Xperience Fitness, Blaine - Golds gym location

Posted in the Lino Lakes Forum

JDL

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2013
This club has gone from BAD to worse. We just moved and finally cancelled the membership. Stoped all pmts with checking account information, and all pmts on CC.
They NEVER credited our health fitness credits, watch this company - they claim to have thousands of members, but the QUALITY and service is going DOWN.
called the state to review their process of crediting the monthly health care credits, they seem to be missing hundreds of membes monthy credits.( where is that money going ) state is on it !!
the better choice is Life Time ! Now this is a QUALITY health club with true mgt. and direction.
not a fan of xperience

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jan 3, 2013
we havefriends tell us of the same poor customer service at these clubs. They have tried several times to recover their heath credits ? Still no answer, will direct them to the state of MN, to communicate their issues.

JDL wrote:
This club has gone from BAD to worse. We just moved and finally cancelled the membership. Stoped all pmts with checking account information, and all pmts on CC.
They NEVER credited our health fitness credits, watch this company - they claim to have thousands of members, but the QUALITY and service is going DOWN.
called the state to review their process of crediting the monthly health care credits, they seem to be missing hundreds of membes monthy credits.( where is that money going ) state is on it !!
the better choice is Life Time ! Now this is a QUALITY health club with true mgt. and direction.
mmr

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 1, 2013
xperience fitness..... ha what a joke. yes it's cheap but not even worth that. Good luck trying to get a parking spot, not to mention the machines are over used and under maintained. 9/10 times I get on an Elliptical, it says "no ramp, battery low" WTF! Today I get there at 2:01 to tan for my trip. All the slots are full for 2pm so I get a slot for 2:15. I wait 25 minutes, yes 10 minutes after MY time, for the 2 pm person to get out. I proceed to the front counter where the guy tells me to hold on while he is helping his partner, so I wait patiently. After waiting a few minutes, the other guy asks how many minutes I would like to go. I reply the full 12 minutes. He responds "well I can only give you 6 minutes because I have to keep this on track" I say confused "well the other lady just walked out so why can't I have my whole session" He says "I know, some people take longer to get dress but I need to keep this on track" I say "so where were you to keep her on track, she just took 10 minutes of mine?" He says " well its not too busy so you could probably sign up for another time slot and not have to wait too long" So you would like me to tan for 6 minutes, get dressed, wait for another bed to open to finish tanning after I just waited 25 minutes to tan at MY time because YOU need to keep on track? F you =membership canceled, anytime, YMCA, and lifetime are a thousand times better and worth the price compared to this joke.
Fed up with XF Blaine

Saint Cloud, MN

#4 Apr 15, 2013
I have been a member for about 16months.It was Golds Gym. Soon after they changed to Xperience Fitness. I hired a personal trainer. My trainer was great, but XF let her go and didn't notify any of her clients. I got a new trainer who lasted about 2 weeks than she left. I trained one more time and my 3rd trainer left after his 3rd day of working there. I have gotten word that they pay their trainers soooo bad they can keep them. I've seen over a dozen trainers AND managers leave since I started working out there. Gold's seemed like a nice place, XF it got nasty dirty, the machines are broken of barely working. I finally cancelled and went to Life Time.
Annon

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 15, 2013
I belong to XP fitness in Blaine and it really has gone down hill since I joined 2 years ago. I do not expect a lot putnof a gym- just to have it clean and machines up to par and working. Everytime I go there, a new machine is broken. Not only that, but all the machines that were already broken never are fixed. I was so mad when the ab machine was down for months!! My husband says the mens bathroom smells really bad and I can say the womens is no better. I just bought my own equipment so I can do what I need to do putsode of the gym and quit that place. I have an awesome trainer who figured out there are better places to work too. It is really a shame. The gym has good potential but the management does not appear to care enough to make this gym a quality gym.
Annon

