Lino Lakes approves English-only ordi...

Lino Lakes approves English-only ordinance

There are 512 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 26, 2010, titled Lino Lakes approves English-only ordinance. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Applause, tears and disruptions were all part of a Lino Lakes City Council meeting Monday night as council members adopted English as the city's official language.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
P T Bigot

Saint Paul, MN

#529 Aug 4, 2010
Brown people scare me.
P T Bull

Hopkins, MN

#530 Aug 4, 2010
P T Bigot wrote:
Brown people scare me.

Why is that?
Earsall Mackbee

Saint Paul, MN

#531 Aug 11, 2010
THISSUCKS and NOTYOURWAY, you both can't possibly be as stupid as you seem?
You teeth analogy immediately fails because you have NO control over your teeth. LL has COMPLETE control over the decision to spend for translations. That is the most idiotic statement I've seen posted in quite some time. THISSUCKS, you take the cake as the most ignorant conservative here on this Board.

And NOTYOURWAY, when you make a decision solely to discriminate. that's racism. There is NO finacial justification for it. You never even tried to argur that point cuz you knew you'd lose. Of course, a bigot like you can't see the obvious.
better call somebody

Saint Paul, MN

#532 Aug 11, 2010
Earsall Mackbee wrote:
IT's NOT a language based ordinance, it IS plain and simple racism.
The excuse given was to save $$.
1. How much as LL spent so far?$0
2. How much will they spend in the future?$0 (Folks, they decide if they want to spend dollars to translate. All they have to do is decide not to.)
Given that they've spent $0 on this in the past and will spend $0 on it in the future, it has nothing to do with money. It's about race!
Which race?
King Obama says

Saint Paul, MN

#533 Aug 11, 2010
better call somebody wrote:
<quoted text>
Which race?
Grandmas Marathon!!
Get Your Facts Straight

Saint Paul, MN

#535 Aug 18, 2010
linokid wrote:
In 3 months no one will even think of this. When you come to this country you are expected to assimilate. The official language of this country is english, I for one think if you are gonna live here speak the tongue. If I move to Mexico you betcha Im gonna learn spanish. Kudos to lino from lino
English is NOT the official language of the United States, you ignorant fool. Go get your facts straight before you start spreading rumors.
Turk

Long Lake, MN

#536 Aug 18, 2010
Get Your Facts Straight wrote:
<quoted text>
English is NOT the official language of the United States, you ignorant fool. Go get your facts straight before you start spreading rumors.
So what Official United States documents are in a language other than english?
Earsall Mackbee

Saint Paul, MN

#537 Aug 18, 2010
Any non-English speaking race.
purplepie

United States

#539 Aug 19, 2010
I love it. I hate it when I have to push 1 for English. GO LINO LAKES.....
citiesgirl

Saint Paul, MN

#540 Sep 9, 2010
Fred wrote:
Where is English mandated in the US Constitution? Why is it the government's role to restrict people's freedom to use the language of their choice? Wave that flag more, racists.
Well Fred there was a time in the State of Minnesota when it was not allowed for people to speak in public in anything but English. Was this countries constitution written in Spanish? German perhaps? WTF?
J_dub

Dallas, TX

#541 Oct 24, 2010
Juan Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>
Chinga tu madre ! This means I agree with you in Spanish!
I am guessing with 50 Million Latinos, you can't go very far without hearing Spanish but think of it this way, I can't go very far withour hearing English. Maybe we should deport all these people to England.
Take your madre and you go home. Learn a little history before you go and cuss the people that founded a nation for ALL people to live free. YOU are suppose to assimalate when you come here.
J_dub

Dallas, TX

#542 Oct 24, 2010
Get Your Facts Straight wrote:
<quoted text>
They never said it was the OFFICIAL language DA. Why don't you learn how to read before you go running your mouth. I think we should make it OUR (I'm refering to American's) offical language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) 14 hr Follow FOX news 152
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Sep 20 StayAway 3
News 4 men arrested in burglary at Obama Elementary ... (Aug '10) Jul '17 Well Well 37
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) May '16 Daniel 73
News DNA Evidence Links Inmate To 2000 Rape (Feb '06) Feb '16 TOASTER 6

Lino Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lino Lakes Mortgages