One Dies In New Jersey Apartment Complex Shooting

Full story: NBC 10 Philadelphia

Police said a 27-year-old man was shot at a New Jersey apartment complex on Wednesday morning, and they are still searching for the killer.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of149
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Judged:

I heard it was cause the one guy caught his lover in bed w another dude...is this the case
Ground zero - arborwood -

Plymouth Meeting, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

I agree w/ lil redneck. Those cops work there buts off! What would city cops be able to do diiferent? Let the State police come into that town and you can bet nothing would change. Anybody that is talking trash should make some suggestions to the police if they know how to handle the job better.
sticks and stones

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Judged:

Robbing the stash house ya'll
FatouIslam

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Judged:

Well, to all that seem to know so much about Lindenwold - it doesn't consist just of Arborwood, Coachman Manor, etc. but actually entails a large area with a number of apartment complexes. While I am not particularly fond of the Lindenwold PD, I have to admit that these officers are a lot of ground to cover and generally do a good job. The biggest troublespot has been and continues to be Arborwood, followed by Coachman Manor. The biggest problem in Arborwood is a defunct homeowner's association, non-existent property management and absentee landlords/slumlords, making it easy for anybody to "move" in. Most of these thugs don't really live there but are more or less squatters and there seems to be no control over who & how many people lives in one apartment. The Pines, which boarder Arborwood, are actually quieter although there seem to be more "undesireables" moving in lately. Nevertheless, when one enters Arborwood from Gibbsboro Road, it's Ghetto all the way until you get to The Pines. It's quite noticeable when one "leaves" Arborwood Ghetto limits - even the roadway in The Pines is less bumpy. As to Lindenwold PD, it's not a secret that the response time for Arborwood et al. is considerably longer than for other areas. If police were to respond quicker and/or beefed up their patrols in that area, it might actually help but first and foremost, landlords need to be held accountable for who lives in these apartments. Also, I am not so sure that the delay in response time is entirely due to "police lethargy" - I suspect that it might actually be a deliberate act by township officials in an effort to drive people away hence saving money on relocation costs for displaced residents once redevelopment is scheduled to begin. Well, those are my thoughts.

Since: Mar 08

camden county

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

lil red neck, you are right about officers owning property there. i am aware of a glo twp detective who owns at least two units in arborwood.
mrs nicole

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

i live in arborwood there is diffently shooting in here 2 to 3 times a week it they where just shooting in here friday i know because i was coming in from work if they doing they job why they aint lock the drug dealer up in back of the 3000 where they are always running to where they at the most come on now dont make excuses we pay are taxes to be pretected i want to see how long it takes for arborwood three to be cleaned out i see they started on 2 they do there job yes but they need to keep it coming not stop because all the want to be thugs do is move to the next building and when it safe to come back they do we do have some good cops that do they job but i seen a lot of bad in lindenwold police officers and it wasnt even called for i have a lot of law enforcers in my family and i do support it and i think we are speaking because we are feed up right is right and wrong is wrong
mrs nicole

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

let me make my last comment i feel bad for the young man who was killed and he probaly was a hard working man it sad i been there so i know how it feels i did not say he was a drug dealer i dont know him but im speaking on what i see living in arborwood and how it is not a safe place for kids and the slum lords need to lose their renter license and stop letting anybody with money move in here they dont have to worry about me renewing my lease because its to infested with roaches and crimanals that dont want to get their life together and its a shame for us hard working people it is what it is
G Coleman

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

Lindenwold is a shit hole. Those who think different need to spend a weekend there and see for yourself. Its not always the Cops fault. Everyone blames them. How about the people in the complex that let the dirt balls take over? Anyone who is an officer or knows one, knows the cops are doing the best they can. They have rules to follow. Its not like on TV or movies where the cops can just bust in and shoot and arrest everyone. Wake up people, movies are not real!!!!
Also who cares about the guy who got shot. He was a dirt bag, and they guys who shot him are also dirt bags. Dirt bags killing dirt bags! Big deal! "You live by the gun you die by the gun"
mrs nicole

