11Alive.com | Dude, What? - Boy Bags ...

11Alive.com | Dude, What? - Boy Bags Hog Bigger Than Hogzilla

There are 35 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from May 25, 2007, titled 11Alive.com | Dude, What? - Boy Bags Hog Bigger Than Hogzilla. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Augusy '16”

Since: Dec 06

‘

#21 May 27, 2007
Hogzilla Lives wrote:
<quoted text> Your pathetic and a fool for caring what happens to a HOGZILLA. It will feed more people than you ever could with your veggie burger rainbow fella.
At least he can eay his veggie burger with a free conscience...
besides being like a prasite and feeding off an animal who was hunted and cruelly treated so greedy people could eat it... Primitive.

I would rather eat stale bread than stoop to this myself in this level

“Augusy '16”

‘

#22 May 27, 2007
error in last post>

''I would rather eat stale bread than stoop to this level''

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#23 May 27, 2007
It is inconceivable that such a network of intricate machinery should be in existence for the sole purpose of carrying on the physical functions incidental to growth and maintenance of the physical body. Is it not likely that the same system, which gives billions of brain cells the media for communication one with another, provides, also the means of communication with other intangible forces?

“Augusy '16”

‘

#24 May 27, 2007
The Big Time wrote:
It is inconceivable that such a network of intricate machinery should be in existence for the sole purpose of carrying on the physical functions incidental to growth and maintenance of the physical body. Is it not likely that the same system, which gives billions of brain cells the media for communication one with another, provides, also the means of communication with other intangible forces?
It is also inconceivable that human beings at this stage along the evolutionary scale should be chasing wild animals and killing them for the purpose of maintenance of the physical body and that they are not otherwise occupied ... using their braincells to better themselves mentally.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#25 May 27, 2007
This was a sadistic, weak excuse for a hunt. I have nothing against responsible hunting, and agree that responsible "thinning of the herd" can save overpopulations (from winter starvation, for example). Here in Ohio, the deer population explodes every year. And every year, properly trained hunters take about 200,000 deer. And guess what? It's a good thing for both the hunters and the overall deer population. But what transpired here was a hunting travesty. A kid, accompanied by fully armed adults who do nothing, goes on a three-hour shooting spree against a terrified animal. The three heavily armed adults could have ended the animal's suffering immediately. But noooo, these ignorant yahoos had to egg the kid on so he could slowly finish the job with inferior marksmanship. This had the effect of extending the animal's terror and misery for hours. And because of the atrocious non-action of the accompanying, supposedly responsible, adults, this kid now believes that what he did was a GOOD thing. This so-called "hunt" was an abomination that no truly responsible hunter would applaud. What happened to "one shot, one kill"? Slapping this miniature redneck-in-training on the back and saying "well done, boy" is the mark of a gun-totin' backwoods hick. People who applaud this barbaric display of animal cruelty are perpetuating the stereotype of Southerners being slow-witted, gun-toting inbreds. I can practically hear "Dueling Banjoes" playing in the background. Learn to hunt responsibly, you "Billy Beer" swilling morons. And quit teaching your children that being cruel to animals in the name of "sport" is OK.
err

Cumming, GA

#27 May 28, 2007
I think if this is going to get such good attention so should Vick and his dog killing friends. Its all the same to me..just 2 different animals a dog and a pig.. no difference to me...
younghunter

Jones Mill, AR

#30 May 30, 2007
Everyone should feel horrible for talking this boy down. I dont agree with people killing for spport but I was raised hunting and I am thankful for every game animal I have taken. You people who are talking about that "poor" pig are crazy, obiously they have never been hog hunting and relized how tuff these animals are. If it took eight shots than so be it. I couldnt imagin staring down a 1000 pound plus hog full of furry and live to tell the tell. As long as he eats it Im fine with it. My praise goes to my fellow hunter Jamison and all of the ethnical hunters left in the world.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Forest Park, GA

#32 May 30, 2007
younghunter wrote:
As long as he eats it Im fine with it..
Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

these are not for eating,

unearthed its remains would seem imply that it's trophy hunting
younghunter

United States

#33 May 30, 2007
I never said that hogzilla was hunted for meat. Hogzilla was shot for sport and that is wrong. Im talking about Hogzilla 2 and he is going to be eaten, not burried like the first hogzilla. Get your facts straight.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Forest Park, GA

#34 May 30, 2007
it's still a canned hunt by the same folks as the first one,

i doubt they have changed

BUTT

now that the state is on to them it might so don't cry about it....

and show the facts that state he will be eaten

Andress said officials also will review whether the hunt complied with the state's "fair chase" law, which requires that prey at hunting plantations have a reasonable chance of escape.

Eddy Borden, the owner of the spread where the hunt occurred, declined comment on how the hog got into the 150-acre fenced-in area where it was killed last month by Jamison Stone of Pickensville.

“Our Grand daughter”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#35 May 30, 2007
Wonder what the hog had been fed, Miracle Grow?
younghunter

AOL

#36 May 31, 2007
a canned hunt? that hog had 150 acres to roam. even if it was fenced he had plenty of room to get away. why is everyone trying to trash this kid? its despicible.
younghunter

AOL

#37 May 31, 2007
Alright mrs. Grace why dont you stick to a blog in your own country

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

United States

#38 May 31, 2007
younghunter wrote:
Alright mrs. Grace why dont you stick to a blog in your own country
nice open minded response there canned boy,

wait till the cards are laid out on this wildlife park and see if some jail time comes down the pike....
Janitor

United States

#39 Jun 3, 2007
younghunter wrote:
a canned hunt? that hog had 150 acres to roam. even if it was fenced he had plenty of room to get away. why is everyone trying to trash this kid? its despicible.
What is despicible is calling that hunting. So what if the pig had plenty of room to run in. It was raised as a pet and had no idea the hunters were a danger, most likely. Not to mention the fact that the animal was probably wounded on the first shot and suffered for hours with additional wounds added to it as it ran for it's life.

If you're going to kill something, even in such a disgusting display, do it fast and put the poor thing out of it's misery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new highway Aug 11 carol williams 1
News Hobson City: A town in peril, a history worth s... (May '09) Jul '16 Sabanholic 9
Kkk leader Jul '16 Abcdef 1
Donna Haynes Duncan (May '15) May '16 Butch 3
News Group blasts Oxford ordinance aimed at Target's... May '16 Jacob 2
News Alabama city passes transgender bathroom ordinance Apr '16 TerriB1 1
News Court records: 3 men stopped by Oxford police w... Apr '16 tomin cali 1

Lineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lineville Mortgages