|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Sarah wrote:
If you want to hear what the EBC teaches on being gay plz hear it from them at.. http://eaglebrookchurch.com/media-resources/w...
start @ 20:30 - it states the facts.
Brett

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

Wow, people at Eagle brook go golfing? Who knew.
God created

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

facts are facts wrote:
<quoted text>
start @ 20:30 - it states the facts.
Adam and Eve

NOT

adam steve
Anonymous

Saint Cloud, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

The administration are members of EBC...
Anonymous

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
Why is EBC even allowed to be in a public School like Coon Rapids or Woodbury anyway? Isn`t that a violation of church and state? The superintendents must be members or golfing buddies.
The administration are members of EBC.
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The administration are members of EBC.
EBC members are some of the most hypocritical people I have ever met! They bash other religions and their ways of worship, yet tout being tolerant and welcoming. Interesting that so many of them send their kids to parochial schools, yet denounce the worship and and ideals of the religions who support those schools.
I would like to see EBC set up their own PreK-12 school. Put your money where your mouth is, EBC. If you want your kids in educated in a faith-based setting, then create your own school. Or would that take away from the funds needed to put on your weekend programs you pass off as services or build new campuses in affluent areas? I will say this, the founders of EBC created a lucrative business plan. I think that was their point- not spreading God's love. If it was, you would see EBC expand into needy neighborhoods- maybe rent out space in schools in needy school districts instead of Centennial and Woodbury.
Forest Lake Resident

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

I'm baffled to see this discussion online. In no way has EBC ever stated that living a homosexual lifestyle is okay with God or their church. What Pastor Merritt has stated is that they don't discriminate against anyone. Hence, there may be gay attenders. However, they believe and stand on the Bible's principles that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that homosexuality is a sin. Just as Jesus did, they love the person but denounce the sin. Stop lying on Pastor Don and any other pastor at EBC. There is no way that any of them waiver from the core principles of the Bible and that of EBC's mission.
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
EBC members are some of the most hypocritical people I have ever met! They bash other religions and their ways of worship, yet tout being tolerant and welcoming. Interesting that so many of them send their kids to parochial schools, yet denounce the worship and and ideals of the religions who support those schools.
I would like to see EBC set up their own PreK-12 school. Put your money where your mouth is, EBC. If you want your kids in educated in a faith-based setting, then create your own school. Or would that take away from the funds needed to put on your weekend programs you pass off as services or build new campuses in affluent areas? I will say this, the founders of EBC created a lucrative business plan. I think that was their point- not spreading God's love. If it was, you would see EBC expand into needy neighborhoods- maybe rent out space in schools in needy school districts instead of Centennial and Woodbury.
Agreed!!!!!!! Start your own school. SO tired of EBC people bragging about sending their kids to "private school" only to also hear them bash the same religion which supports the very school their kids attend.
AScaryLesboChris tian

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2014

Judged:

No, there is no church that ever teaches directly from the bible. They teach from their interpretation of what the bible says, which is based on the translation that was based on what another fallible human being interpreted.
WWW-Satans Powerful Tool wrote:
And here we go again...another way for the public to perceive the Christian church from a skewed perspective. The World Wide Web at it again. People looking in, do not use this information to judge the book by it's cover. Open the book, attend an Eagle Brook service just one time and hear the truth, feel the love, and come to understand the what the Bible says for yourself. I promise you will not be let down. This church teaches straight from Bible and nothing else. If you can't make it to one of the campuses to attend a service, find a church that does strictly teach right from the Bible. Last but not least, and this is how I attend, watch the messages posted on their website - a great way to hear Gods word if you live 3 hours away like I do. My brother and I listen to these on hunting and fishing trips. Again, i tell you with every bit of passion contained in me, you will not be let down. One word for this church, Awesome!
James

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2014

Judged:

I can guarantee every reader here, this is a false church. How can I be so bold to say this...I know the scriptures thats how. I know the Word of God inside and out. God specifically tells us that HE ALONE draws the human heart, in Fact God tells us, that those who do come are CHOSEN by God..LONG BEFORE THE FORMATION OF THE EARTH. Man doesnt save man. God alone saves man. There is nothing a man does that saves another man, nothing. Man can claim no credit for even ONE soul, yet we do in direct contradiction of scripture. God gave us believers ONE directive, and that wa sto give out Gods Gospel via the Word, not by human methods or fads, but by his word, because it is God who takes that word and changes the CHOSEN's heart to turn to Him. This Church thinks it is them who save people...self deceived no knowing phonies. Get out if Gods way with ypour ego and do what he has TOLD you to do...just give out the Word. Paul testified directly to this that he didnt use any "methods" , lead by the spirit, Paul tells us, he decide to know and teach nothing, except Christ crucified...WHY ARENT YOU LISTENING TO THE GREATEST APOSTLE?
anonmous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2014

Judged:

