For wife of jailed Toyota driver, ang...

For wife of jailed Toyota driver, anger, regret

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 16, 2010, titled For wife of jailed Toyota driver, anger, regret. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Pang Houa Moua holds her youngest child Angel Lee, 2, in the backyard of their St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Saint Paul RiverRat

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jul 17, 2010
Like many, I feel very sorry for the Lee family. The sentence may or may not have been inappropriate for the circumstances of the accident, that would be up to judicial review to determine on appeal. Brent Schafer's new theory of the cause of the crash appears to be simply hopeful adoption of the Toyota defect affecting different year cars with totally different brake systems. The proposition that a condition caused by a defect in a electronic brake system could have caused a crash in a vehicle with a mechanical brake system, that is a totally different system, caused the crash and that Mr. Lee is a victim of ineffective counsel because he did not base a defense on an impossible situation goes beyond stretching to the realm of desperation.
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

#5 Jul 17, 2010
$17,000 for an attorney and this was the outcome. The rates these guys charge are beyond comprehension. If someone in your family gets involved in anything with the justice system you can go broke in a hurry. And their reach extends beyond the legal fees. In many cases your life will never be the same even though your only crime was being related to the individual being implicated. At least his wife has been able to stay in school and focused on the future. I have to give her credit for overcoming their efforts to destroy all their lives.
Find out

Elk River, MN

#6 Jul 17, 2010
We now find out that most of the cases with the Toyota cars were driver error. Government Motors did a great job trying to go after Toyota with hopes that they could sell more GM's. Shame on GM and the media for going along with it. When will the media start doing it's job right?
jim

Hudson, WI

#7 Jul 17, 2010
amazing how unintended acceleration has left the front pages. because it doesn't happen. Especially on a car with an accelerator cable
Outer Space

United States

#8 Jul 17, 2010
The Governor should grant this man clemency and clear his record. No one can repay him for his lost family time. He should receive $50,000. dollars for each year spent in jail, to cover lost wagews. This case is a true travesty of justice. The arrogant prosecutors value their conviction record, more than they value justice!
rocky

Cumberland, WI

#9 Jul 17, 2010
Just like millions of Americans. If you can not prove your innocense in a rigged court you go to jail. If he wants a fare day in court. He must first go to a freec ountry with a constitution and civil rights. American courts are extortion rackeets a place where a greedy few pervail and the poor are tortured for personal satisfaction of the judiciary. Todays just us system has millions illegally in jail so judges can get rich.
To Orange Pop

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 17, 2010
Actually 15, in many countries is the age when girls are eligible to start dating and get married. It's normal where they come from. And 96 Camry's may not have the same throttle problem that newer Camry's have, but the Nat'l Highway Safety Board lists 96 Camry's as having a cruise control problem.
Lets help this man

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 17, 2010
He deserves he old evidence and the evidence to be heard. Come to the support rally at 8:00 a.m. just before his evidence hearing - outside the ramsey court house on Kellogg & Wabasha. Just show up - the closest parking is at the hotel ramp on the corner of Kellogg & Wabasha - the ramp entrance is on Wabasha.
P T Bull

Hopkins, MN

#13 Jul 17, 2010
More pretexts for keeping this media-obsessed matter on the front page. Next they will do a profile on his dog.
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#15 Jul 17, 2010
This happened because he was a foreigner. It's obvious that what he's saying is true, unless you're the Queen, Susan Gaertner...and that might be a blemish on your record. Wins and losses have nothing to do with this, and I know among lawyers that's a novel thought. It's right and wrong...and the voices are growing Susan, if you want to get elected to office again in the future, do what's right.
Tom

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 17, 2010
If you were in a Toyota, just demand a new trial, even though your car predates all the other Toyota problems. Even if no evidence exists that the car had any mechanical problem. The Pioneer Press will come by and take cute photos of your kids and publish them to help their agenda in the case.
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#17 Jul 17, 2010
Orange Pop wrote:
So his wife is 24 and they have an 8 year old (granted they were in Thailand) but she was 15/16 when she got pregnant. And Foung Lee is 32 - so he married/raped a 15/16 year old when he was 24. Way to go Mr. Lee.
Laws are different in other countries and you can get married if the woman's parents okay it in this country. Know your facts.
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#18 Jul 17, 2010
Tom wrote:
If you were in a Toyota, just demand a new trial, even though your car predates all the other Toyota problems. Even if no evidence exists that the car had any mechanical problem. The Pioneer Press will come by and take cute photos of your kids and publish them to help their agenda in the case.
You obviously have never been accused of something you didn't do. I feel sorry for you the day it happens.
Hmmmmm

Rochester, MN

#19 Jul 17, 2010
The new findings are that most of the crashes were the drivers fault and NOT the fault of Toyota.
whatever

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jul 17, 2010
Orange Pop wrote:
So his wife is 24 and they have an 8 year old (granted they were in Thailand) but she was 15/16 when she got pregnant. And Foung Lee is 32 - so he married/raped a 15/16 year old when he was 24. Way to go Mr. Lee.
well, if you say that, she still has the chance to run while he is in prison, why isnt she running? Here in america, we dont give a f*ck about the traditions no more, if we dont care about the guy, we do the walk, like america does.
Where is the Love

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Jul 17, 2010
I was just watching the video for "Where is the Love" and wondering where the love is in this case. Who is helping the Lee-Moua family? What is sustaining the Adams & Bolton family? I would love to hear that angle from the Pioneer Press. Where is the Love?
whatever

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jul 17, 2010
To Orange Pop wrote:
Actually 15, in many countries is the age when girls are eligible to start dating and get married. It's normal where they come from. And 96 Camry's may not have the same throttle problem that newer Camry's have, but the Nat'l Highway Safety Board lists 96 Camry's as having a cruise control problem.
yeah, 15 in most countries, excluding the US because they start at around age 12. They done' get married, but they can have sex and become pregnant and live independently and go on food support and medicaid, this is a normal thing here in the 50 states. They also support this kind of act.
Get Real

Alexandria, VA

#24 Jul 17, 2010
Ok Lady, Boo Hoo your husband is in prision. He killed 3 people by driving like a maniac. Be grateful he's not dead like the three people that he hit. You sure seem to want to blame those who are not at fault. It's not Toyota or your lawyers fault your husband is in prision. You, nor anyone else have presented any evidence that the car had mechanical issues before crashing.
dum dums

Hibbing, MN

#25 Jul 17, 2010
Where is the Love wrote:
I was just watching the video for "Where is the Love" and wondering where the love is in this case. Who is helping the Lee-Moua family? What is sustaining the Adams & Bolton family? I would love to hear that angle from the Pioneer Press. Where is the Love?
i am sure we tax payers are and always have been helping this family since they migrated over to this country.
In Addition

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Jul 17, 2010
Get Real wrote:
Ok Lady, Boo Hoo your husband is in prision. He killed 3 people by driving like a maniac. Be grateful he's not dead like the three people that he hit. You sure seem to want to blame those who are not at fault. It's not Toyota or your lawyers fault your husband is in prision. You, nor anyone else have presented any evidence that the car had mechanical issues before crashing.
.
It was a 10yo car. Good bet on improper maintenance or just being a shitehole driver!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Apr 30 Cjm 140
New restaurant office Bristol Mar '17 Hairless food plz 3
News 4 men arrested in burglary at Obama Elementary ... (Aug '10) Feb '17 Dreco 36
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Nov '16 citizen for a bet... 2
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) May '16 Daniel 73

Lino Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lino Lakes Mortgages