Mother Indicted for Killing Infant Son

Apr 5, 2008 Full story: WTWO-TV Terre Haute 58

A Sullivan County grand jury indicted a Dugger woman for falling asleep on her infant son and suffocating him. via WTWO-TV Terre Haute

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Britney

Punxsutawney, PA

#43 Jul 19, 2009
"Vigilante justice?" Sounds like that attitude is what got you in this mess and your kids will continue to pay for it because you cannot set a better example for them.
curious wrote:
It's horrible what she did and got away with! Only in Sullivan County!!! Read on to my experience that is ongoing....
Don't even get me started on the corruption in the judicial system in Sullivan County. It's atrocious, and I think it's about time we all implement vigilante justice and take matters into our own hands. This is the middle of 2009 and they aren't changing, they're only getting worse. My son was assaulted twice here in Shelburn and now he has a blockage in his brain from this kid, and all that little bastard got was 2 days of Boys School. WTF??? And out of 6 violations of the restraining order that this kid and his family have done, only 1 has made it to the prosecutors desk. When we went to court, we were told we could testify. NOT!!! They had it in the judges chambers and totally exluded us from being involved or being heard. And now they're trying to press charges on my son for an alleged message sent on myspace. The day they claim he sent it, he was with his dad at the parade here in Shelburn, then they went fishing in the boat. I was online all day. I even got 15 prank phone calls in 7 minutes, and the boy made the mistake of speaking. He has a lisp. He told me "B****, I'm the n***** who f***** your daughter and I'll do it again!". I called the police and reported it, but again, nothing was done. During the second attack on my son, a girl got out of the vehicle with the boy who assaulted him, grabbed my oldest daughter by the throat and held her against the garage and said "If you tell the cops, you're a dead b****!" She even sent her messages on myspace threatening her and all that good jazz. When I took them to the court, they said they couldn't do shit about it, but they're trying to press charges on my son when someone alleges he done the same thing!!! Talk about double standards. It just goes to show that your name means everything in this county and who you know and blow is what makes or breaks whatever might be coming to you when you break the law. Anyone agree???
Rehmel

Springville, IN

#44 Jul 19, 2009
Sullyboy wrote:
Just curious.....were the fathers current on their child support payments through all these years......just wondering if these dads are all that much better than the mother.....Maybe these kids should be with other family members...


Yea one of the fathers was current on his child support even when April and him were living together and she took him to court for child support!!!! He came home from work and April told him she had custody and he now had to pay her child support when he was already supporting her and her other child while she sat at home!!!! The only way that child even wears clothes that are her size are when the father buys them and sends them home with her in addition to paying her mother child support
Rehmel

Springville, IN

#45 Jul 19, 2009
curious wrote:
It's horrible what she did and got away with! Only in Sullivan County!!! Read on to my experience that is ongoing....
Don't even get me started on the corruption in the judicial system in Sullivan County. It's atrocious, and I think it's about time we all implement vigilante justice and take matters into our own hands. This is the middle of 2009 and they aren't changing, they're only getting worse. My son was assaulted twice here in Shelburn and now he has a blockage in his brain from this kid, and all that little bastard got was 2 days of Boys School. WTF??? And out of 6 violations of the restraining order that this kid and his family have done, only 1 has made it to the prosecutors desk. When we went to court, we were told we could testify. NOT!!! They had it in the judges chambers and totally exluded us from being involved or being heard. And now they're trying to press charges on my son for an alleged message sent on myspace. The day they claim he sent it, he was with his dad at the parade here in Shelburn, then they went fishing in the boat. I was online all day. I even got 15 prank phone calls in 7 minutes, and the boy made the mistake of speaking. He has a lisp. He told me "B****, I'm the n***** who f***** your daughter and I'll do it again!". I called the police and reported it, but again, nothing was done. During the second attack on my son, a girl got out of the vehicle with the boy who assaulted him, grabbed my oldest daughter by the throat and held her against the garage and said "If you tell the cops, you're a dead b****!" She even sent her messages on myspace threatening her and all that good jazz. When I took them to the court, they said they couldn't do shit about it, but they're trying to press charges on my son when someone alleges he done the same thing!!! Talk about double standards. It just goes to show that your name means everything in this county and who you know and blow is what makes or breaks whatever might be coming to you when you break the law. Anyone agree???
You are right, it is who you know and blow in Sullivan county!!! Thank god magistrate ann smith saw right through this woman and awarded custody of the oldest child to the father!
worried

