Mortgage fraud in Cities on FBI radar

Mortgage fraud in Cities on FBI radar

There are 1273 comments on the Star Tribune story from Jul 21, 2007, titled Mortgage fraud in Cities on FBI radar. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

“We've seen properties we think are problematic and they turn up TJ Waconia”

Federal investigators are probing a renewed rash of potential mortgage fraud in the Twin Cities area in response to reports of a large number of unusual real estate transactions in north Minneapolis and ... via Star Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

First Prev
of 64
Next Last
kgb

Saint Paul, MN

#1296 Apr 24, 2010
Curious wrote:
Does any one know where they will be doing their time?
Duluth Federal Prison Camp, Duluth Minnesota
anon-a-mouse

Minneapolis, MN

#1297 May 13, 2010
Anyone celebrating T&J's first year behind bars?
Hmmmmm

Houston, TX

#1298 Jun 22, 2010
Three additional people have been indicted in connection with a $35 million house-flipping scheme conducted by principals at the now-defunct TJ Waconia LLC.

Gayle Deann Claus, Nathan Daniel Jesh and Stacie Marie Ott each were charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud in an indictment filed Wednesday in federal court in Minnesota.

The three held jobs in various real estate firms in the Twin Cities area between 2004 and 2007, when the fraud took place, according to the indictment.

They are accused of a variety of misdeeds, including falsifying a buyer's income on a loan application, falsifying appraisals and receiving kickbacks.
Well Then

Burnsville, MN

#1299 Jul 16, 2010
Hmmmmm wrote:
Three additional people have been indicted in connection with a $35 million house-flipping scheme conducted by principals at the now-defunct TJ Waconia LLC.
Gayle Deann Claus, Nathan Daniel Jesh and Stacie Marie Ott each were charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud in an indictment filed Wednesday in federal court in Minnesota.
The three held jobs in various real estate firms in the Twin Cities area between 2004 and 2007, when the fraud took place, according to the indictment.
They are accused of a variety of misdeeds, including falsifying a buyer's income on a loan application, falsifying appraisals and receiving kickbacks.
I'm sure these three will get off without even a slap on the wrists. After all they just did as they were told and LOOKED THE OTHER WAY!
anon-a-mouse

Saint Paul, MN

#1301 Aug 28, 2010
Any word on the outcome of the "Nathan Daniel Jesh, Gayle Deann Claus" portion of this saga???
lol

United States

#1302 Oct 22, 2010
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck. You will need to get in line after the others that have claims for 11.7 Million. They are only earning $1.50 a day in prison. Sorry to bring you the bad news.
And that money goes to phone calls to Jill and her kids, Jill is going back to him, since she is broke in Blaine living. Saw them at a football game a few weeks ago. She is as fat as ever and looks miserable. No sign of her bf, but she had her phone like always texting away. Probably to her many side toys.
haha

Minneapolis, MN

#1303 Mar 7, 2011
Jill still hasnt learned her lesson...can you believe she is working with a real estate company as a real estate agent. how can she do this? How can they let her knowing what she was involved in!
Meyham

Memphis, TN

#1304 Apr 22, 2011
She knew all along what she was doing don't let her kid you. She destroyed so many families. Well hopefully she will get the max of 5 years in sentencing she can then think about all those families she left out on the street for her greed!
She did this to her family and her friends she didn't care what a horrible person.
anon-a-mouse

Saint Paul, MN

#1305 May 12, 2011
Jill Balko - http://www.starnow.com/jillbalko
41 from Minnesota, United States
I live a soap opera!! I am divorced with 3 children, a wonderful partner and his 2 yr old daughter. I had a dance studio, that should say it all! The parents went crazy went is shut down and they want to hang me out to dry! My soon 2 be ex-hubby might go to a white collar jail based on an FBI trial in the summer and I went from being a housewife who shopped all day to now watching every penny and working for the first time in 10yrs. I have a closet FILLED with clothes and nothing to wear!! help me, my life was so boring until I became single again!!!I love life and treasure every day, im trying to learn the B word (budget) I dont like it but i guess its reality for a while. I would love to learn what to do with all these clothes, I buy them and don't really know how to put them together. Oh and I also am addicted to rhinestones. I have to stop buying bling bling clothes!! I am telling you if I could tell you all that happened in the last year, it would be a reality show!!
anon who

United States

#1306 May 16, 2011
I know for a fact that she is not with the same guy she was with when she left Tommy! She is sleeping with many others. Her new guy is her new money maker...she does real estate with. It is another family run business with Re Max!! Loved the previous comment though. I am betting when her ex gets out, those 2 will be back together......perfect couple!
anon who

United States

#1307 May 16, 2011
Just found out his name....Scott Snyder!
resident

Medina, TN

#1310 Jun 1, 2012
Looking for any info someone might have on Steve Bayko (former superintendent)
victim

Minneapolis, MN

#1311 Apr 3, 2015
Victim wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. We did check out his company and he deceived us. He was also considered a good friend and we trusted him.
That is how these scams work. Unfortunately we fell into the trap. We are not only saddened for our own situation, but also feel extremely bad for all the families and communities Jon Helgason and Tom Balko have harmed.
We are just glad that we were able to assist the FBI in stopping them from harming anyone else.
Here is hoping that the New Year brings peace in this situation to all!
Just want to let you he is out and i think back at it somehow and i think he has my sister involved has a business call vectorservicesmn but i find no assumed nome or a website if you can tell me more about him i would appreciate it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 64
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lindstrom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucklin family thanks public for support (Nov '10) Oct '16 Oliver 27
News Authorities Identify Suspect In Pine City Playg... (May '16) May '16 anarchist 2
Liam (Apr '16) Apr '16 h2a4l6e8y 1
News Indictment returned in Lindstrom murder (Aug '06) Feb '16 msgs 68
News Forest Lake deer had collars, were health threa... (Jan '12) Jan '16 MnBiker 3
Stephanie Raymond-Vorlicky (Jun '15) Nov '15 Ripped off 2
News Forest Lake residents to vote on district's lev... (May '14) Oct '15 PissInTheWind 8

Lindstrom Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lindstrom Mortgages