Hugo / Woman is critical after U.S. 61 crash

A 74-year-old Oak Park Heights woman is in critical condition after the vehicle driven by her husband was broadsided Sunday on U.S. 61 in Hugo, according to the Minnesota State Patrol. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Conservative Conviction

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 14, 2011
Why was a 15 year old driving? I can't help but wonder if his complete lack of experience prevented him from reacting properly.

Since: Apr 10

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Because he probably has his permit, and needs to practice driving before going for his license. I agree, his lack of experience could have prevented him from reacting properly. Or it could be the age of the other driver that pulled out into traffic without looking both ways.

The only people that know are the ones involved so I don't want to point fingers at either vehicle.
laughing at you

Stillwater, MN

#3 Mar 14, 2011
Conservative Conviction wrote:
Why was a 15 year old driving? I can't help but wonder if his complete lack of experience prevented him from reacting properly.
The same reason my 15 yr old would be driving and the same reason I was driving at 15, it's called a learners permit. Don't you think the kid feels bad enough?? Accidents happen, that's why they're called accidents. Prayers to all involved.
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaLiANO

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 14, 2011
Ya know, maybe SOMEONE needs to change the friggen laws and NOT let kids drive until 21. When their FRONTAL LOBE DEVELOPS. Then they will have better judgement and realize consequences and can FORESEE outcomes of radical driving.
Elroy blues

Hudson, WI

#5 Mar 14, 2011
wait a minute, the kid had the right of way, granpa pulled out in front of him, whats the kid supposed to do at55 mph, maybe granpa should have been retested to see if he should have been still on the road, duhhhh.
UMM

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 14, 2011
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaLiANO wrote:
Ya know, maybe SOMEONE needs to change the friggen laws and NOT let kids drive until 21. When their FRONTAL LOBE DEVELOPS. Then they will have better judgement and realize consequences and can FORESEE outcomes of radical driving.
Or maybe we need to stop letting people over 70 drive. Sounds to me like they pulled out in front of the kid.
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaLiANO

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 14, 2011
UMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe we need to stop letting people over 70 drive. Sounds to me like they pulled out in front of the kid.
True True~~
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaLiANO

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 14, 2011
An experienced driver at the wheel, may have had an entirely different outcome. 15 years old?? Paaaaalease~~Practice in a friggen parking lot~~Same goes with the elderly~~They are dangerous too. Cant save the world~~
SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA
Elroy blues

United States

#9 Mar 15, 2011
An experienced driver at the wheel, may have had an entirely different outcome. 15 years old?? Paaaaalease~~Practice in a friggen parking lot~~Same goes with the elderly~~They are dangerous too. Cant save the world~~
SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA
I guess the key word here is may have, you weren’t there, so quit speculating and blaming this kid. where the hell did you learn to drive, at a carnival driving bumper cars, the 74 year old man pulled directly into his path. failure to yield, do you get, thats how accidents happen, gawd,
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Mar 15, 2011
Let's see what kind of driving YOU do when you're doing the speed limit on a highway and someone pulls out right in front of YOU.

I once was witness to an accident where a driver made a turn only a few feet away from an oncoming car. The most BRILLIANT of drivers could not have possibly avoided a car pulling out RIGHT IN FRONT of them.

Unless the 15 year old can be found to have been at fault in some way, the fault was the driver of the car that pulled out in front of him. And that elderly driver should be checked to make sure he is still capable of driving safely.
not a fine wineo

United States

#11 Mar 15, 2011
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see what kind of driving YOU do when you're doing the speed limit on a highway and someone pulls out right in front of YOU.
I once was witness to an accident where a driver made a turn only a few feet away from an oncoming car. The most BRILLIANT of drivers could not have possibly avoided a car pulling out RIGHT IN FRONT of them.
Unless the 15 year old can be found to have been at fault in some way, the fault was the driver of the car that pulled out in front of him. And that elderly driver should be checked to make sure he is still capable of driving safely.
so know your repeating what everybody else is saying on this post, lazy democrat.
Gerald P Kochendorfer

