'Good Morning America' to air story o...

'Good Morning America' to air story on Toyota crash that killed...

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 19, 2010, titled 'Good Morning America' to air story on Toyota crash that killed.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Family members involved in the deadly St. Paul crash involving a Toyota Camry are scheduled to appear Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America," their attorney said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike from St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 20, 2010
If Koua Fong Lee is exonerated because of this-I think he has been through sheer hell! Lets hope he will be freed. Also, Toyota should give him a new Toyota Camry of his choice! Why would he drive up a ramp and accelerate to 90 mph anyway?
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 20, 2010
I hate to think of a guy rotting in prison because of this. If the jury knew then what they know now, he probably wouldn't have been convicted.
smitty

Denver, CO

#3 Feb 20, 2010
there is a huge difference between a 1996 Camry and the newer Camrys with "drive by wire" electronic controlled throttles. The cable and spring system on a 1996 Camry is completely reliable. There are questions about the electronic systems.

I suspect an aftermarlet floor mat jamming the throttle on the 1996 model. I experienced this in a 1994 Lexus ES300. I simply reached down and pulled the mat off the gas pedal.

Turning off the key will stop ANY car with a key ignition. Period. Learn to drive.

The push button start electronic throttle cars are a different story.
A lady in St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 22, 2010
I certainly hope that Bridget Trice's family and all others involved get justice! I don't know what I would do if I lost a child in a car accident.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#5 Feb 22, 2010
A lady in St Paul wrote:
I certainly hope that Bridget Trice's family and all others involved get justice! I don't know what I would do if I lost a child in a car accident.
What is getting justice? Is there no such thing as an accident?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#6 Feb 22, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
1) What is getting justice?

2) Is there no such thing as an accident?
1) Individual justice occurs when someone sues for damages. When a criminal violates the state by breaking a state law, the state seeks justice by criminally prosecuting them.

2) No, not really, just varying degrees of negligence.
jack

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Feb 22, 2010
smitty wrote:
there is a huge difference between a 1996 Camry and the newer Camrys with "drive by wire" electronic controlled throttles. The cable and spring system on a 1996 Camry is completely reliable. There are questions about the electronic systems.
I suspect an aftermarlet floor mat jamming the throttle on the 1996 model. I experienced this in a 1994 Lexus ES300. I simply reached down and pulled the mat off the gas pedal.
Turning off the key will stop ANY car with a key ignition. Period. Learn to drive.
You are a moron. "Learn to drive?" Are you serious. How dare you judge someone's actions in a completely unpredictable situation. Why don't you go home and watch more Fox News so you can continue being a corporate apologist?
Use the Cranial More

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 22, 2010
smitty wrote:
Yes moron you are truly a genius and a hero......NOT!

Think of it this way....when you are in a car being pushed to 90 mph
most folks will PANIC and worry or in this case have seconds to even
try 10 things on your idiotic list to avoid tragic.

This guy tried his brakes first and it didn't work period.

Think with your brain and not your mouth next time buddy!
Judy from St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Feb 22, 2010
Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
I hate to think of a guy rotting in prison because of this. If the jury knew then what they know now, he probably wouldn't have been convicted.
Sometimes things get swept under the rug as something else and to never
get any attention again until the truth comes out.

I don't pretend to know what the truth is in this case but I do understand
justice needs to look and re-look at stories like this involving a bigger
player(Toyota itself).

Whatever happens tragedy has already occurred, folks just want to find out
what the real cause is and if others need to be wary of it themselves if
it means a big lawsuit.

Good luck folks!

United States of America

#10 Feb 22, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Individual justice occurs when someone sues for damages. When a criminal violates the state by breaking a state law, the state seeks justice by criminally prosecuting them.
2) No, not really, just varying degrees of negligence.
Spoken like an attourney.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#11 Feb 22, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Spoken like an attourney.
Ah, the truth has to be spoken by an attorney now days?
A lady in St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Feb 23, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
<quoted text> What is getting justice? Is there no such thing as an accident?
Ok... Justice in this case is Toyota paying for all expenses and punitive damages if the driver's car was malfunctioning. You do know about the recall of Toyota Camry right? Also, an innocent man has been in prison for something he could not avoid - if the Camry was actually malfunctioning.

A friend of mine lost her daughter in this terrible accident. A man going to prison, while maintaining his innocence does not bring justice. It's merely a band-aid. Toyota has some explaining to do!
hehehehe

Australia

#13 Feb 23, 2010
good morning

United States of America

#14 Feb 23, 2010
A lady in St Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... Justice in this case is Toyota paying for all expenses and punitive damages if the driver's car was malfunctioning. You do know about the recall of Toyota Camry right? Also, an innocent man has been in prison for something he could not avoid - if the Camry was actually malfunctioning.
A friend of mine lost her daughter in this terrible accident. A man going to prison, while maintaining his innocence does not bring justice. It's merely a band-aid. Toyota has some explaining to do!
What I was getting at was, I don't think justice was served with the driver getting 8 years. Even if he pushed on the accelerator by mistake, he didn't mean to kill anyone. Drunk drivers killing people get far less time. Was it because he was from another country, therefore not as important as someone born here?
Magister_Militus

Wausau, WI

#15 Feb 23, 2010
Fong Lee's attorney just said on national television that police conveniently "lost" his car's airbag black box data when the police attempted to download it.

Is losing data or evidence an option when police know the information may be ex-culpatory in nature and useful in order to exonerate a person?
Better Way

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Feb 23, 2010
This guy may have intended to commit suicide, possible YES.

A floormat may have caused it and remember the California fatal wreck the driver was a state trooper and he didn't figure out how to stop the Lexus ending in his death an 3 others dead.

When faced with a broken car all bets are off and everyone acts differently not necessarly smartly.

This driver is from a forign country and MAY have been new to driving.

Remember the recent event in Florida where 3 teenage girls stood on a railroad bridge while a train ran them over. They could have jumped into the stream below the bridge OR jumped to another bridge right along side the one the were standing on. They did neither and were all killed.

Also remember the woman from India who in Stillwater stood on the gas driving the rental car into the St. Croix drowning a number of vehicle occupants.

BTW the solution to a stuck accellerator is to shict the transmission (gear selector) into neutral then stear the car to the side of the road and then turn off the ignotion.

IF you do as some have suggested and turn off the ignition you will loose the ability to steer the car as the steering column MAY lock up and or sure you will loose power steering and power brakes.

To understand what your specific car will do I suggest you drive it on a large unoccupied area and while driving the car turn off the ignition and see what you loose.

Then do the same thing but shift into neutral and see how your specific car reacts.

Is good to exercise your car in these different scenarios, especially if it's a Toyota.

In any case these are good exercises to perform.

Monkey Drove It

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Feb 23, 2010
Better Way wrote:
This guy may have intended to commit suicide, possible YES.
A floormat may have caused it and remember the California fatal wreck the driver was a state trooper and he didn't figure out how to stop the Lexus ending in his death an 3 others dead.
When faced with a broken car all bets are off and everyone acts differently not necessarly smartly.
This driver is from a forign country and MAY have been new to driving.
Remember the recent event in Florida where 3 teenage girls stood on a railroad bridge while a train ran them over. They could have jumped into the stream below the bridge OR jumped to another bridge right along side the one the were standing on. They did neither and were all killed.
Also remember the woman from India who in Stillwater stood on the gas driving the rental car into the St. Croix drowning a number of vehicle occupants.
BTW the solution to a stuck accellerator is to shict the transmission (gear selector) into neutral then stear the car to the side of the road and then turn off the ignotion.
IF you do as some have suggested and turn off the ignition you will loose the ability to steer the car as the steering column MAY lock up and or sure you will loose power steering and power brakes.
To understand what your specific car will do I suggest you drive it on a large unoccupied area and while driving the car turn off the ignition and see what you loose.
Then do the same thing but shift into neutral and see how your specific car reacts.
Is good to exercise your car in these different scenarios, especially if it's a Toyota.
In any case these are good exercises to perform.
So you are saying a MONKEY drove these cars?

Immigrants are not MONKEYS but humans and and if your THEORY
is right there should be thousands of accident daily from this
immigrants since it is their fault for being a dumb MONKEY.

Whey are Russians, Chinese, & Koreans in our Space program?
They are MONKEYS right?

Use your brains all humans know what they are or can't do and
it does not involve being an immigrant with language barrier!

Another poor excuse from somebody who forgot where they and their
family originally came from.
FreePea

Cumming, GA

#18 Feb 25, 2010
Who's the moron? It is the responsibility of society to judge someone's actions in all situations. Virtually every accident is, by definition, an "unpredictable situation". Even the faults in the Toyotas were unpredicted...later discovered and possibly covered up...but unpredictable none-the-less. Toyota's alleged cover up was also "unpredictable" and now we will judge them (I with my dollars). The author merely pointed out that 1. The acceleration system in the '96 year model is not related to the current recall system and 2. There are several alternatives to virtually every situation...the least preferable being to slam into another car...the ignition is one possibility (as observed)...steering into an alternate target is another...

It looks like the family on the receiving end of the crash is going after the money in this case (greed heals all wounds).

I also find it humorous that you call someone a "moron" for judging others when calling someone a "moron" is inherently a judgment itself...so are you then a moron?

Just a question.
Im Right

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Feb 25, 2010
Really?

You are a rocket scientist and
will live forever because you've
found the right answer to every
question even death!

Quack Quack

Ducks are not in a row this dude!

I heard psychotic killers have two
different train of thoughts also.
davvy and gumby

United States

#20 Feb 25, 2010
problem with the toyota guy is hes a legal citizen buisness owner. had he been an illegal and killed a few people hed be free tommarow it wouldnt even be on television, the politicians dont want you to know how many citizens are being killed by their neglegence to protect its citizens aka refusing to deal with illegals/ enforcing the constitution.

I will never buy another american made automobile until the democrat party folds ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just curious...what can Hugo do better? (May '16) Nov 30 citizen for a bet... 2
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Oct '16 Aabir 122
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Sep '16 due diligence che... 17
Hot water Jul '16 Shygrrl88 1
Trying to decide where in Blaine to live Jun '16 Fancyuniqueuser1 1
News Court suspends Vadnais Heights lawyer's license (Apr '10) Jun '16 Bar None 11
News Sex offender to be released again: Antonio Mata... (Jul '08) Jun '16 Hes not a monster 3

Lino Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lino Lakes Mortgages