Report: 1 dead, 1 hurt in snowmobile ...

Report: 1 dead, 1 hurt in snowmobile crash in Lino Lakes

There are 15 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 3, 2011, titled Report: 1 dead, 1 hurt in snowmobile crash in Lino Lakes. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

One person was killed and another injured when their snowmobile crashed into a tree in Lino Lakes early this morning, according to WCCO-TV. The crash happened around 1:30 a.m. on the edge of Reshanau Lake, the station said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Out-N-About

Sioux Falls, SD

#1 Mar 3, 2011
1:30 in the morning! Makes me think the worst, I hope it was just a freak accident. My prayers to the families involved.
Diamond

Lake Elmo, MN

#2 Mar 3, 2011
1:30 in the morning. Makes me think the were drunk.
Friend

New Ulm, MN

#3 Mar 3, 2011
Diamond wrote:
1:30 in the morning. Makes me think the were drunk.
Excuse you? There are family and friends mourning today. Jumping to conclusions with out knowing the people or circumstances involved makes you look like an idot.
sam i am

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2011
What the hell was a tree doing in the middle of the trail, good grief.
sam i am

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2011
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse you? There are family and friends mourning today. Jumping to conclusions with out knowing the people or circumstances involved makes you look like an idot.
actually we canít see him or hear him so he canít look like an idiot, but ! by reading his post you could say he writes an idiot.
RIP sledder

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 3, 2011
TV reports indicate the driver was drinking at a local bar.

Also reported was that the driver gave the woman/passenger his helmet to wear and the driver was not wearing a helmet when the tree was struck. Sounds like the woman will live, the driver surly did the right thing letting her wear the helmet, KUDOs to him.

It looked like the sled in the collison was a blue Yamaha 4 stroke with dual exhaust, a very fast machine.

Back in the 1970's I hit a stump at about 2 MPH with an old Skirule, the stump didn't move but I was on top of the handlebars before I knew what was going on. Hard objects just don't move at all.

Ya'll be carefull out there, again RIP sledder.
Out-N-About

Sioux Falls, SD

#7 Mar 3, 2011
Why would my post be judged "spam" & "clueless". Nothing negative was said, some people just don't have a clue. I made that post right after it made the news. The investigation will reveal what really happened, but they do say a bar was in the picture. Sad,so sad....
Dummies

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 3, 2011
Out-N-About wrote:
Why would my post be judged "spam" & "clueless". Nothing negative was said, some people just don't have a clue. I made that post right after it made the news. The investigation will reveal what really happened, but they do say a bar was in the picture. Sad,so sad....
Because the judges are clueless. Anybody can judge and if you read the comments it's obvious the clueless are out there.
sam i am

United States

#9 Mar 3, 2011
He wasssss drunnnnnk period.
Dummies

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 3, 2011
Like I said.
sam i am

United States

#11 Mar 3, 2011
Dummies wrote:
Like I said.
he was seen consuming alcohol with his girlfriend at the bar dipshet go figure.
Friend

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Mar 3, 2011
I know the girl. She works at the bar and was working that night. So sad. Love you Dree.
Diamond

Lake Elmo, MN

#13 Mar 4, 2011
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then reckless.
stewpidarss

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Mar 6, 2011
sam i am wrote:
He wasssss drunnnnnk period.
Oh, the judge and jury are in!!
Becca

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Mar 10, 2011
I grew up with this boy - I dug out years of our old soccer pictures together last weekend. The accident also happened next door to my aunt's house. What they fail to mention on the paper and in the news is that there was a plowed path, creating a man-made embankment, where the accident occurred.
If you've ever tried driving a snowmobile without a helmet on, then you would know how difficult it is to see at any speed. If you've ever driven a snowmobile at night, then you know you can overdrive your headlights at minimal speeds on a choppy lake.
To sam-you-aren't: you are a pit stain on the t-shirt of society. What kind of animals raised you to think people would want to hear you speak when there are hundreds mourning the tragic loss of a life taken far too soon? Prick.
To John's family: My heart goes out to you. Though words may be meaningless right now, find comfort in the love and concern that surround you from so many who deeply care. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 men arrested in burglary at Obama Elementary ... (Aug '10) Wed Well Well 38
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Tue Atendee 143
New restaurant office Bristol Mar '17 Hairless food plz 3
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) May '16 Daniel 73
News DNA Evidence Links Inmate To 2000 Rape (Feb '06) Feb '16 TOASTER 6

Lino Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lino Lakes Mortgages