United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

sr pastor will not denounce the act of homosexuality, this church claims to be a follower of Jesus - then state the facts as the bible represents it. Do not try to be all things to all, follow the scripture.
David

Hugo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

the Bible wrote:
sr pastor will not denounce the act of homosexuality, this church claims to be a follower of Jesus - then state the facts as the bible represents it. Do not try to be all things to all, follow the scripture.
- I'm not sure where you're getting your information, friend. I've attended Eagle Brook Church for over 20 years, and the senior pastor you're referring to has given a number of messages on homosexuality. His stance is absolutely Biblical and he DOES denounce the act. You're flat out mistaken. Never has he or any other pastor at Eagle Brook failed to denounce the act of homosexuality. They've made it clear that homosexual actions are sinful, just like any other sin. Please get your facts strait before making such ridiculous, uninformed, pontifications. I hope you have the character to correct yourself.
GaysGoToChurchTo o

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

David. Why are you so proud thinking Eagle Brook denounces homosexuals?! My partner and I (yes we are gay) have attended every Saturday the past 3 weeks in Lino Lakes. Did you know you might actually be sitting beside a couple of lesbians who are there only to worship and love God? Not once have I heard Pastor Bob not another pastor denounce homosexuality.
David wrote:
<quoted text>
- I'm not sure where you're getting your information, friend. I've attended Eagle Brook Church for over 20 years, and the senior pastor you're referring to has given a number of messages on homosexuality. His stance is absolutely Biblical and he DOES denounce the act. You're flat out mistaken. Never has he or any other pastor at Eagle Brook failed to denounce the act of homosexuality. They've made it clear that homosexual actions are sinful, just like any other sin. Please get your facts strait before making such ridiculous, uninformed, pontifications. I hope you have the character to correct yourself.
lets hear it from staff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

David wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to STICK to the bible and state the facts about &^%$*!@ and the sin it is .....waiting ?
GaysGoToHellToo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

that is what you have to look forward too.
GaysGoToChurchToo wrote:
David. Why are you so proud thinking Eagle Brook denounces homosexuals?! My partner and I (yes we are gay) have attended every Saturday the past 3 weeks in Lino Lakes. Did you know you might actually be sitting beside a couple of lesbians who are there only to worship and love God? Not once have I heard Pastor Bob not another pastor denounce homosexuality.
<quoted text>
Hypocracy and Judgement

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Two reasons I don't attend church.
I like Eagle Brook

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

I'm straight, my wife is bi and we go to Eagle Brook. In fact, not that long ago we had a threesome that started on Saturday night, lasted until 7 Sunday morning, and we were all three in church by 9. Good times, good church.
great news this weekend

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

I like Eagle Brook wrote:
I'm straight, my wife is bi and we go to Eagle Brook. In fact, not that long ago we had a threesome that started on Saturday night, lasted until 7 Sunday morning, and we were all three in church by 9. Good times, good church.
Great message on Sunday @ Eagle Brook - Pastor Bob received a huge cheer when he restated the FACT - gay marriage is a BAD thing and that the Bible is where Eagle Brook is following ! Listen to it on line there will be 16,000 strong !
WWW-Satans Powerful Tool

Pequot Lakes, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

And here we go again...another way for the public to perceive the Christian church from a skewed perspective. The World Wide Web at it again. People looking in, do not use this information to judge the book by it's cover. Open the book, attend an Eagle Brook service just one time and hear the truth, feel the love, and come to understand the what the Bible says for yourself. I promise you will not be let down. This church teaches straight from Bible and nothing else. If you can't make it to one of the campuses to attend a service, find a church that does strictly teach right from the Bible. Last but not least, and this is how I attend, watch the messages posted on their website - a great way to hear Gods word if you live 3 hours away like I do. My brother and I listen to these on hunting and fishing trips. Again, i tell you with every bit of passion contained in me, you will not be let down. One word for this church, Awesome!

Since: Jun 13

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

David wrote:
<quoted text>
- I'm not sure where you're getting your information, friend. I've attended Eagle Brook Church for over 20 years, and the senior pastor you're referring to has given a number of messages on homosexuality. His stance is absolutely Biblical and he DOES denounce the act. You're flat out mistaken. Never has he or any other pastor at Eagle Brook failed to denounce the act of homosexuality. They've made it clear that
homosexual actions are sinful, just like any other sin. Please get your facts strait before making such ridiculous, uninformed, pontifications. I hope you have the character to correct yourself.
I agree with you 110%
Ben

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Actually, I worked at Eagle Brook for two years and I can tell you that there are a number of gay and transgender people that are on staff. Hop off the gay thing people. Eagle Brook is very gay friendly and when my gay friends decide to get married in August, I know Pastor Don will do the service.
Liars are Losers

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Ben wrote:
Actually, I worked at Eagle Brook for two years and I can tell you that there are a number of gay and transgender people that are on staff. Hop off the gay thing people. Eagle Brook is very gay friendly and when my gay friends decide to get married in August, I know Pastor Don will do the service.
i don't go to ebc , but I know others who do and have listened on line myself and there is no way that ebc approves of the homosexual act in any way . Just as the Bible doesn't approve of it .
kelli

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

THIS IS RODICULOUS. SOME CHURCHES DONT LIKE GAY, AND SOME DO. SAME WOTH THE WHOLE WORLD. NOT EVERYONE LIKES EVERYTHING. THATS WHY THERES MANY PEOPLE TO MEET, CHURCHES TO ATTEND AND THINGS TO LEARN NOT EVERYONES THE SAME AND OF YOU DONT CLICK, MOVE ON. DAMN IT
Trent

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Liars are Losers wrote:
<quoted text>i don't go to ebc , but I know others who do and have listened on line myself and there is no way that ebc approves of the homosexual act in any way . Just as the Bible doesn't approve of it .
If you haven`t been there then how can you comment on this? I went to EBC for six years and I can tell you it`s true what Ben says. God loves all people, even homosexuals. I`m thankful for a church like EBC that supports the gay/lesbian lifestyle. I even heard pastor Bob once say during a service that " we love homosexuals here at Eagle brook." Just attend for any length of time and you will see.
Adam and Eve

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Trent wrote:
<quoted text> If you haven`t been there then how can you comment on this? I went to EBC for six years and I can tell you it`s true what Ben says. God loves all people, even homosexuals. I`m thankful for a church like EBC that supports the gay/lesbian lifestyle. I even heard pastor Bob once say during a service that " we love homosexuals here at Eagle brook." Just attend for any length of time and you will see.
remember EBC, that God created Adam and Eve, not adam steve, stick to the Bible and we will have a solid Christian church. The liberal left can go and marry their horse, but the good news is that the pastors @ EBC do NOT have to perform a liberal sick marriage. Great loop hole in a sick law,
Stella

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Don't forget to bring your wallet to EB. That's what they are there for.
sadly disappointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

I just started attending ebc... I have been to the last 5 sundays and today I was offended... I wanted to get up after on the fly and leave... but I stayed cuz I came for the mesaage. I have been waiting 2 weeks. As most ebc goers today was the first service held in coon rapids which is exciting. .. but as a new attendee and a lesbian I was truly offended during the lil jingle about coon rapids chick filet add on... I understand they just opened one up there... but ebc just advertised for a chain that promotes hate... I was sick to my stomach ... I wanted to cry... I was dumb founded... I go to church to be closer to god... to worship him... but what does this say about ebc. Just dont understand why they would even mention chick filet. Blah not even sure I will continue attending.
EBC is not for you

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="but as a new attendee and a lesbian I was truly offended during the lil jingle about coon rapids chick filet add on... I understand they just opened one up there... but ebc just advertised for a chain that promotes hate... I was sick to my stomach ... I wanted to cry... I was dumb founded... I go to church to be closer to god... to worship him... but what does this say about ebc. Just dont understand why they would even mention chick filet. Blah not even sure I will continue attending.[/QUOTE]
Knowing how you feel, why on earth would you go back to any place that makes you feel this way? It's not like you had a mild reaction to EBC's message. How can the good possibly outweigh the bad in your case? There are surely other, more welcoming spiritual groups, church or activity you could participate in?
I agree with your point of view, but would encourage you to go somewhere else where you aren't the intended target of someone else's criticism and scorn. Nobody needs to sit in a church (of all places) to be on the receiving end of another person's fast-food chain sales pitch or malicius jokes at your expense. If you want that, then watch Fox News and get your fill of it.
Your life's too short to listen to the self-righteous. Let them have their church. There are too many other good options for you. It's time to move on...
EBC state the facts

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

EBC needs to state the FACTS, gay lifestyle is WRONG ! Simple statement by the leadership team is needed and is to be states service after service.

Good for Chick filet - don't be told anything, by a sick minority.
EBC is not for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing how you feel, why on earth would you go back to any place that makes you feel this way? It's not like you had a mild reaction to EBC's message. How can the good possibly outweigh the bad in your case? There are surely other, more welcoming spiritual groups, church or activity you could participate in?
I agree with your point of view, but would encourage you to go somewhere else where you aren't the intended target of someone else's criticism and scorn. Nobody needs to sit in a church (of all places) to be on the receiving end of another person's fast-food chain sales pitch or malicius jokes at your expense. If you want that, then watch Fox News and get your fill of it.
Your life's too short to listen to the self-righteous. Let them have their church. There are too many other good options for you. It's time to move on...
Sarah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

If you want to hear what the EBC teaches on being gay plz hear it from them at.. http://eaglebrookchurch.com/media-resources/w...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of79
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lino Lakes Discussions

Search the Lino Lakes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Randi Nicole Blaido 12 hr Someone who cares 2
Review: Pazazz Bodywork Jul 19 Leanne 1
Nine arrested in prostitution sting to appear i... (Jul '11) Jul 17 Smaug Undesolated 8
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Jul 8 St Pauls Church 12
George's on Plato, aka Awada's on Plato, failed... (Jun '08) Jun 30 Karmah 20
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Review: Retail Fueling Solutions LLC Jun '14 Bob Graff 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lino Lakes Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lino Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE