Wilma Smith

It's a career she loves and it shows! Cleveland born and raised, Wilma Smith is truly one of "Cleveland's Own!" She anchors Fox 8 News at Six. Full Story
First Prev
of 29
Next Last
David from Maple Heights

Cleveland, OH

#1 Nov 5, 2009
Dear Wilma:

Did the U. S. Senate pass the bill which will extend the unemployment benefits for thousands of those who recently exhausted their benefits during the past two months?

If they did not pass this bill yet, when are they finally going to get something completed and passed, instead of bickering and sitting on this issue, and causing a lot of problems, hardships, and frustration for those who recently ran out of benefits?

Many people depend on these benefit extensions for their livelihood and sanity, because there are so few jobs available whose wages pay enough to cover the cost of most people's housing, food, and utilities. These unemployment benefits will continue to be a life line for millions of unemployed people, until enough quality jobs can be created that will sufficiently pay workers to cover their cost of living in a respectable, dignified, and descent way.

The Senate and House of Representatives should be concentrating fully and primarily on establishing a new paradigm of discussion on creating new innovative ways to bring millions back to work in a dignified manner that would also benefit our nation and this world. It is outlandish and ridiculous that this type of discussion is not considered as "THE" most important issue in dealing with our economic recovery and assisting those under the duress of poverty and unemployment.

Why aren't these discussions brought to the forefront of newscasts, meetings, and public speeches each week?

Where is the unrelenting pressure that any news organization, newspaper, or civic group is placing on our elected officials and representatives to discuss and create sustained employment for those desperately struggling now? Out of all the brilliant bright minds in our country, there certainly must be somebody that has some illumined, innovative, and practical ideas about creating sustainable jobs that would pay enough for the unemployed to live with dignity.

Is it possible that the 15 to 20 million people out of work is not a significant enough critical mass to persuade or move others who are presently employed to act with compassion and responsibility toward those less fortunate and struggling?

What will it take to move enough people's hearts to stand up and protest to our elected representatives about their "half-baked" efforts and disregard and disrespect for those who are truly in need now?
This is my "editorial". Your prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

David
Maple Heights
Kathy Pipe

Mesa, AZ

#17 Jan 5, 2010
Bring back Tappy Phillips and Marge Banks. Oh, and what's her name that Gary Dee used to beat the crapp out of - Liz Richards!!! and DOROTHY (r.i.p)

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#20 Jan 6, 2010
I mean, Nancy Grace is condescending. Ann Coulter is condescending.
Shelia

Cleveland, OH

#22 Jan 6, 2010
Sharmayla wrote:
I mean, Nancy Grace is condescending. Ann Coulter is condescending.
I believe they are what I'd call honest!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#24 Jan 6, 2010
Yea, I guess you either love them or hate them. I might not like Ann, but I do think she's beautiful. And Nancy is EXTREMELY disrespectful and rude.
Shelia wrote:
<quoted text>I believe they are what I'd call honest!
DaVitte Nesbitt Jr

United States

#30 Jan 15, 2010
I enjoy looking at wilma smith on tv and I have kept up with her on the new seen from the time I was a teen I have see her on tv 5 when Dorothy {I can't spell her last name } and I don't want to get it wrong........but' my best to her and also tv-8 for having souch a loving person and a great news caster. Rev. Dr. Da'Vitte Nesbitt Jr, Cleveland Ohio.
slammer

Akron, OH

#31 Jan 15, 2010
She looked pretty good today

“Black Velvet & Tea Roses”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#32 Jan 19, 2010
go wilma

Since: Dec 09

United States

#33 Jan 19, 2010
slammer wrote:
She looked pretty good today
Must not have high definition
Lilj

Cleveland, OH

#34 Jan 23, 2010
She's clearly not in her prime anymore, but I still think she's sexy
slammer

Akron, OH

#35 Jan 24, 2010
Lilj wrote:
She's clearly not in her prime anymore, but I still think she's sexy
I agree- she looks good for her age (60+).

Since: Dec 09

Phoenix, AZ

#41 Feb 3, 2010
This woman makes a habit of subtly putting her peers in their place, talking over them, getting the last word in.
Lilj

Kent, OH

#45 Feb 4, 2010
Rick in FLA wrote:
she looks imbalmded
WTF is "imbalmded"? Never heard of that adjective before. Retard
LOL

Cleveland, OH

#46 Feb 4, 2010
shes a wonderful person...get a life you idiots
thedivynemsm

AOL

#47 Feb 4, 2010
LOL wrote:
shes a wonderful person...get a life you idiots
We all are entitled to our opinions....And maybe you ought to get " a life" .. as you put it... Being you're on here reading & posting like the rest of us. Idiot!

“Clearwater, Fl ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#48 Feb 4, 2010
Lilj wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is "imbalmded"? Never heard of that adjective before. Retard
....lil"J"....you must have a 6th grade education?

....so,i will try and explain in SMALL words what happens when you DIE....you are "EMBALMED"....see below for the definition:

EMBALMED:"to treat a corpse with preservatives in order to prevent decay"

...now for your 6th grade mind,that means they drain your blood and replace it with formaldehyde when you die.

BTW,mr 6 th grade,a corpse is another "grown up" word for a dead body......
Barbara Starr

Cleveland, OH

#50 Feb 14, 2010
Wilma-you spoke at a function honoring Girl Scout Gold awardees. Please help us in our plea to make Girl Scouts of Northeast Ohio (and everywhere) to keep the Outdoors in Girl Scouting. Please do not close camps especially the camp in Richfield Camp Crowell/Hilaka www.friendsofcrowellhilaka.org We need help-we need to try to get the word out that the Girls need the Outdoors!
nycguy10465

Cleveland, OH

#51 Feb 15, 2010
Hi, where can I find the story you had about malware/virus from facebook. I came in on the end of it. Sorry but I'm not that familiar with this website.
thanks,
dave
margiemac

Independence, OH

#52 Feb 26, 2010
i know a good hairstylist.....get rid of that same old boring hairdo....

“Clearwater, Fl ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#53 Feb 26, 2010
Wilma needs a face stylist !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linndale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Anita 19,287
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory 4 hr Shaun Street rules 40
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr NRA_RWNJ 31,513
Historic Victory for Voting Rights in Ohio 11 hr Dont be Dopey 38
Motorcyclist warns 'watch out, dude' before Cle... Sep 29 HoodRat 1
Coffee Quiz Fox 8 News In The Morning Scott Sabol (May '10) Sep 26 jamie koenig 18
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
Linndale Dating
Find my Match

Linndale Jobs

Linndale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Linndale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Linndale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]