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Mar 15, 2011
What is happening in Wis, with the teachers is all wrong. what they should be doing is.Give teachers more. the way I see it is that they the government is taking are future, that is the kids. The Gov. and the courts want to see people oneducated, It is big buisnes.If they give less to the jails,prisons ext, And more to the educators and schools.In The long term the future of our country would prevail.And maybe we would not need as many jails,prisons ext. And A couple of things they should teach are kid.like every other year is.Drugs,Guns,Abuse of all sorts. Kids can interact with each other better if we the adults give them the tools.I just wonder why the gov,does things half - - - Backwards these are people that went to college and they have no clue to the every day person that go to work to make this country.are forfathers worked very hard for us .and the gov. is wrecking every thing.I am not antigov. just wish they would pull there head out of there .
scott walker elect

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2011
Gerald P Kochendorfer wrote:
What is happening in Wis, with the teachers is all wrong. what they should be doing is.Give teachers more. the way I see it is that they the government is taking are future, that is the kids. The Gov. and the courts want to see people oneducated, It is big buisnes.If they give less to the jails,prisons ext, And more to the educators and schools.In The long term the future of our country would prevail.And maybe we would not need as many jails,prisons ext. And A couple of things they should teach are kid.like every other year is.Drugs,Guns,Abuse of all sorts. Kids can interact with each other better if we the adults give them the tools.I just wonder why the gov,does things half --- Backwards these are people that went to college and they have no clue to the every day person that go to work to make this country.are forfathers worked very hard for us .and the gov. is wrecking every thing.I am not antigov. just wish they would pull there head out of there .
Hey dumb a-s, wrong thread this is about a car accident, another clurless democrat, geez
Gerald P Kochendorfer

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Mar 15, 2011
hey walker elect keep walking you call names give your real name chicken whats wrong here is you have an asshole that hides in his house. step up too the plate. say somthing intelegent. probly cant unless you read it out of a book.no commen sensedo ya.lol dumb ass. and I can comment on what ever I feel like. cause thatis who I am.I will step up to the plate home run every time.ha ha ha
Why dont you

Plymouth, MN

#15 Mar 15, 2011
scott walker elect wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dumb a-s, wrong thread this is about a car accident, another clurless democrat, geez
He attended a public school.. He cannot help it.
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaLiANO

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Mar 15, 2011
Elroy blues wrote:
<quoted text> I guess the key word here is may have, you weren’t there, so quit speculating and blaming this kid. where the hell did you learn to drive, at a carnival driving bumper cars, the 74 year old man pulled directly into his path. failure to yield, do you get, thats how accidents happen, gawd,
HOW ONE REACTS TO AN ACTION?? WHEN YOU ARE 15, ITS OUT THE WINDOW. I LIVED IN WHITE BEAR RIGHT OFF 61 ALL MY LIFE. WE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T PRACTICE DRIVING ON HWY 61 AT 15 YRS OLD~~
black betty

United States

#17 Mar 15, 2011
<quoted text> HOW ONE REACTS TO AN ACTION?? WHEN YOU ARE 15, ITS OUT THE WINDOW. I LIVED IN WHITE BEAR RIGHT OFF 61 ALL MY LIFE. WE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T PRACTICE DRIVING ON HWY 61 AT 15 YRS OLD~~
wel that explains you ignorance, by the way your cap lock button is on.
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaLiANO

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Mar 16, 2011
black betty wrote:
<quoted text> wel that explains you ignorance, by the way your cap lock button is on.
BLACK BETTY U ARE INTELLIGENT YOU MUST RIDE DA BUS
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Mar 17, 2011
not a fine wineo wrote:
<quoted text>so know your repeating what everybody else is saying on this post, lazy democrat.
I think your wine has soured. Better get rid of it before you get sick.
black betty

Wilson, WI

#22 Mar 17, 2011
<quoted text>
BLACK BETTY U ARE INTELLIGENT YOU MUST RIDE DA BUS
So you’re not only ignorant, you’re racist, go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lino Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randi Nicole Blaido (Jul '14) Jan 19 knowledgableperson 102
noel attaway lmao Jan 10 cupids messanger 1
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Jan 5 Sunday services 99
Man charged with five felonies (Oct '07) Dec '14 24 to 36 jail time 68
Review: Silverwood Apartments (Dec '12) Dec '14 NO Dont Do IT 2
Mills Fleet Farm (Jul '07) Dec '14 jim in duluth 15
Ramsey County home values rising, and so are th... Dec '14 doomsayer 1
Lino Lakes Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lino Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out