11Alive.com | Dude, What? - Boy Bags Hog Bigger Than Hogzilla

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Im From Alabama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

I'm from Alabama so please don't think all from Alabama are as stupid as this 11 year-old-freak. How many times would an animal this size have to be shot with a hand gun to kill it? MANY.
"it feels really good"??? These people are freaks....no different from Michael Vick who loves to watch something die.
It's not a mystery why there's so many Alabama jokes. This is pathetic and these people are fools.

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Watkinsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

How do you Know that the inventer of the Toothbrush is from Alabama.....

Cause it ain't called a Teethbrush....
err

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Thats no pig! Thats a nasty monster.. Possibly a horse

“Our Grand daughter”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Hey! I was born and raised in Alabama..and I resemble those remarks!

“Runs Like a Deere”

Watkinsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

TIMBER.......!o!
scott

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

How positively sporting!!! Wounded the thing!--To death!!!A three hour death chase that, should anything have gone wrong and anyone have been put in danger, could have been quickly and humanely ended by the high powered rifles of the guide and others who obviously drove the poor damned hog straight into the crack-shot sights of an 11 year old!!!With a pistol!!!
Is that even legal? Think about it. That revolver fires what-6 shots, right? HE HAD TIME TO RELOAD, PEOPLE. What a worthy adversary that pappy pig must have made as he took the first 6 shots and tried to look for a way out between the high powered rifle scopes as some ass yells at his kid to put a few more in him before
it managed to escape-or what in the hell ever a giant bleeding animal could possibly do. Ya might as well have stoned the damn thing. Keep up the good sportsmanship, Guys. Maybe you could put little Jamison a record setting caribou in a gated dumpster and let him happilly fire away at it. It would have to be just as challenging.

“June”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

I think this is a shame, the whole thing, really upsetting.

WHY did they have to blatantly kill this fine creature..

and the idea of an 11 year old boy posing with his pistol over his 'catch' WRONG!

and sending very negative, even dangerous messages to a lad so young..

In my opinion...

I would NEVER kill .. let alone feel proud to kill ... ANY living creature...

“Spring is here, ”

next comes summer! Yippee!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

Killing that animal, is not funny!! I would not be proud of my son or my grandson, if they ever killed an animal.

“Our Grand daughter”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

Go to bed granny!!
The adults in this story are in the wrong. No kids should witness, much less, kill animals, I am a meat eater but I can't and won't hunt or stalk for food.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Burwell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

If this boy has been killing wild animals from the age of five, then it would appear it is too late to teach him any different now. The fault lies with those who have encouraged him, his immediate family, no compassion or respect for wild creatures whatsoever.
One cannot generalise and blame the people of Alabama, it's a personal thing.
There are those in this country show a remarkable bad example when it comes to hunting and shooting to kill for sport, it's all wrong and should be made illegal.
I suggest we visit the website mentioned in the news report and voice our opinions on there, although it would more than likely only amuse rather than penetrate their thick brains.
YuP

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

“June”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

YuP wrote:
http://www.topix.net/city/pick ensville-al/2007/05/join-the-h unt-for-hogzilla#lastPost
''Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.
Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig.
"It feels really good," Jamison said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."
Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.''

The above is a extract from the news item.

Is this FUN????

Piercing a creature with several bullets or pellets letting it run in agony and terror for hours,and these excuses for human beings are being lauded for their efforts?.... for this?

What planet am I living on?

This is criminal.... but not many seem to care...

“Runs Like a Deere”

Watkinsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
''Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.
Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig.
"It feels really good," Jamison said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."
Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.''
The above is a extract from the news item.
Is this FUN????
Piercing a creature with several bullets or pellets letting it run in agony and terror for hours,and these excuses for human beings are being lauded for their efforts?.... for this?
What planet am I living on?
This is criminal.... but not many seem to care...
State legislators in Sweet Home Alabama have passed laws to curb,

Hog Rodeos also....

the so called sport of turning Fighting dogs loose on Hogs....as a spectator sport...

so When the Human animal gets involved don't be suprised at what comes out....

“Runs Like a Deere”

Watkinsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

warning it's pretty graphic

Hog Dog Fighting: Bloodsport Packaged as Family Entertainment

http://www.hsus.org/hsus_field/animal_fightin...

Out of the Shadows

Hog dog fights have historically remained just under the radar, but that is changing.

In December 2004, authorities in three states, with assistance from The HSUS, arrested the country's leading promoters of hog dog fighting, including the president and secretary of the International Catchdog Association, a South Carolina-based group suspected of organizing, certifying, and videotaping hog dog events. Earlier that same year, in February, authorities raided the Clarke County, Alabama, home of Johnny Hayes after an NBC affiliate in Mobile broadcast an undercover video of hog dog fighting on Hayes' property. Hayes was arrested on a charge of animal cruelty

Since: May 07

Tombstone, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Im From Alabama wrote:
I'm from Alabama so please don't think all from Alabama are as stupid as this 11 year-old-freak. How many times would an animal this size have to be shot with a hand gun to kill it? MANY.
"it feels really good"??? These people are freaks....no different from Michael Vick who loves to watch something die.
It's not a mystery why there's so many Alabama jokes. This is pathetic and these people are fools.
If you had the ideal conditions and the time to place the shot precisely, you would only need one shot from a 50 cal. S&W revolver to kill it. Most hunting is not done in ideal conditions. He did not wound it and go home, he stayed with the hunt untill
the animal was killed. As far as a eleven year old boy being capable of using a weapon of this caliber he does look indeed capable. I was 6 foot tall and 165 lbs at 12 years of age. He has every right to be as proud as if it were a World Record Marlin, Bass or Elk.

“June”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

The Big Time wrote:
warning it's pretty graphic
Hog Dog Fighting: Bloodsport Packaged as Family Entertainment
http://www.hsus.org/hsus_field/animal_fightin...
Out of the Shadows
Hog dog fights have historically remained just under the radar, but that is changing.
In December 2004, authorities in three states, with assistance from The HSUS, arrested the country's leading promoters of hog dog fighting, including the president and secretary of the International Catchdog Association, a South Carolina-based group suspected of organizing, certifying, and videotaping hog dog events. Earlier that same year, in February, authorities raided the Clarke County, Alabama, home of Johnny Hayes after an NBC affiliate in Mobile broadcast an undercover video of hog dog fighting on Hayes' property. Hayes was arrested on a charge of animal cruelty
I didn't look at it because I couldn't! I don't want a 3hour hangover of shadows and upset from it..

but I take your point, and indeed, isn't it all eminating from the same source..

I personally have always held that, those in authority ie teachers, preachers and in a LOT of cases,
parents never bother to speak to their young on animal behaviour, even the basics ... of how to treat them decently and honestly.. so what indeed, can be expected as they
grow!

I brought it into the rearing of my sons as they grew, they got the message early on, and that messge holds strongly with them to this day..
Like me [and that's personal choice] they don't see a need in the year of 2007 to eat animal flesh when there is such an abundance
of all sorts of foodsto choose from...

Thanks Keith:

Burwell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

The whole point is, that in a supposedly civilised society, hunting and killing animals for sport is barbaric. I don't just condemn the USA for such practices, I include the UK with their penchant for fox hunting also, a "sport" for which I have, amongst many many others, been instrumental in having banned, theoretically at least, as unfortunately it still goes on, although now officially illegal. No, there is bull fighting, some progress has been made in that direction in that the WSPA has succeeded in having it banned Barcelona at least.
Recently a little girl was killed by a Pit Bull Terrier, this tragedy resulted in many Pit Bulls being confiscated from their owners, who were breeding them for fighting, highly disgusting.
No animal should have to suffer, in any way, be it Bears for their bile, whatever, and although slow progress is being made, the WSPA do a grand job, amongst others.
Reassuring to know that Alabama are getting to grips with the issue.
Hogzilla Lives

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Im From Alabama wrote:
Your pathetic and a fool for caring what happens to a HOGZILLA. It will feed more people than you ever could with your veggie burger rainbow fella.

Burwell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Hogzilla Lives wrote:
<quoted text> Your pathetic and a fool for caring what happens to a HOGZILLA. It will feed more people than you ever could with your veggie burger rainbow fella.
Quite the contrary, all due respect to anybody who cares about unecessary suffering to any living creature.
Whereas you are the pathetic fool if only you knew it.

“Runs Like a Deere”

Watkinsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

Hogzilla Lives wrote:
<quoted text> Your pathetic and a fool for caring what happens to a HOGZILLA. It will feed more people than you ever could with your veggie burger rainbow fella.
being buried should help the tase right....?

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lineville Discussions

Search the Lineville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 11 freedom 201
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun 17 Rep 704
AL Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun 14 ThomasA 416
Debate: Marijuana - Oxford, AL (Sep '10) Apr '14 justme 19
help Apr '14 justme 1
tryingtofind Apr '14 better than that 1
Teacher arrested for drug possession Apr '14 Drugs are awful 2
•••
•••

Lineville News Video

•••
Lineville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••