSD LOL..... I mean so I heard anyway (inside joke)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
men who cheat and liars (Jun '13) Dec 13 I know 11
KHSAA Suspends football officials from Lexington Dec 8 Pauls G friend 1
From Sparkling Celebrations to Canadian Tragedy... Dec 6 hot sauce 1
Police: Couple faked 911 call about woman shot ... Dec 3 Wholly Silicon Wafer 3
Select Homes Property Management Company Dec 1 Ted Smith 3
Women to trade pix (Jun '13) Nov 30 Concerned 8
Has anyone visited Landmark United Pentecostal ... (Aug '08) Nov 22 Ashley 38
Linwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Linwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Linwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Linwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:31PM
Highlights, Recap for Browns vs. Panthers
ESPN 3:52 PM
Newton: 'Classless' to cheer Manziel injury
Bleacher Report 3:56 PM
Cam Returns to Superman Status When It Matters Most
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Yahoo! Sports 4:08 PM
Browns lose Manziel in 17-13 loss to Panthers