Boy, 11, Bags Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

Full story: Newsday 53
Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#47 Jun 4, 2007
Info wrote:
http://www.lostcreekplantation .com/hunts.html
http://209.85.165.104/search?q =cache:LDymb6ef6nUJ:www.lostcr eekplantation.com/+Lost+Creek+ Plantation,+Delta,+al&hl=e n&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl= us
Thank you! It's no wonder I couldn't find it; I was using the wrong name for it.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#48 Jun 4, 2007
Info wrote:
http://www.lostcreekplantation .com/hunts.html
http://209.85.165.104/search?q =cache:LDymb6ef6nUJ:www.lostcr eekplantation.com/+Lost+Creek+ Plantation,+Delta,+al&hl=e n&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl= us
Thanks, again, for the link. Okay, I read it. It looks like a "shooting gallery" to me.
It advertises, "lots of fun." What, for the animals? It says transportation is available to take the hunter around the hunting area. What, a golf cart? I'm sorry, THIS doesn't sound like "sport" to me.
Jerry

United States

#49 Jun 12, 2007
It's interesting to see how the liberals whine about just about everything.
sear

Sugar Land, TX

#50 Jun 13, 2007
RockmanForte wrote:
That's sickening. Poor wild hog! This little guy is learn to kill ? Stupid parents to teach something like that. Guns are evil...pure evil. I am disappointing in his parents!!!!
There is nothing stupid about parents who teach their children to use guns. It's not like the hog is going to waste.
And I'm just going to assume since you believe guns are "evil...pure evil" that you despise the police and our military men and women who are fighting for your freedom and mine.
sear

Sugar Land, TX

#51 Jun 13, 2007
B L Biddle wrote:
Bravo. Teaching children the importance of gun safety and usage is VERY important. More guns less crime...FACT.
Somehow it is okay to teach elementary school kids condom use....it is okay to have sex with someone of your own gender and kill any baby before it is born...but GUNS..OMG!...stop the presses.
Each of my 3 daughters were given a gun at the age of 10. Taught firearms safety...the Constituional basis for Firearm ownership...that a gun IS NOT A TOY and not for playtime and if the time ever comes when a would be attacker tries to beat, rape or kill them...don't call 911...put a cap in their ass!
I own an earned PHD...so you save your insults of gun usage and ownership as being stupid, to be found somewhere in the domain of the uneducated for another time and place.
<quoted text>
I completely agree with you.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#52 Jun 13, 2007
sear wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing stupid about parents who teach their children to use guns. It's not like the hog is going to waste.
And I'm just going to assume since you believe guns are "evil...pure evil" that you despise the police and our military men and women who are fighting for your freedom and mine.
I had to put a John Phillip Sousa patriotic march record on, before reading your lunatic rant. This pimple-faced, chubby, pipsqueak of a kid, shot this animal with a pistol, then tracked it three miles just to watch it die. The hog DID go to waste, though; there was very little meat that was edible.
It was a "canned hunt," buddy! There was NO "sport" involved. There was NO expertise involved. It was like going to bed with Heidi Fleiss, and thinking to yourself, "boy, I got lucky." It was a SURE THING!!!
There are "gun nuts," and then there are just "nuts." You, my friend, fall into the latter category!
John

United States

#53 Jun 13, 2007
Hey, my wife is from Toms River, NJ. Ive been there alot, just ignore this guy. Everyone there is just a liberal idiot that likes to run their mouth but they never back anything up. The US would be better if New Jersey would just float off into the Atlantic. Tom's River is an embarrassment to our country.
John

United States

#54 Jun 13, 2007
Maybe we should let the kid go hunt people in Jersey. The pig was not edible and neither are people in Jersey, but atleast killing people from Jersey makes the world a little bit better.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#55 Jun 13, 2007
John wrote:
Hey, my wife is from Toms River, NJ. Ive been there alot, just ignore this guy. Everyone there is just a liberal idiot that likes to run their mouth but they never back anything up. The US would be better if New Jersey would just float off into the Atlantic. Tom's River is an embarrassment to our country.
"The U.S. would be better if New Jersey would just float off into the Atlantic."

Yes, it would, in fact.

"Toms River is an embarrassment to our country."

It surely is.

Anything else, "John?"

Give my regards to your wife, "John." If she, in fact, IS from Toms River, New Jersey, then she MUST be a lovely woman!
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#56 Jun 13, 2007
John wrote:
Maybe we should let the kid go hunt people in Jersey. The pig was not edible and neither are people in Jersey, but atleast killing people from Jersey makes the world a little bit better.
Yes, "John," WHATEVER you say, "John." Are you quite finished, now, "John?"
Don

Auburn Hills, MI

#57 Jun 13, 2007
Hay Guys its out that the hog was not will but a neighbors hog that they raised from a baby pig and it got out of the pin and the kid killed it. end of story.
Nancy_NY

United States

#58 Jun 15, 2007
Thanks Matt, for writing such a well thought out commentary on the cruelty and terror this poor animal suffered during the 3+hour chase for which it had no means of escape.
Every time I think about that photo in the newspaper I feel sickened by the knowledge that humans are capable of such barbaric and senseless acts of violence. To applaud this boy as some type of hero is yet another travesty.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#59 Jun 15, 2007
Nancy_NY wrote:
Thanks Matt, for writing such a well thought out commentary on the cruelty and terror this poor animal suffered during the 3+hour chase for which it had no means of escape.
Every time I think about that photo in the newspaper I feel sickened by the knowledge that humans are capable of such barbaric and senseless acts of violence. To applaud this boy as some type of hero is yet another travesty.
We humans have a lot of maturing to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany shelton Nov 18 An old friend 1
ReVonda Bowen Story (May '06) Nov 7 There-in-1994 24
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct '14 iamangttia 89
Ashland Police Chief Shooting Sep '14 LeroyBucfelter 1
Debate: Marijuana - Oxford, AL (Sep '10) Sep '14 JohnJ 21
Mikala Turley Aug '14 Wants to know 1
A mayor, not a monarch (Sep '08) Jul '14 John Doe 6

Lineville News Video

Lineville Dating
Find my Match

Lineville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lineville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lineville

Personal Finance