Vincennes, IN

#46 Jan 27, 2010
April is finally getting what she deserves! She has lost her oldest daughter and now the second father is stepping up, he is fighting for full custody! Although, she does stay at home and most of the drama has stopped, she continues to try to work the children against their fathers. I know first hand, it sad that she still will not admit that she has done anything wrong! Maybe if she would grow up and admit that she has a problem then her and her kids would heal, and move on, but no one will forget Bradley!
the step-mom1

Vincennes, IN

#47 Jan 27, 2010
Sullyboy wrote:
Just curious.....were the fathers current on their child support payments through all these years......just wondering if these dads are all that much better than the mother.....Maybe these kids should be with other family members...
What does child support have to do with ANYTHING???? Just because someone falls behind with money does NOT mean that they love their child any less!!!! Besides, why would someone want to hand that drug addict and alcoholic any money for drugs and alcohol? Those children have never seen ONE PENNY of the money that had been paid because of mommy's habits! Money is NOT the issue here, the REAL issue is if the children remain with her, ARE THEY GOING TO LIVE???? If they live, what kind of life can she offer them, she has a criminal record and everyone in that town knows what she has done!!! Almost EVERY person in her family at one point or another has told the two older girl's fathers that they need to take custody and now that they are doing it, everyone is upset!!!!! Even her own mother stated that the children are better off with the father's!
verizon googler

Vincennes, IN

#48 Jan 27, 2010
It is sad that her daughter googled her mom's name and learned who her mother really was by doing it. How can anyone defend this woman? She has not just broken the law, she killed a child! Unfortunatley her children are the one's that pay the price for it! I do not expect her to take it back, that is not possible, however, an apoligy to her own kids that loved that little boy would be nice, instead, she fills their heads with lies and tries to teach them that the entire world is out to get her!!! Poor April, that ALWAYS the case. The onyl time that she has EVER admitted that she had done wrong was on the stand to get the judge to agree to her plea agreement and since then, she PURGERED herself in the oldest daughter's custody case and took back her admittance to guilt!!!! Yet she still walks free!!!!!!!!!!
mom03

Vincennes, IN

#49 Jan 27, 2010
Please wrote:
Gives them faith? That it takes the death of a child for a man to step up and take care of his children whether they are in his custody or not? Give me a break. That is pathetic.
<quoted text>
Yeah, it takes faith.... it takes guts to stand up to someone who has emotionally abused you for years, using your child as a pawn.... The men in these childrens lives were there the whole time, when they were allowed to be!!!!!!! It is kind of hard when she would take them and live in a CAR and NEVER allow you to see or talk to your own CHILD!!!!!!!! Child Protective services did not care, no one did!! So maybe instead of twisting words to say something that it was not meant to say, you should know the situation..... It takes a LOT of faith in God and in themselves to do what those father's are doing!!!
notice

Jasonville, IN

#50 Feb 9, 2010
how all the different name users come from the same IP address.
Too funny
realitycheck101

Jasonville, IN

#51 May 4, 2010
Jane (April's mother)- I just want you to know that I was friends with April when she was a child and I remember the things you and Charity put on her. Seriously, what kind of mother were you when you sit on your a** all day while she did it all and took care of your son, Charity! Maybe if you had been a decent mother or sister, she would not be trying to kill all the pain of having to deal with two b*****s for the only family she had. Two wrongs do not make any situation right, I know. I just cannot belive the mother and sister are going to post comments like they do and like they have done nothing but try and help April and be there for her. I call it like I see it: COMPLETE BS!
For the record, I do not agree with these children being put at any furthur risk and want, of course, what is best for all of them. I just cannot stand it when the whole truth is not out there. I wouldn't believe a word Jane or Charity says, they are and have always been lazy b*****s and drama queens!!!
battling

Shelburn, IN

#52 May 17, 2010
again the fathers are stepping up and going to battle this woman in court...it has been a LONG time since the first father won his daughter in court. Here we find ourselves fighting for the next child. Our prays are for Tim and his wife to gain custody. The woman who birthed the children is putting on a good front, and you can take the alcoholic out of the bar, but no one changes everything that fast!!!!!! Good luck TIM!!!!!
shout it outloud

