Official in Minn suburb wants English...

Official in Minn suburb wants English-only measure

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 23, 2010, titled Official in Minn suburb wants English-only measure. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A city official in one Twin Cities suburb wants an English-only declaration that he says will save on city printing costs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Lino Lakes Taxpayer

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jun 23, 2010
Thank goodness, finally a councilmember with some guts. We should not have to pay for a translator for non-English speaking people. People wanting to live in the good ol U S of A need to speak English. That's a lot of wasteful spending. Go Councilmember Roeser.
curious cate

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jun 23, 2010
This is the USA. Our official language is English. It is time - we need to stop spending so people don't have to learn English to live in our English speaking country. Thank you Councilmember Roeser.
Sgt Tackleberry

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2010
Way to go Mr Roeser. It is about time someone with a backbone spoke up for the majority. If only we had more like you we would have less divisiveness. Diversity is the opposite of unity. I dont care what you speak at home but speak english in public. Your either 100% American or not at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 men arrested in burglary at Obama Elementary ... (Aug '10) Feb 19 Dreco 36
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Feb 18 Margo 124
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Nov '16 citizen for a bet... 2
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
Hot water (Jul '16) Jul '16 Shygrrl88 1
Trying to decide where in Blaine to live (Jun '16) Jun '16 Fancyuniqueuser1 1
News Court suspends Vadnais Heights lawyer's license (Apr '10) Jun '16 Bar None 11

Lino Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lino Lakes Mortgages