Sullivan Man Guilty Of Traffic Deaths Seeks Post Conviction Relief

Jan 24, 2012 Full story: WBIW-AM Bedford 21

Tra Hibbard, of Sullivan, who was sentenced to 45 years in prison in connection with a fatal crash Oct.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pay the piper

Bloomington, IN

#1 Jan 28, 2012
What's he doing getting out in 2032? He killed two innocent people. No, he should not get out early. What about relief for the family members you killed. As Al Borlin would say, " I don't think so Tim"
Not a friend

Bloomington, IN

#2 Jan 28, 2012
/Who
Danny

Bloomington, IN

#3 Feb 12, 2012
.09 bac? Barely over the legal limit. And the marijuana is negligible at best. Obviously the family of those injured and killed are hurting and my heart goes out to them for their losses. I pray my family never has to face that. However, a young man's life has been seriously interrupted over what looks to be an accident. What about his family and loved ones? The people in this world who want to punish everyone have no sense of forgiveness or compassion. Ruining another life does not repair the damage done. In fact, it only serves to spread the pain.
Danny

Bloomington, IN

#4 Feb 12, 2012
I don't think so, Piper. Get off your high horse. Hope you never have to deal with the justice system or people like yourself. It would be an eye opener for you. You are sad.

Washington, IN

#5 Feb 12, 2012
Is this the guy who was running away after stealing gas so that he could visit a family member in jail?
Troll

Bloomington, IN

#6 Feb 14, 2012
Its a sad situation but I'm with Piper. We have to be resposible for our own actions. He was legally drunk and took two lives.
HIBBARD

Columbus, IN

#7 Feb 19, 2012
As the other individual involved in this ACCIDENT I know first hand that this is nothing further than a mistake. The car accident woul dnot have happened if the Dean's weren't chasing us, so don't blame both me & my brother for all of this. The only wrong thing we did was theft, and get scared of another CITIZEN having no rights to crash into us, or run us off the road.
BooHoo

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Feb 19, 2012
HIBBARD wrote:
As the other individual involved in this ACCIDENT I know first hand that this is nothing further than a mistake. The car accident woul dnot have happened if the Dean's weren't chasing us, so don't blame both me & my brother for all of this. The only wrong thing we did was theft, and get scared of another CITIZEN having no rights to crash into us, or run us off the road.
You poor victim!
bubba

Bloomington, IN

#9 Feb 20, 2012
HIBBARD wrote:
If this was just a 'mistake' then simply give back the lives you took and go on your merry way. If you can't do that, THEN PAY FOR YOUR CRIME. And quit trying to pin the cause on being chased. You were being chased because of ANOTHER 'mistake' you made,stealing gas, wasn't it?
Outsider

Bloomington, IN

#10 Feb 20, 2012
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>If this was just a 'mistake' then simply give back the lives you took and go on your merry way. If you can't do that, THEN PAY FOR YOUR CRIME. And quit trying to pin the cause on being chased. You were being chased because of ANOTHER 'mistake' you made,stealing gas, wasn't it?
And what of the Dean's? Shouldn't they be in prison for vigilantism according to your logic?
Outsider

Bloomington, IN

#11 Feb 20, 2012
The crime was theft, not murder. It was an accident.
hope

Bloomington, IN

#12 Feb 25, 2012
a very sad and costly mistake....way too early to discuss any relief
Danny

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2012
Woooow! U Sullivan people are pure dirt. I wish u and everyone like u who give other Hoosiers a bad name would all find a nice little island far from the rest of us who are compassionate and intelligent where u can all wallow in ur own ignorance till the die we are gifted with ur death. I spit on u, dumbass rednecks. If it were up to u all, the rest of us would all be in jail, leaving u free to rape ur sister or cousin or whatever it is u uneducated freaks do for entertainment. His knows u don't read. U r pathetic and represent everything that rots this country from within.
bubba

Bloomington, IN

#14 Mar 16, 2012
Danny wrote:
Woooow! U Sullivan people are pure dirt. I wish u and everyone like u who give other Hoosiers a bad name would all find a nice little island far from the rest of us who are compassionate and intelligent where u can all wallow in ur own ignorance till the die we are gifted with ur death. I spit on u, dumbass rednecks. If it were up to u all, the rest of us would all be in jail, leaving u free to rape ur sister or cousin or whatever it is u uneducated freaks do for entertainment. His knows u don't read. U r pathetic and represent everything that rots this country from within.
da hell wit yer sister or cuzzin...i wants yer SHEEP!!
Just Here

Pryor, OK

#15 May 6, 2012
I hope he gets relief I work with him and in general I don't want any of these men getting out however there are a few such as mr. Hibbard who don't deserve the time they got yes he took 2 lives but he also almost lost his little sister and his own children have lost their father. Over a few dollars of gas? yes everyone I know he was drinking, but how many of you have drank and drove? many much druniker than he was at the time! sometimes shit happens we all know that! 45 years is certainly ridiculous for the crime commited here. and I too think the people chasing these two should also be charged they were told by 911 dispatcher not to pursue the truck but chose to follow them and cause a chase! how are they not also to blame for this?
Say What

Terre Haute, IN

#16 May 6, 2012
Just Here wrote:
I hope he gets relief I work with him and in general I don't want any of these men getting out however there are a few such as mr. Hibbard who don't deserve the time they got yes he took 2 lives but he also almost lost his little sister and his own children have lost their father. Over a few dollars of gas? yes everyone I know he was drinking, but how many of you have drank and drove? many much druniker than he was at the time! sometimes shit happens we all know that! 45 years is certainly ridiculous for the crime commited here. and I too think the people chasing these two should also be charged they were told by 911 dispatcher not to pursue the truck but chose to follow them and cause a chase! how are they not also to blame for this?
I think one of the biggest crimes on here is your grammar.
Just Here

Pryor, OK

#17 May 6, 2012
So sorry, I didn't realize the grammar police were tracking me. I was more concentrated on the point I was trying to make than on how well I punctuated my paragraph.
just me

United States

#18 May 6, 2012
The good Lord said it so i know its the truth an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth !!!!
lamarr

Bloomington, IN

#19 May 6, 2012
just me wrote:
The good Lord said it so i know its the truth an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth !!!!
he also said not to cut your hair...how long is yours??
Grammar Police

Terre Haute, IN

#20 May 6, 2012
Just Here wrote:
So sorry, I didn't realize the grammar police were tracking me. I was more concentrated on the point I was trying to make than on how well I punctuated my paragraph.
It is hard to tell what your point is when nobody can understand anything you typed. Just so you know, you have been issued a warning from the grammar police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane Padgett Jan 28 True 3
Jasonville Woman Arrested After Stealing Applia... Jan 10 sowc 1
Stress games at wvcf Jan 7 Guard new job 1
Michelle Scales Jan 6 mad hub 2
Who's down for a good time ? (Jul '14) Dec '14 Ed Donna 4
Body Cameras Dec '14 EyeonCops 1
Fake pregnancy and fake miscarriage Dec '14 Inquiring minds 1
Linton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web