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 15, 2013
Makes me hate that place even more. Most of the front desk people are worthless too. Parking makes me mad too!
mmr wrote:
xperience fitness..... ha what a joke. yes it's cheap but not even worth that. Good luck trying to get a parking spot, not to mention the machines are over used and under maintained. 9/10 times I get on an Elliptical, it says "no ramp, battery low" WTF! Today I get there at 2:01 to tan for my trip. All the slots are full for 2pm so I get a slot for 2:15. I wait 25 minutes, yes 10 minutes after MY time, for the 2 pm person to get out. I proceed to the front counter where the guy tells me to hold on while he is helping his partner, so I wait patiently. After waiting a few minutes, the other guy asks how many minutes I would like to go. I reply the full 12 minutes. He responds "well I can only give you 6 minutes because I have to keep this on track" I say confused "well the other lady just walked out so why can't I have my whole session" He says "I know, some people take longer to get dress but I need to keep this on track" I say "so where were you to keep her on track, she just took 10 minutes of mine?" He says " well its not too busy so you could probably sign up for another time slot and not have to wait too long" So you would like me to tan for 6 minutes, get dressed, wait for another bed to open to finish tanning after I just waited 25 minutes to tan at MY time because YOU need to keep on track? F you =membership canceled, anytime, YMCA, and lifetime are a thousand times better and worth the price compared to this joke.
Adam

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 19, 2013
Yep the place is really bad and don't think about using their child care services while you work out.
I would suggest going to YMCA in Andover that is a really nice place to workout and is great for kids.
Jeri

Minneapolis, MN

#8 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
Yep the place is really bad and don't think about using their child care services while you work out.
I would suggest going to YMCA in Andover that is a really nice place to workout and is great for kids.
their so called kids club is a disaster, with danger signals all over it.
rich

United States

#9 May 17, 2013
I don't unerdstand all these bitchy ass comments. Its a gym, not a spa. You go there to work out or use ellipticals. Its not perfect and its not LA fitness or Lifetime, its $10 a month...cmon people! I go there all the time, sometimes you find a janky machine so move to the next one, its not that hard.$10 a month, I repeat $10 a month not $40 like LA and not $70 like Lifetime. Just cause you spend more doesn't mean its gonna do the work for you. See also "motivation"
Ron

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 27, 2013
35 years working out at numerous clubs across the country. Xperience fitness is by far, the worst run club I have utilized. Inspect the weight machine pads and you will find many have cracked and worn padding. This becomes a health issue as a cut pad can easily break the skin. I have asked for staff members to address one machine in particular with torn pads; 4 months later ...... Still with ripped pads digging into your wrists and hands! View all the extremely negative signage placed above the workout area and you will have an idea of their corporate attitude.
Mel

Forest Lake, MN

#11 Jul 5, 2013
I was a member of the YMCA until last year when I became a FT student again and could no longer afford the $63/mo dues. I joined X because $20/mo for classes and everything. I mainly keep my membership to go to use the pool and go to the occasional class, esp cycle classes in the winter. Sometime I use the treadmill if the weather is not conducive for running outside.
What I will say: you get what you pay for.
Yes, there are often multiple machines broken and it takes weeks for them to get fixed. There have been several times that I was using a treadmill and it couldn't get up to a fast enough speed.
The pool is only 2 roped off lanes so if you get there at prime time you might not get a lane. Also- some people don't understand the idea of bringing the kids to play during family time or keeping them out of the lanes when people are swimming laps. Sometimes the pool isn't very clean.
The classes are taught by quality trainers but some of the equipment is shoddy, or there isn't enough for the whole class. There also aren't many class times offered so sometimes it is hard for me to find one to fit my schedule. Bottom line: it does the trick for me right now. When I'm working again I'll be back to the Y :)
**I primarily visit the Vadnais Heights and Blaine, MN locations
cjt1279

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Sep 9, 2013
After only a few months of membership to Xperience Fitness, I got extremely ill. It got to the point where I had been to seven doctors, had multiple tests and yet no diagnosis. After a month, I got to the point where I could hardly get out of bed. I was at the point where I had missed so much work I was no longer getting paid sick leave and was afriad of loosing my car & home. During this time I tried calling multiple times to cancel the membership, but they explained to me that they would not cancel my membership over the phone saying that I instead was required to physically come in and do it! Some nice employees put me through to the managers office where I left multiple voice messages, Yet not once did I recieve a call back!
cjt1279

