Sarah

Vancouver, WA

#21 Dec 30, 2013
I starts at18:48
Sarah

Vancouver, WA

#22 Dec 30, 2013
Sarah wrote:
If you want to hear what the EBC teaches on being gay plz hear it from them at.. http://eaglebrookchurch.com/media-resources/w...
It starts at 18:48
David

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Jan 7, 2014
sadly disappointed wrote:
I just started attending ebc... I have been to the last 5 sundays and today I was offended... I wanted to get up after on the fly and leave... but I stayed cuz I came for the mesaage. I have been waiting 2 weeks. As most ebc goers today was the first service held in coon rapids which is exciting... but as a new attendee and a lesbian I was truly offended during the lil jingle about coon rapids chick filet add on... I understand they just opened one up there... but ebc just advertised for a chain that promotes hate... I was sick to my stomach ... I wanted to cry... I was dumb founded... I go to church to be closer to god... to worship him... but what does this say about ebc. Just dont understand why they would even mention chick filet. Blah not even sure I will continue attending.
Ms. Sadly Disappointed - as a long time member of EBC I'm sorry that the mere mention of Chick-fil-a offended you to the point of being "sick to your stomach." I would proffer two things, however. First, you need to try to not read into things so much. The simple mention of a restaurant (that believe it or not does more than just "promotes hate" - they make darn good sandwiches) should not in any way communicate that EBC also "promotes hate" or hates homosexuals-it was merely part an entertaining jingle. That said, EBC has made a clear stance in the past that based on Scripture, it does view homosexual actions as sinful. The church does not view it different than any other sin--such as heterosexual sex outside of marriage--but based on several references in the Bible, EBC views homosexual actions (*important: not temptation or even identification, but only the act) as sinful. Again, it is not with celebration or glee that EBC has taken this stance, rather, it is in reverence to Scripture--the basis for all teachings at EBC--that EBC has taken that position. I hope you understand that this is not out of a position of hate, but of love. The pastors have been clear that EBC loves and welcomes all people, just like Christ. And, as a member of EBC, I would like to welcome you and hope that you continue to come. If not, I sincerely hope you find a great church home where you can worship and connect with God regularly.

Loving regards,

David
Get Serious

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Jan 7, 2014
EBC is not for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing how you feel, why on earth would you go back to any place that makes you feel this way? It's not like you had a mild reaction to EBC's message. How can the good possibly outweigh the bad in your case? There are surely other, more welcoming spiritual groups, church or activity you could participate in?
I agree with your point of view, but would encourage you to go somewhere else where you aren't the intended target of someone else's criticism and scorn. Nobody needs to sit in a church (of all places) to be on the receiving end of another person's fast-food chain sales pitch or malicius jokes at your expense. If you want that, then watch Fox News and get your fill of it.
Your life's too short to listen to the self-righteous. Let them have their church. There are too many other good options for you. It's time to move on...
Wow, "EBC is not for you" - please help yourself and watch the "fast-food chain sales pitch" and "malicious jokes" at the apparent expense of homosexuals for yourself prior to spouting off so ignorantly. Is the mention of a restaurant in a jingle really "malicious?" Mind you, there was no mention of homosexuality or even implication of any sort of sexual connotation--gay or strait. Your comment is beyond out of line... Self-righteous and judgmental, even. Interesting.
They are ALL precious

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Jan 14, 2014
EBC state the facts wrote:
...Simple statement by the leadership team is needed and is to be state[d] service after service.<quoted text>
Hey *EBC state the facts*,
Your proposal sounds like an excellent use of everyone's time. Instead of exploring our own spirituality or our relationship with God, let's encourage the church to create a minute long anti-gay segment to be repeated at every service. Maybe to go along with that, you could author the lyrics to a short, upbeat jingle/song decrying gay-ness? That old kindergarten/ sunday school song I remember from my youth might provide the tune. You know the one, c'mon sing it with me....
Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red, brown, yellow, black or white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world.
Your version doesn't sound as sweet though does it? I wonder why? Hmm...
Grace 777 Obey

Washington, DC

#26 Feb 2, 2014
EBC teaches what the bible states, that homosexual behavior is wrong. THEY DO WELCOME ALL AND THEY ARE STRONGLY AGAINST ANYONE BULLYING PEOPLE WHO PRACTICE HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIORS. Gay bashers remember the 2 most important commandments Jesus left for us. Give grace because thats the only reason any of us our saved. Note i said they are against the behavior of homosexuality EBC understands that some people have an attraction to the same sex, when acted on is when its the behavior. They aren't gay bashers but they follow the word of the Bible. They answer the question multiple times on there series of text in a question.
Grace 777 Obey

Washington, DC

#27 Feb 2, 2014
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Sadly Disappointed - as a long time member of EBC I'm sorry that the mere mention of Chick-fil-a offended you to the point of being "sick to your stomach." I would proffer two things, however. First, you need to try to not read into things so much. The simple mention of a restaurant (that believe it or not does more than just "promotes hate" - they make darn good sandwiches) should not in any way communicate that EBC also "promotes hate" or hates homosexuals-it was merely part an entertaining jingle. That said, EBC has made a clear stance in the past that based on Scripture, it does view homosexual actions as sinful. The church does not view it different than any other sin--such as heterosexual sex outside of marriage--but based on several references in the Bible, EBC views homosexual actions (*important: not temptation or even identification, but only the act) as sinful. Again, it is not with celebration or glee that EBC has taken this stance, rather, it is in reverence to Scripture--the basis for all teachings at EBC--that EBC has taken that position. I hope you understand that this is not out of a position of hate, but of love. The pastors have been clear that EBC loves and welcomes all people, just like Christ. And, as a member of EBC, I would like to welcome you and hope that you continue to come. If not, I sincerely hope you find a great church home where you can worship and connect with God regularly.
Loving regards,
David
Oops didn't read Davids post. Nicely put. I would only add they were excited about chick fil-a because they take Sunday off for the Sabbath which promotes the day of rest the Lord wanted for us. Last note: it would be false teaching if they subtracted or added to the Bible. Sorry you and others were hurt but if you (anyone) discredits some of the bible it descredits all of the bible.
James