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

im sorry the 3800 building
mrs nicole wrote:
i live in arborwood there is diffently shooting in here 2 to 3 times a week it they where just shooting in here friday i know because i was coming in from work if they doing they job why they aint lock the drug dealer up in back of the 3000 where they are always running to where they at the most come on now dont make excuses we pay are taxes to be pretected i want to see how long it takes for arborwood three to be cleaned out i see they started on 2 they do there job yes but they need to keep it coming not stop because all the want to be thugs do is move to the next building and when it safe to come back they do we do have some good cops that do they job but i seen a lot of bad in lindenwold police officers and it wasnt even called for i have a lot of law enforcers in my family and i do support it and i think we are speaking because we are feed up right is right and wrong is wrong
Arborgood

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

Judged:

All I see in this topic is people talking bad about the Lindenwold PD and the surrounding areas. I for one live in the Arborwood developments, I see constant police presence in the area. No matter where you go on the strip of Clementon-Gibbsboro Rd, there is always a squad car sitting around. And it's no surprise, when one cop answers a call in Arborwood, you have 4-5 cars speeding in to get to the location.

Has anyone forgot? A source of public transportation will bring the vagrants from other areas. As in the case of Lindenwold, you have Arborwood, The Pines, Scandia Apartments, Coachmen Manor and Greentree on that strip. If you did not have a public transportation within these apartments, this part of Lindenwold would be a better place to live.

Instead of people talking bad about the PD, I feel bad for the officers who have to patrol the area. There is no end in site of the crime in the area. And if the plan to raze all of the apartment complexes becomes true, guess where the so-call thugs will go? To a town near you in Camden County.

And I thought moving away from a bad part of North Philly would help. I see the same thing happening here in Arborwood, if not worst.
G Coleman

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Judged:

I totally agree. One problem being is, when people move out of the city "to get away from the ghetto" They bring it with them and it soon becomes just like where they use to live.(you can take them out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of them)
Arborgood wrote:
All I see in this topic is people talking bad about the Lindenwold PD and the surrounding areas. I for one live in the Arborwood developments, I see constant police presence in the area. No matter where you go on the strip of Clementon-Gibbsboro Rd, there is always a squad car sitting around. And it's no surprise, when one cop answers a call in Arborwood, you have 4-5 cars speeding in to get to the location.
Has anyone forgot? A source of public transportation will bring the vagrants from other areas. As in the case of Lindenwold, you have Arborwood, The Pines, Scandia Apartments, Coachmen Manor and Greentree on that strip. If you did not have a public transportation within these apartments, this part of Lindenwold would be a better place to live.
Instead of people talking bad about the PD, I feel bad for the officers who have to patrol the area. There is no end in site of the crime in the area. And if the plan to raze all of the apartment complexes becomes true, guess where the so-call thugs will go? To a town near you in Camden County.
And I thought moving away from a bad part of North Philly would help. I see the same thing happening here in Arborwood, if not worst.
TIRED OF CAMDENWOLD

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

Judged:

THAT PLACE IS A $HITHOLE!!!!!!
nobody important

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

FatouIslam wrote:
Well, to all that seem to know so much about Lindenwold - it doesn't consist just of Arborwood, Coachman Manor, etc. but actually entails a large area with a number of apartment complexes. While I am not particularly fond of the Lindenwold PD, I have to admit that these officers are a lot of ground to cover and generally do a good job. The biggest troublespot has been and continues to be Arborwood, followed by Coachman Manor. The biggest problem in Arborwood is a defunct homeowner's association, non-existent property management and absentee landlords/slumlords, making it easy for anybody to "move" in. Most of these thugs don't really live there but are more or less squatters and there seems to be no control over who & how many people lives in one apartment. The Pines, which boarder Arborwood, are actually quieter although there seem to be more "undesireables" moving in lately. Nevertheless, when one enters Arborwood from Gibbsboro Road, it's Ghetto all the way until you get to The Pines. It's quite noticeable when one "leaves" Arborwood Ghetto limits - even the roadway in The Pines is less bumpy. As to Lindenwold PD, it's not a secret that the response time for Arborwood et al. is considerably longer than for other areas. If police were to respond quicker and/or beefed up their patrols in that area, it might actually help but first and foremost, landlords need to be held accountable for who lives in these apartments. Also, I am not so sure that the delay in response time is entirely due to "police lethargy" - I suspect that it might actually be a deliberate act by township officials in an effort to drive people away hence saving money on relocation costs for displaced residents once redevelopment is scheduled to begin. Well, those are my thoughts.

So everyone is aware there is a long road to travel for Lindenwold to schedule start time for redevelopment (if at all) and you are right it seems to be a deliberate act on the part of township officials. Think about it what official in there right mind gives up over $800,000 a year(thats just from ARBORWOOD Condos)in property taxes. There most be an alter motive to what they are doing. someones pocket will get fat if the redevelopment goes through. As far as management goes. it was at one time a defunct association (three of them) and non existant management. That has changed, the new management took over January 1st and from what I can see they are fighting tooth and nail to make slumlords accountable and cleaning up the Ghetto, they play by the book and follow the rules and regulations. It took about 10+ years for this to go from arborwood to camden so it will take a bit for it to return. Also keep in mind if you read your news articles or listen to the news 95% of the time arborwood is mentioned they say "just out side the arborwood complex"... just outside is the Pines, and Coachman Manor and 4 other apartment complexes. If you keep a tally sheet folks more goes on in other complexes around Lindenwold then it does in The Arborwoods. Give them all a break.
Redneck

Stevensville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

There are a few cops in Phila that are on leave right now that can fix the problems over there in NJ....
frog ldy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

yes, if you want it you can find it in the apartments along gibbsboro RD. It's a shame, I grew up in lindenwold and to see it turn to hell in from of my face if horrable. The thing is, its the people that are making it that way. We need to get rid of the trash. If it means knocking down all the apartment, then so be it.
The police are doing what they can, so don't blame them. Blame yourself, and your neighbors for not stepping up. Stepup or shutup.
bracko bumma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

One? That's it? I can't wait until negroes discover the fixed-iron-sights that come mounted right on the gun! If they would just hold the gun up-right and use the integral sights, they could be 25 yards away and never miss.
Lazy stupid ineffectively violent negroes.
bracko bumma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

crooked wrote:
What u won't see is a police officer doing a hit of crack hidden inside a dumpster while squating in the fetal position
<quoted text>
Do you know how much $$$ video of that would be worth? Alternatively, do you know the risks to your personal health the possession of such footage? That's livin on the edge!
Do Something

Northbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

The mayor of Lindenwold needs to tear down those drug infested apartements
jason smith

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

need ifty fifties isn't in lindenwold. its on the border though. most of the problems are on the other side of lindenwold heading away from clementon
delicious

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

crooked wrote:
What u won't see is a police officer doing a hit of crack hidden inside a dumpster while squating in the fetal position
<quoted text>
wanna bet? come check out the cops over here in gloucester township.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of149
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lindenwold Discussions

Search the Lindenwold Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Genesis Healthcare Voorhees Powerback (Mar '13) Apr 17 Christina 29
Pine Hill teacher pleads guilty to child abuse ... Apr 10 PIP 1
Anyone have memories of downtown Clementon in 5... (May '07) Apr 7 Sara Hunter King 798
Review: Majestic Home Remodeling (Sep '13) Apr 2 Joe B 4
MS-13 in Lindenwold NJ (Oct '08) Mar 30 the don 20
Dr. Pradip Patel - Where is the DEA!?! (Dec '10) Mar 20 Jed 14
Cops go door to door to find suspect in Camden Mar '14 Perry Lees 1
•••
•••
•••
Lindenwold Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lindenwold Jobs