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Sep 9, 2013
After only a few months of membership to Xperience Fitness, I got extremely ill. It got to the point where I had been to seven doctors, had multiple tests and yet no diagnosis. After a month, I got to the point where I could hardly get out of bed. I was at the point where I had missed so much work I was no longer getting paid sick leave and was afriad of loosing my car & home. During this time I tried calling multiple times to cancel the membership, but they explained to me that they would not cancel my membership over the phone saying that I instead was required to physically come in and do it! Some nice employees put me through to the managers office where I left multiple voice messages, Yet not once did I recieve a call back!
I finally had to get someone to drive me there (as I was to sick to drive) and walk in and do it! That is really bad customer service, that they require a deathly ill person to physically come in and cancel it, while contaminating everyone there!
Roger21

United States

#14 Dec 4, 2013
I just signed up on 12/1/2013. $9.99/mo with a $1 sign up fee. I was told I'd be charged ~$26 for the 1st payment for both 1st and last month's payment. Today I notice on my statement that I was charged $43. So I called up the gym and was told that was correct and that the monthly fee is $19.99, not $9.99. He said there is a $9.99 plan but the signup fee is $59. I didn't make these numbers up... my wife was there and the sales guy was the one that told me $9.99/mo and initial charge of $26. Filing a dispute with the credit company today.
CatherineC

United States

#15 Feb 11, 2014
Currently a member with Xperience Fitness I'm Blaine, MN. I agree that you get what you pay for as far as.the equipment goes, and parking is rediculous, but my real complaint is that they will say anyhing to get you to sign up, and not follow through with it! I was sold on a $25/mo. Membership, which they told me was basically paying the enrollment fee over a year span, and there was a penalty to drop to the lower $10/mo membership. I asked if it was pro-rated longer I went, and they said yes. I was also told that my insurance (Cigna via HealthPartners) provided a discount. Now I find out, now that I am ready to drop my membership down, that I am not allowed to do so at ALL with my "Value Plus Plan" and that I have to pay $69 to cancel my membership. Additionally, I have been promised many call backs from managers regarding the insurance discount that have never occured.

Positives
- lots of machines, so even when its busy- and it always is! There is usually one available.
-The locker rooms are kept fairly clean.
-The pool is not too busy.
- Cheap membership and close to my home.
- One-Time free fitness assessment is pretty cool.
- The classes, when you can get in, are legit! Especially yoga and spin.

Negatives
-inattentive front-desk staff (always on their cell phones, and don't notice you standing there half the time!)
- Tanning beds and classes are often full.
- Parking is a nightmare.
- Lots of machines, but always a lot broken.
-Only one water fountain in the whole place.
- Beware of the sheet they give you to fill out at sign-up. They say to put any friends and family down that might come with you at any point, so they can be in the computer system. They don't tell you that they are going to harass your friends and family by calling them over and over until they aren't speaking to you anymore.
- The lack of customer care/customer service is astounding. All the way up to the general manager is terrible!

All I can say is, I joined the club so I would have a place to run in the winter. I wished I had read the google reviews and Better Business Bureau reviews before I signed on the dotted line. This whole experience has been AWFUL.
Jak

Bellflower, CA

#16 Feb 25, 2014
Same thing happend to me. I am wondering if this is some sort of scam from the Blaine location or a employee there. The manager and corporate don't want to deal with it and won't return phone calls.
Tom

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Apr 16, 2014
Too many broken or worn machines, sauna is undependable, people spray their favorite scents on the heating grid(no thanks lady, keep it to yourself), whirlpool is too often down, dirty or under proper temp. Showers are nasty, lockers are small. But for $10 you get what you get. The classes look very good. I'm somewhere else now, clean, fully functional but more $$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randi Nicole Blaido Sep 27 Bibi Jones 13
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Sep 26 Bart Quiz 89
Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) Aug '14 Sangelia 64
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Recycling Reinvented releases American EPR study Jul '14 sales 1
Review: Pazazz Bodywork Jul '14 Leanne 1
Nine arrested in prostitution sting to appear i... (Jul '11) Jul '14 Smaug Undesolated 8
Lino Lakes Dating
Find my Match

Lino Lakes Jobs

Lino Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lino Lakes News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lino Lakes

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]