Sorry

Minneapolis, MN

#62 Jun 12, 2014
Wow,

Aggressive. It blows my mind that you can have so much hostility toward a church. Because I don't have the time or desire to provide an itemized list of the work EBC does in the community and world to an "anonymous" individual who seems unreasonably hell-bent on bad mouthing an organization that they have nothing to do with, I'll provide you with links to resources so that you can educate yourself. How about that? Does that sound fair, Anonymous?

https://www.facebook.com/EbcLocalImpact

http://ebcmicahproject.com/

https://vimeo.com/91943014

I would also encourage you - if you are genuinely concerned and have a true desire to learn - to contact EBC directly. I'm not employed by EBC, I'm merely an attender and part of the church community. EBC will be able to give you more information about the church's local impact.

Finally, give it a rest. I cannot fathom going around bad-mouthing a church that I'm not involved with, invested in, or at all genuinely concerned about. You clearly have an irrational personal vendetta that you're working out. Give it up. It's not worth it. It's destructive and, frankly, sinful.

I'll repeat myself, we'd love to have you on the weekend. If EBC is not for you, that's fine. I get that, it's certainly not for everybody. That's the great thing about having hundreds of churches around sharing the Gospel - you have options! Find one that works for you and invest in it, rather than spending your time trying to drag a fellow church down.
Anonymous wrote:
WHAT'S THAT, SORRY?
SILENCE? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.
Dear Sorry,
Please list the programs, locations, and associated resources allotted to each program EBC has been called to serve. Thank you.
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you feel that way. EBC has been an incredible church home for me and my family - we meet God there every single week. There is nothing fake about it. The church is slowly expanding where it feels called. Spring Lake Park and Coon Rapids can hardly be considered "wealthy suburbs." Further, EBC supports dozens of inner city programs that do a great job of reaching people. If and when EBC feels called into "economically oppressed areas of Mpls/St. Paul" I have no doubt that EBC will follow God's calling there.
You're obviously not involved at EBC, so to be frank, why do you care? If anything a member could raise concerns. With no investment in the church community you're not adding to the discussion, you're merely making noise. Take a break. Find another, more constructive hobby.
Ivan

Minneapolis, MN

#63 Jun 23, 2014
Eagle Brook is nothing short of an exclusive club. Not so much of a church, certainly not Baptist. That's the bottom line.
Best Church in the Cities

Saint Paul, MN

#64 Jun 23, 2014
Topix is troll central so take what the liars are saying about EBC with a grain of salt. Though other institutions have compromised the Bible. EBC does not and stands on its truth... Pastor Bob and Pastor Don are true men of God.... Questions about the church are here. http://eaglebrookchurch.com
tired of the hype

Saint Paul, MN

#65 Jun 23, 2014
hilarious!
Ivan wrote:
Eagle Brook is nothing short of an exclusive club. Not so much of a church, certainly not Baptist. That's the bottom line. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3RJBd8zE48AXX
Antonio

Minneapolis, MN

#66 Jun 24, 2014
Best Church in the Cities wrote:
Topix is troll central so take what the liars are saying about EBC with a grain of salt. Though other institutions have compromised the Bible. EBC does not and stands on its truth... Pastor Bob and Pastor Don are true men of God.... Questions about the church are here. http://eaglebrookchurch.com
We see you've drank the Kool-Aid
tired of the hype

Saint Paul, MN

#67 Jun 24, 2014
No....this is sinful...and mean spirited. You get asked to back up your comments and then lash out when held accountable.
Sorry wrote:
Wow,
Aggressive. It blows my mind that you can have so much hostility toward a church. Because I don't have the time or desire to provide an itemized list of the work EBC does in the community and world to an "anonymous" individual who seems unreasonably hell-bent on bad mouthing an organization that they have nothing to do with, I'll provide you with links to resources so that you can educate yourself. How about that? Does that sound fair, Anonymous?
https://www.facebook.com/EbcLocalImpact
http://ebcmicahproject.com/
https://vimeo.com/91943014
I would also encourage you - if you are genuinely concerned and have a true desire to learn - to contact EBC directly. I'm not employed by EBC, I'm merely an attender and part of the church community. EBC will be able to give you more information about the church's local impact.
Finally, give it a rest. I cannot fathom going around bad-mouthing a church that I'm not involved with, invested in, or at all genuinely concerned about. You clearly have an irrational personal vendetta that you're working out. Give it up. It's not worth it. It's destructive and, frankly, sinful.
I'll repeat myself, we'd love to have you on the weekend. If EBC is not for you, that's fine. I get that, it's certainly not for everybody. That's the great thing about having hundreds of churches around sharing the Gospel - you have options! Find one that works for you and invest in it, rather than spending your time trying to drag a fellow church down.
<quoted text>
Try something better

Saint Paul, MN

#68 Jun 28, 2014
Antonio wrote:
<quoted text>We see you've drank the Kool-Aid
Kool Aid... Obviously does not attend the church. Eagle Brook Church is one of many fabulous churches here in the Twin Cities... From the great Bible teachings to the wonderful worship. So many have come to Christ and been set free from addictions there. IF seeing people set free from addictive behaviors is kool aid well I would like the whole gallon.
Need more input

Saint Paul, MN

#69 Jun 28, 2014
tired of the hype wrote:
No....this is sinful...and mean spirited. You get asked to back up your comments and then lash out when held accountable.
<quoted text>
I would like to know how speaking the truth is mean spirited.. I am coming at the end of this forum and not seeing it. Enlighten me..
Sorry

