Millard trial set for Dec. 12

Full story: News Tribune

Reid Millard's trial on a statutory sodomy charge will be held Dec. 12 in Jefferson City.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of357
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
holly

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

was this trial ever brought to court if so what happen?
TOM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THIS TRIAL ?
Peter

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2007

What has happened to our justice system? This individual has commited a crime on a child, who put his trust in this "adult". Has Mr. Millard with all his connections bought his way out of this? His professional license should be pulled from him, however, his niece holds a license to operate his business. He also owns a funeral home in Troy, Missouri. Perhaps the good people of Missouri should engage another funeral home, and boycot his establishments and hurt him where it counts. Arrest this guy, lock him up with some "real" men and let the guys behind bars take this matter into their hands.
Peter

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2007

What has become of the justice system in our country? This poor excuse of a human being took advantage of a child, who looked up to him. Has he bought his way out of this? The state of Missouri should cancel his license to practice as a funeral diretor, and close his doors until the trial is over. I understand his niece runs a funeral home for him in Troy, Missouri. The good people of Missouri should engage other funeral homes in the community where Mr. Millard runs his business. Hit him where it hurts. The state needs to through this bum in jail and through the key away. Let the boys in prision deal with him.
Peter

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2007

holly wrote:
was this trial ever brought to court if so what happen?
I think this guy has bought his way out of this trial. He owns funeral homes in Jefferson City, and Troy, Missouri, also owns racing cars. This guy even buried the governor of the state. He needs to be brought to justice. I don't care how much money he has, he took advantage of a child. Perhaps more people need to start asking more questions, and perhaps the court system will take some action.
annoyed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

What ever happened to inoccent until proven guilty? Do you personally know this guy? How can you say that he did this without knowing all the details? I do not believe that people should harm children in any way - I have 3 of my own - however, because of the amount of money he has, could this be a family just wanting a "little" piece of the pie? From what I have read, they were only sueing for $25,000 - if it was my child - there would be no amount of money that would make it right and I sure would have gone for more that 25K
I personally know Mr. Millard and have since I was a child. I just think before you snap to a judgement on someone, you should know all the facts - the sad thing is that today's press will only give you their "sensored" version.
annoyed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Here are comments from the local paper in Jefferson City from March 2007

I can say that I did this based on the victim signing an affidavit stating he doesn't wish to go forward with this case, said Richardson, whose office was prepared for a three-day trial next week.

I also made this decision based on my review of evidentiary issues involving this case.
concerned

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Judged:

I can't tell you how many good things this man has done for the city and I wonder if you should look at this the other way ....I heard rumor of Reid being set-up for financial gain. I hope neither is true because in each case someone got hurt and I don't think there is enough money in world to buy yourself out a lawsuit of this statis with a child.
Angry

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

Unless you live in the city, you are not aware of the truth. The father of this young man was very upset when he was told, by his son, that he was gay. The father is a businss owner and well known in the city, He was angry and decided to bury his own shame and make Mr. Millard pay. The charges were dropped by the plantiff because the evidence was NOT there. Mr. Millard is a wonderful person who helps many in this community and others. So unless you know the real story, I think you should stop talking about boycotts, etc. Things are NOT always as they seem.
Moreau Skinny Dipper

Fredericktown, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Yes, and a friend of mine, who should know, says that the "boy" in question hangs out or at least used to at Spectator's on the Blvd, and I understand may have bragged about the situation. Is Spectators taking over from Wel-Cum-Inn as the gay hangout in Jeff? Sounds like it.
Inside Information

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

The young man in question worked part time for an attorney and was bragging that if you sue somebody rich, you can make alot of money. Millard was a target being wealthy. Mo court officials would never brush this under a rug. When the time cam the kids story could not hold water, sad part, Millards name get the scar.
Moreau Skinny Dipper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

I agree, but Millard took awful risks with parties at his apple farm, etc.
APPLE CREEK MO

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2007

THE PARTIES THAT OCCURED AT THIS FARM WERE GAY FEST'S WHEN MILLARD WAS INVOLVED, GAY OR NOT GAY, THE BOY WAS UNDERAGE!
questions

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2007

concerned wrote:
I can't tell you how many good things this man has done for the city and I wonder if you should look at this the other way ....I heard rumor of Reid being set-up for financial gain. I hope neither is true because in each case someone got hurt and I don't think there is enough money in world to buy yourself out a lawsuit of this statis with a child.
yes millard may of done some good, but have you ever been behind the sences of his funeral orginization? the over pricing is rediculous and un ful filled promises just beware
citizen of mo

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2007

FREEMAN MORTUARY IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!
Moreau Skinny Dipper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

citizen of mo wrote:
FREEMAN MORTUARY IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!
How did you mean that? There's a chuckle going around town now about the cutes sons both Freeman and Trimble have as embalmers, not to mention the two guys Millard has had on his staff (employee listing, I should say!) since their high school days. A very interesting profession, and yes, I've seen price comparisons among the fun homes, and yes, people seem to pay Millard a lot more for the same services -- I wonder why??
annoyed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

APPLE CREEK MO wrote:
THE PARTIES THAT OCCURED AT THIS FARM WERE GAY FEST'S WHEN MILLARD WAS INVOLVED, GAY OR NOT GAY, THE BOY WAS UNDERAGE!
Do you know for a fact that they were "Gay Fest" - the only way I can see you knowing that for a fact is if you were personally there. I suggest that you not speak negative of someone when you don't have all the facts. I am sure that you would not want these kind of things said about you - would you?
citizen of mo

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

the only reason why (mr. if he deserves that much respect) has any business is because he makes families feel preasured to use him, so what if he unloaded 400$ on a fair ham, does that give him the right to make it up when he over charges that family for a funeral?????? and yes freeman and dulle both have young new faces with fresh ideas
Eugene Decorator

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

I Happen to know a young man that is currently going through the process of becomeing a mortican and does a wonderful job for being the age that he is!
Eugene Decorator

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

and he is from jefferson City, there will be 3 new faces in town

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of357
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Linn Discussions

Search the Linn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 50 min layback 6,894
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 94,993
I like my General Manager Mon Nkc 1
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 7 dasie 264
Help me find a Sax Player named Billy Bob Turner (May '11) Jul 6 Guest 7
black in goose creek lake (Aug '13) Jul 6 Cousin 20
wwant to know Jun 29 guy 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Linn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000