Shelburn, IN

#53 May 17, 2010
realitycheck101 wrote:
Jane (April's mother)- I just want you to know that I was friends with April when she was a child and I remember the things you and Charity put on her. Seriously, what kind of mother were you when you sit on your a** all day while she did it all and took care of your son, Charity! Maybe if you had been a decent mother or sister, she would not be trying to kill all the pain of having to deal with two b*****s for the only family she had. Two wrongs do not make any situation right, I know. I just cannot belive the mother and sister are going to post comments like they do and like they have done nothing but try and help April and be there for her. I call it like I see it: COMPLETE BS!
For the record, I do not agree with these children being put at any furthur risk and want, of course, what is best for all of them. I just cannot stand it when the whole truth is not out there. I wouldn't believe a word Jane or Charity says, they are and have always been lazy b*****s and drama queens!!!
Yup everything you said is true.....Jane and Charity both have NO room to talk however, April made her own decisions....they are NOT at fault with Bradley's death, however it could have been prevented had they not hid the truth from the fathers!
shout it outloud

Shelburn, IN

#54 May 18, 2010
notice wrote:
how all the different name users come from the same IP address.
Too funny
thats funny seeing as how you cannot see that! so you are assuming and you know what they say about assuming........lol
concerned citizen

Nashville, IN

#55 Jun 1, 2010
i have been reading several stories in several papers and i have noticed how people are allowed to lie about who they are and what is said. the last i knew that was called identity theft and is able to be punished by the law. i think these sites should be taken away because there are too many people pretending to be other people and lying about so many things
the aunt

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Aug 26, 2011
just so its told april is a wonderful mother ,freind just a great girl . she has now been off house arrest for 8 months n doing wonderful yes wat happen was terriable but she learnt.
jane

Nashville, IN

#57 Sep 2, 2011
Jane wrote:
April is my daughter and I truly believe she should've been punished a little more!!! What happen to Bradley is very sad-and should never have happened!!! For this I blame April!!!! I really hope that the fathers gain custody of the children-they are much better taken care of there!! At least they have a chance-and their fathers haven't taken a life of an innocent baby!!!
IT HAS BEEN YEARS ,THAT THIS WAS POSTED AND I HEARD ABOUT IT BUT NEVER SEEN IT UNTIL NOW.I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THIS TOPIX THING ON THE COMPUTER.BUT GUESS WHAT????????I NEVER POSTED THIS STUFF ABOUT MY DAUGHTER AND NEITHER DID HER SISTER.WE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHO DID DO IT AND IM SURE THEY ARE SORRY NOW THAT TIME HAS PASSED AND THINGS HAVE CHANGED ,BUT IT DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT PEOPLE THINK WE WROTE THIS STUFF ABOUT HER THAT WE HONESTLY NEVER DID.SO THIS TOPIX PAGE ....EVERY ONE NEEDS TO REALIZE ANY ONE CAN WRITE ANY THING AND PUT YOUR NAME TO IT AND I SUPPOSE THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT..MAYBE I COULD HAVE IF I KNEW IT WAS HERE.ITS A LITTLE LATE NOW.WE ALL LOVE AND MISS OUR BABY BRADLEY EVERY DAY.AND APRIL DID EVERY THING SHE WAS ORDERED TO DO AND SHE DEALS WITH IT THHE BEST SHE CAN.THIS IS FROM HER MOM THIS TIME,JANE
someone

Linton, IN

#58 Oct 23, 2012
she didnt just get house arrest! she was put on probation too. and she lost the kids. her oldest daughter lives with her father because of the crap she did. she got the other two back. she is a loving mother and a good friend. she hates herself for what she did and it couldve happened to any body. so yall need to give it a rest and stop coming up with these stupid ideas that she got off scott free. ok!?!?!?!?!?
bridget

Linton, IN

#59 Oct 23, 2012
i love you mamaw!!!!!!!!
QHcutter

Reelsville, IN

#60 Oct 23, 2012
someone wrote:
she didnt just get house arrest! she was put on probation too. and she lost the kids. her oldest daughter lives with her father because of the crap she did. she got the other two back. she is a loving mother and a good friend. she hates herself for what she did and it couldve happened to any body. so yall need to give it a rest and stop coming up with these stupid ideas that she got off scott free. ok!?!?!?!?!?
It's been over a year since anyone's posted anything about this, so maybe you're the one that should finally 'give it a rest'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane Padgett Tue Casey 2
Jasonville Woman Arrested After Stealing Applia... Jan 10 sowc 1
Stress games at wvcf Jan 7 Guard new job 1
Michelle Scales Jan 6 mad hub 2
Who's down for a good time ? (Jul '14) Dec '14 Ed Donna 4
Body Cameras Dec '14 EyeonCops 1
Fake pregnancy and fake miscarriage Dec '14 Inquiring minds 1
Linton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Linton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots