Richville celebrates playground opening

Richville celebrates playground opening

There are 1 comment on the Watertown Daily Times story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Richville celebrates playground opening. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

The village on Saturday will celebrate the reopening of the School Street playground, whose construction was jump-started by a win of $5,000 in an online Reader's Digest contest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

richville resident

Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 14, 2012
The Fall Festival was well attended by many local families. My only thought is that there should have been some thought put into the name of the new playground. There should have been a time for village residents to submit ideas on the name and then a vote held by the residents. The new name makes it appear that Lila Youngs is the only one who had anything to do with the playground being build. Many families voted for the contest held by Readers Digest and many people were involved not just one family. If this park was to be for all the families of Richville and all members of the community than why name it after just one person?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lindley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
catholic priests raped boys in corning ny (Jan '12) Sep 17 Corning Born 7
Horror at Double O Ranch / East Winds Sep '15 13154cms 1
Irresponsible Hobby Breeder??? What do you thi... (Jul '14) Aug '15 dogcat725 2
Eric Smith and parole 2014 (Oct '13) Aug '15 Blue123 64
News Department of Environmental Conservation lookin... (Jul '08) Aug '15 anonymous 3
News Eric Smith gets 4th try for parole next week (Jun '08) Jul '15 Canuck Person 276
News NYSP Public Record Jul '15 who cares 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lindley Mortgages