Minneapolis, MN

#71 Jun 30, 2014
tired of the hype wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how my response to you was "mean spirited" especially in light of the fact that I was responding to your previous comment that said "WHATS THAT SORRY, SILENCE? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT." It strikes me that a more stern response is warranted when being attacked in such a sarcastic and "mean spirited" manner ... wouldn't you agree?
Further, you have not held anybody "accountable." My "mean spirited" response provided links to resources and invited you to contact the church directly with any specific questions. In my life "accountability" comes from trusted parties who have a genuine concern for my well-being ... based on your comments you don't appear to fit that description. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your comments in this thread are not written out of genuine concern for the health and well-being of the church, rather, they're written out of spiteful anger and, in many instances, they even come across as hateful.
So, please forgive me for what you took as mean spirited remarks--that was not my intention and I apologize. My intention was to defend my church. I love what EBC is doing - through Christ - in the community and world to further His kingdom on earth. That's it. That's my whole agenda here. My cards are on the table. I'd love to "see your cards" to know exactly what you're trying to get out of this thread - maybe I could help you get there.
exactly

Minneapolis, MN

#72 Jun 30, 2014
we spend our Sundays at the pride parade.

what a joke -
Hypocracy and Judgement wrote:
Two reasons I don't attend church.
Randell

Minneapolis, MN

#73 Jun 30, 2014
I whole-hardheartedly agree with Ivan. EBC is a club.Not everyone is welcome there either. You need lots of money to join. Otherwise they wont give you the time of day.
Exposing Lies

Saint Paul, MN

#74 Jul 1, 2014
Randell wrote:
I whole-hardheartedly agree with Ivan. EBC is a club.Not everyone is welcome there either. You need lots of money to join. Otherwise they wont give you the time of day.
There are over 40,000 people who attend every weekend and it is growing... that does not sound like a club to me... nice try.... Very few people that I have met there are wealthy...
Christie

Minneapolis, MN

#76 Jul 8, 2014
Exposing Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over 40,000 people who attend every weekend and it is growing... that does not sound like a club to me... nice try.... Very few people that I have met there are wealthy...
The Mormons have a membership of over 15 million. What`s your point?
I am right

Saint Paul, MN

#77 Jul 8, 2014
Christie wrote:
<quoted text> The Mormons have a membership of over 15 million. What`s your point?
The person made a point that there is 40,000 people and growing at EBC. Which proves it is not an exclusive club. What do the mormons have to do with the discussion..dud of a point. Come back with something better
Seeking TRUE followers

Brainerd, MN

#78 Jul 8, 2014
Replying to Adam and Eve's quote: remember EBC, that God created Adam and Eve, not adam steve, stick to the Bible and we will have a solid Christian church. The liberal left can go and marry their horse, but the good news is that the pastors @ EBC do NOT have to perform a liberal sick marriage. Great loop hole in a sick law,
Adam and Eve wrote:
<quoted text>
remember EBC, that God created Adam and Eve, not adam steve, stick to the Bible and we will have a solid Christian church. The liberal left can go and marry their horse, but the good news is that the pastors @ EBC do NOT have to perform a liberal sick marriage. Great loop hole in a sick law,
Adam and Eve,
You are acting just like the fundamentalists that Eaglebrook created themselves to get away from Try being open to inclusion rather than exclusion. God is a Gog of love and not of hate. You are spouting off hateful things. My God and your God are obviously not the same. My God leads every Sunday at EBC. Would you like me to introduce you to him?
There is a simple solution to this. If you do not like this church continuing to move toward progression and inclusion of everyone including gay and lesbians, then maybe you should consider a new church because they are not going anywhere and the church does and will continue to support these children of God.
If you are a TRUE Christian, you will be embracing your new brothers and sisters in Christ and welcome them to the church instead of standing at the door and telling them not to come in. Our church does not have time for people like you in our congregation. You need to let go of your hate in order to truly love God!
Ask God for forgiveness.
Christie

Minneapolis, MN

#79 Jul 10, 2014
I am right wrote:
<quoted text>
The person made a point that there is 40,000 people and growing at EBC. Which proves it is not an exclusive club. What do the mormons have to do with the discussion..dud of a point. Come back with something better
Maybe because EBC is another club with lots of rich people like Mormons are except smaller.
Cindy

Saint Paul, MN

#80 Jul 11, 2014
EBC teaches a Biblical view of sex, that God designed sex to be between a man and a woman within the context of marriage, and sex outside of these parameters is offensive to God. You can verify this by listening to the message archives "Uncovered: a real look at love, sex and dating" Aug/Sept 2013. EBC teaches that all people should be treated with respect and dignity. Gays and single people committed to following Christ are called to lead a life of abstinence.
CRHS Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#81 Jul 15, 2014
Money talks and EBC appears to be calling the shots.
Ben A

Minneapolis, MN

#82 Jul 19, 2014
CRHS Observer wrote:
Money talks and EBC appears to be calling the shots.
Amen to that.
Get Real

Minneapolis, MN

#83 Jul 30, 2014
Ivan wrote:
Eagle Brook is nothing short of an exclusive club. Not so much of a church, certainly not Baptist. That's the bottom line. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3RJBd8zE48AXX
That video certainly sums it up. It is EBC in a nutshell. Plastic and superficial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abandoned house off main st near crescent pond ... May 21 Awt155 1
When is Blaine Johnsville Garage Sales??? (Apr '08) May 6 Ihhh 16
Dollar general May 3 Love me or hate me 1
News Man charged with five felonies (Oct '07) Feb '15 Blue Collar 69
News A coroner of compassion: The Anoka County medic... (Mar '08) Feb '15 nvrmnd 15
News Mortgage scam snagged scores (Jun '08) Feb '15 thompson twins 64
Randi Nicole Blaido (Jul '14) Feb '15 yellowsubmarine 103
More from around the web

Lino Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]