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Feb 6, 2014
EBC is a cooperation more so than a Church. So, that being said, they would, of course promote other businesses like Chick-fillet, particularly when they likely give a lot of money to EBC. It`s just business. Don't be offended. You would have to go to an actual church, not a campus, to hear about God in a real and relevant way.
Get Serious

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Feb 6, 2014
James wrote:
EBC is a cooperation more so than a Church. So, that being said, they would, of course promote other businesses like Chick-fillet, particularly when they likely give a lot of money to EBC. It`s just business. Don't be offended. You would have to go to an actual church, not a campus, to hear about God in a real and relevant way.
Hilarious, James. I'm sure EBC wished it received money from Chick-fil-a, unfortunately that's not the case.

On another note, I wasn't aware that EBC was not an "actual church." Please enlighten me, James, on what characteristics are necessary for a place of worship to be considered an "actual church." It seems as though an "actual church" cannot call any of its buildings "campuses," but what else do you have? FYI, the "church" in the Bible is not defined as a building or location but as the body of Christian believers--so in referring to an individual "campus" EBC is merely describing the physical locations where "Church" meets-- i.e., where the "body of believers" meets for worship. All of the "campuses" fall under the broad umbrella of the "Church." If you're still hung up on the "campus" thing, however, the "C' in "EBC" stands for "Church," just in case you weren't aware of that.
Aja

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Feb 9, 2014
Thank you to the person who shared the video. I respect and appreciate how Pastor Bob denounced the bulling of same sex couples. however I will not be attending this church. Pastor Bob and Eagle Brook have a very different belief regarding LGBT ppl compared to me. As There are other churches that truly welcome LGBT and their "behavior".
Matt

Minneapolis, MN

#31 Feb 13, 2014
As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid", so let's celebrate it instead. On second thought, I'll sit this one out. Sorry James.
Salute

Chaska, MN

#32 Feb 21, 2014
I think that we should have all learned to do the goose step and really learn to hate others for ther own personal wants, beliefs, or needs in life. You people who preach the bible for your own psycho babble should be ashamed of yourselves. So much for the constitution of this country and life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!!

Zeik Heil!!!
Catholic

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Feb 27, 2014
I'm Catholic but curious about Eagle Brook as a number of friends go there. Since the topic of this thread is homosexuality, it appears that people do not know the difference between an ACT and a person.

It appears that Eagle Brook affirms what the RCC also affirms: we are to treat gay people with respect and compassion. However, the homosexual ACT closes sex to purely selfish pleasure and closes the gift of life that sex is intended for. Thus, the ACT itself is sinful.

There is a difference between an ACT and a PERSON!
Kelly

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Mar 3, 2014
If EBC was a real church, you would wonder why they only build "campuses" in rich mainly white neighborhoods? Why not poor needy areas like North Minneapolis or East St Paul? Perhaps they would not make enough money to run their business? Hmmm... makes you wonder if what some people say might be right about that place. Just sayin.
Rich white neighborhoods

Minneapolis, MN

#35 Mar 3, 2014
Kelly wrote:
If EBC was a real church, you would wonder why they only build "campuses" in rich mainly white neighborhoods? Why not poor needy areas like North Minneapolis or East St Paul? Perhaps they would not make enough money to run their business? Hmmm... makes you wonder if what some people say might be right about that place. Just sayin.
Yes, Coon Rapids and Spring Lake Park are well known for their high level of wealth, good point. Even if you were correct, I suppose "rich, white" people don't need to hear the gospel, Kelly? I also suppose that group of "rich white" people wouldn't dream of helping the poor and those in need in their communities, would they? Do your research: http://ebcmicahproject.com/getinvolved/
Anonymous

Saint Cloud, MN

#37 Mar 4, 2014
Poor Coon Rapids High School
David

Minneapolis, MN

#38 Mar 7, 2014
Yeah, Spring Lake Park and Coon Rapids are so ghetto.
Anonymous

Saint Cloud, MN

#39 Mar 19, 2014
Schools have to sacrifice so much when churches are brought in.
Sandy

Minneapolis, MN

#40 Mar 22, 2014
Why is EBC even allowed to be in a public School like Coon Rapids or Woodbury anyway? Isn`t that a violation of church and state? The superintendents must be members or golfing buddies.
Be Grateful Not Hateful

Minneapolis, MN

#41 Mar 22, 2014
Sandy wrote:
Why is EBC even allowed to be in a public School like Coon Rapids or Woodbury anyway? Isn`t that a violation of church and state? The superintendents must be members or golfing buddies.
Or ... Eagle Brook pays thousands of dollars a month in rent, has donated $100,000+ worth of audio/video equipment and vehicles to each school district and is a great tenant. That's just another possibility, Sandy - but you're right, the "golfing buddies" scenario is more realistic. Also, the Supreme Court has on various occasions upheld such use, most recently in the Good News Club v. Milford Central School, 533 U.S.(2001). Read-up, educate yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 men arrested in burglary at Obama Elementary ... (Aug '10) Jul '17 Well Well 38
New restaurant office Bristol Mar '17 Hairless food plz 3
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) May '16 Daniel 73
News DNA Evidence Links Inmate To 2000 Rape (Feb '06) Feb '16 TOASTER 6
MOLD in the Lino Lakes maintenance building for... (Oct '15) Oct '15 molly1212 1

Lino Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lino Lakes Mortgages