AMEN!! EBC is nothing more then a great business.
James wrote:
I can guarantee every reader here, this is a false church. How can I be so bold to say this...I know the scriptures thats how. I know the Word of God inside and out. God specifically tells us that HE ALONE draws the human heart, in Fact God tells us, that those who do come are CHOSEN by God..LONG BEFORE THE FORMATION OF THE EARTH. Man doesnt save man. God alone saves man. There is nothing a man does that saves another man, nothing. Man can claim no credit for even ONE soul, yet we do in direct contradiction of scripture. God gave us believers ONE directive, and that wa sto give out Gods Gospel via the Word, not by human methods or fads, but by his word, because it is God who takes that word and changes the CHOSEN's heart to turn to Him. This Church thinks it is them who save people...self deceived no knowing phonies. Get out if Gods way with ypour ego and do what he has TOLD you to do...just give out the Word. Paul testified directly to this that he didnt use any "methods" , lead by the spirit, Paul tells us, he decide to know and teach nothing, except Christ crucified...WHY ARENT YOU LISTENING TO THE GREATEST APOSTLE?
False

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

Judged:

James wrote:
No one can fault your zeal, James - coming right out of the gates screaming of heresy is a bit overly aggressive, though.
In my 20+ years at Eagle Brook, I've never once heard anybody "take credit" for "saving people." Christ alone can change a human heart, Eagle Brook is grateful to be fulfilling God's purpose for the Church in being used as a tool in that process.
Judging by your comments it's clear you've never been to Eagle Brook - we'd love to have you and that way you can speak from experience rather than from assumptions.
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

Judged:

Fulfilling God's purpose should include expansion into economically oppressed area of Mpls/St. Paul. Why is it that EBC only expands into wealthy areas of wealthy suburbs? Why not rent our space in urban St. Paul? Or North Mpls.
One writer got it right--EBC is nothing more then a brilliant, lucrative business plan. I have been to EBC. fake!!!
False wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can fault your zeal, James - coming right out of the gates screaming of heresy is a bit overly aggressive, though.
In my 20+ years at Eagle Brook, I've never once heard anybody "take credit" for "saving people." Christ alone can change a human heart, Eagle Brook is grateful to be fulfilling God's purpose for the Church in being used as a tool in that process.
Judging by your comments it's clear you've never been to Eagle Brook - we'd love to have you and that way you can speak from experience rather than from assumptions.
Sorry

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
Fulfilling God's purpose should include expansion into economically oppressed area of Mpls/St. Paul. Why is it that EBC only expands into wealthy areas of wealthy suburbs? Why not rent our space in urban St. Paul? Or North Mpls.
One writer got it right--EBC is nothing more then a brilliant, lucrative business plan. I have been to EBC. fake!!!
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you feel that way. EBC has been an incredible church home for me and my family - we meet God there every single week. There is nothing fake about it. The church is slowly expanding where it feels called. Spring Lake Park and Coon Rapids can hardly be considered "wealthy suburbs." Further, EBC supports dozens of inner city programs that do a great job of reaching people. If and when EBC feels called into "economically oppressed areas of Mpls/St. Paul" I have no doubt that EBC will follow God's calling there.

You're obviously not involved at EBC, so to be frank, why do you care? If anything a member could raise concerns. With no investment in the church community you're not adding to the discussion, you're merely making noise. Take a break. Find another, more constructive hobby.
curious

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Dear Sorry,
Please list the programs, locations, and associated resources allotted to each program EBC has been called to serve. Thank you.
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you feel that way. EBC has been an incredible church home for me and my family - we meet God there every single week. There is nothing fake about it. The church is slowly expanding where it feels called. Spring Lake Park and Coon Rapids can hardly be considered "wealthy suburbs." Further, EBC supports dozens of inner city programs that do a great job of reaching people. If and when EBC feels called into "economically oppressed areas of Mpls/St. Paul" I have no doubt that EBC will follow God's calling there.
You're obviously not involved at EBC, so to be frank, why do you care? If anything a member could raise concerns. With no investment in the church community you're not adding to the discussion, you're merely making noise. Take a break. Find another, more constructive hobby.
Sorry-too

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

My heart breaks for those who sit among us each week that are not free to live an honest life and openly love who God has called them to love. I thought EBC was better then that.
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
waitwhat

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Anonymous wrote:
The administration are members of EBC...
So........cronyism????
Former Eaglebrooker

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours reflects the typical attitude of EBC and other "big box" churches. Smiling on the outside but condemning on the inside.If only we could all be more like Kingdom People and love on another, even if they don`t attend "our" church.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

Well said- thank you.
Former Eaglebrooker wrote:
<quoted text>Yours reflects the typical attitude of EBC and other "big box" churches. Smiling on the outside but condemning on the inside.If only we could all be more like Kingdom People and love on another, even if they don`t attend "our" church.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

Judged:

WHAT'S THAT, SORRY?
SILENCE? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.

Dear Sorry,
Please list the programs, locations, and associated resources allotted to each program EBC has been called to serve. Thank you.
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lino Lakes Discussions

Search the Lino Lakes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Randi Nicole Blaido Jul 23 bubbles0o0o 3
Review: Pazazz Bodywork Jul 19 Leanne 1
Nine arrested in prostitution sting to appear i... (Jul '11) Jul 17 Smaug Undesolated 8
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Jul 8 St Pauls Church 12
George's on Plato, aka Awada's on Plato, failed... (Jun '08) Jun 30 Karmah 20
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Review: Retail Fueling Solutions LLC Jun '14 Bob Graff 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lino Lakes Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lino Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE