Boy, 11, Bags Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

Boy, 11, Bags Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

There are 53 comments on the Newsday story from May 25, 2007, titled Boy, 11, Bags Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'. In it, Newsday reports that:

Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
professor

Red Bank, NJ

#1 May 26, 2007
Interesting that the hunter and tree behind him are in focus, but the behemoth hog is not.
Buster Shag

Aurora, CO

#2 May 26, 2007
Jack Daniels does that sometimes !
Specialk389

United States

#3 May 26, 2007
It is a sad comment that it was killed for little if any reason other than "sport". If the animals were as well-armed as "the hunters", it would be a better story.
discouraged

Peyton, CO

#4 May 26, 2007
To bad more kids are not trained to hunt and use guns the proper way. Seems folks that know how to use guns, and are raised with guns don't do CRIMES...
congrats. to this kid...
seamonkey

Rochester, NY

#5 May 26, 2007
Sorry, but this is not cool, nor is it anyting for this young man to be pround of. What HORRIBLE values to teach a young boy! How is it the least bit "heroic" or "sporting" to teach your children to kill an innocent, sentient animal with a gun, for no good reason. This boy is another violent, ignorant, uneducated bully in the making -- what a pity. His parents should be ashamed of themselves. I agree with you, specialk389.
Jerry

United States

#6 May 26, 2007
Good thing they are making sausage out of him. Anything else would probably be too tough.
tine

United States

#7 May 26, 2007
i can't believe that this kid would kill such a big animal i don't think that is was right for the kid to kill it for the sport!

[email protected]

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#8 May 26, 2007
I have no problem with hunting, but these "preserves" with GUIDES simply provide various animals very available to catch a bullet for the paying member's. There is no real "hunt" involved. Just like a fishing boat; they WILL take you to your catch, and make sure you "bag" what you are looking for. I speak from experience; been there - done that.

[email protected]

Location hidden

#9 May 26, 2007
I gotta add though that this was a big 'ole boar, which makes me think that it was indeed set up for this kid to "bag" him - GREAT publicity for the "preserve" owner's. IMHO.
RockmanForte

Pawtucket, RI

#10 May 26, 2007
That's sickening. Poor wild hog! This little guy is learn to kill ? Stupid parents to teach something like that. Guns are evil...pure evil. I am disappointing in his parents!!!!
David

United States

#11 May 26, 2007
Good going, Jamison !

This is not a bully in the making, just a good shot.

And, by the way, the animal is not being wasted or killed just for sport if it yields 500 - 700 lbs of sausage.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#12 May 26, 2007
seamonkey wrote:
Sorry, but this is not cool, nor is it anyting for this young man to be pround of. What HORRIBLE values to teach a young boy! How is it the least bit "heroic" or "sporting" to teach your children to kill an innocent, sentient animal with a gun, for no good reason. This boy is another violent, ignorant, uneducated bully in the making -- what a pity. His parents should be ashamed of themselves. I agree with you, specialk389.
Actually seamoron, I'm ashamed of you. The hog will not be wasted, it will be consumed. If it were shot and left to rot you would have something to crow about.
I suppose you would prefer the kid wrestle a 1000lb.+ hog? I'd say the kid was at a disadvantage even with the handgun. These hogs are mean and a milk-toast like you would have pooped your pants at the sight of such a beast and probably ran away and left your kids for hog food...that's the values you and your ilk are all about...pathetic.
Richard

Wellston, OH

#13 May 26, 2007
If you feel sorry for those wild hogs why don't you go up to one of them and give them a great big hug. Say hi for me.
LARRY HOYLE

United States

#15 May 26, 2007
IT IS A SHAME THAT HE DID NOT USE ENOUGH GUN TO KILL IT WITH ONE SHOT. IT HAD TO SUFFER FOR SO LONG SHOT WITH AN INADEQUATE FIREARM SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE DYING. I AM HAPPY FOR THE YOUNG BOY OTHERWISE.
p75hh39j

Auburn Hills, MI

#16 May 26, 2007
I'm impressed this 11 year old kid could get off three shots with a 50 caliber pistol.
p75hh39j

Auburn Hills, MI

#17 May 26, 2007
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Actually seamoron, I'm ashamed of you. The hog will not be wasted, it will be consumed. If it were shot and left to rot you would have something to crow about.
I suppose you would prefer the kid wrestle a 1000lb.+ hog? I'd say the kid was at a disadvantage even with the handgun. These hogs are mean and a milk-toast like you would have pooped your pants at the sight of such a beast and probably ran away and left your kids for hog food...that's the values you and your ilk are all about...pathetic.
No kidding.1050 lb wild boar with 5" tusks.You'd have to be uneducated to consider this an innocent animal.Sausage bacon and ham are the best use for him.
-Unknown-

United States

#18 May 26, 2007
I think believe that everyone else should just keep their mouths shut. It’s shameful that people are putting him down for killing a wild animal. How is he a bully in the making for hunting? If that was true then almost all of our grandparents great grandparents and so on were bullies to. It’s the food chain the only reason we aren’t on the lower part of it is because we are able to adapt and improve our technology if not we would be the hunted and not the hunted. If the animals had guns to then they would have the advantage. Think about it a 1051 pound wild boar vs. a 11-year-old boy . Lets think people who has the advantage the wild boar of course he has the speed and the weight advantage along with the brute force all us humans have is our technology. all im trying to say is that if you don't like it that he killed a wild animal then you should go out and pet a cougar or a black bear
DJHeadley

United States

#19 May 26, 2007
I agree that the young man is to be congratulated. Hunting, even on a preserve, is not easy and hitting anything with a handgun is hard. I do agree that pure sport hunting is bad as is pure sport fishing.
BTW, I fish all the time, both keep and catch and release and appreciate good sportsmen. Also, I hope to go deer hunting, for the first time, this fall. I am 51 years old.
juliday

Auburn Hills, MI

#22 May 26, 2007
Poor Babe...

Indianapolis, IN

#23 May 27, 2007
This was a sadistic, weak excuse for a hunt. I have nothing against responsible hunting, and agree that responsible "thinning of the herd" can save overpopulations (from winter starvation, for example). Here in Ohio, the deer population explodes every year. And every year, properly trained hunters take about 200,000 deer. And guess what? It's a good thing for both the hunters and the overall deer population. But what transpired here was a hunting travesty. A kid, accompanied by fully armed adults who do nothing, goes on a three-hour shooting spree against a terrified animal. The three heavily armed adults could have ended the animal's suffering immediately. But noooo, these ignorant yahoos had to egg the kid on so he could slowly finish the job with inferior marksmanship. This had the effect of extending the animal's terror and misery for hours. And because of the atrocious non-action of the accompanying, supposedly responsible, adults, this kid now believes that what he did was a GOOD thing. This so-called "hunt" was an abomination that no truly responsible hunter would applaud. What happened to "one shot, one kill"? Slapping this miniature redneck-in-training on the back and saying "well done, boy" is the mark of a gun-totin' backwoods hick. People who applaud this barbaric display of animal cruelty are perpetuating the stereotype of Southerners being slow-witted, gun-toting inbreds. I can practically hear "Dueling Banjoes" playing in the background. Learn to hunt responsibly, you "Billy Beer" swilling morons. And quit teaching your children that being cruel to animals in the name of "sport" is OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coley Haynes Oct '16 WannAKnow 1
new highway Aug '16 carol williams 1
News Hobson City: A town in peril, a history worth s... (May '09) Jul '16 Sabanholic 9
Kkk leader Jul '16 Abcdef 1
Donna Haynes Duncan (May '15) May '16 Butch 3
News Group blasts Oxford ordinance aimed at Target's... (Apr '16) May '16 Jacob 2
News Alabama city passes transgender bathroom ordinance (Apr '16) Apr '16 TerriB1 1

Lineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lineville Mortgages