Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,041 - 7,060 of 7,859 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

New Obama campaign ad calls Romney ‘dangerous’ for women’s health

By Jonathan Easley - 09/11/12 06:31 PM ET

The Obama campaign is keeping pressure on Mitt Romney over women’s health issues in a new campaign ad.

“Mitt Romney's position on women's health, it's dangerous,” a woman says in the ad.

The narrator then says Romney and running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) would eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood,“allow employers to deny coverage for cancer screenings and birth control,” and says both have backed legislation that would outlaw abortions in cases of rape and incest.

“We can't afford to let him take away our choices, to take away basic healthcare,” the woman in the ad continues.“I don’t think that women’s health issues have faced a crises like this in decades.”

The president has a healthy lead over Romney among female voters.

The gender gap has come back into focus as some Republicans fear Rep. Todd Akin’s (R-Mo.) remark — that in a “legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down”— will reignite a Democratic line of attack from earlier in the cycle that the GOP is looking to “turn back the clock” on women’s issues.

Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown University law student who became a national figure during the debate over the administration’s contraception mandate, and Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards both spoke at last week’s Democratic National Convention.

WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony makes a mad dash out of the church-- clinging to the wife--runs home and posts at 11:30! After all, Pacific st. Is a short walk from Oll.
Lou,you and I saw that he came early to hang out in the sacristy so that he has one on one time with his fantasy man crush on the pastor.
Claiming that he wasn't present?? How ridiculous. Hiding behind the wifes' skirts--
Like the little girly-man he is.
How sick
Anthony knows you're on to him Frank. You've really got his number. Which isn't too hard since he's so obvious and predictable.
He's a real Baboon. Maybe that's what he should come as to the Masquerade Ball, the Baboon that he is. And he can wear a tool belt around his Baboon costume in case Jim has a "little job, a something to keep Anthony quiet job" for him to do. Instead of a "handyman" a "HandyBaboon".
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

How Pathetic "Itchy Watch" is. A Child in a Mans body. Pray that he is strong enough to survive the Crash that he is in for. He has exposed himself as a Protestant in every way. I wonder if Msgr Jim leaves the Catholic church, if he will follow him? Yes I would guess so, most lap dogs follow their leader. Since he doesn't follow the Pope, or the Vatican, or the Catholic Catechism's teachings, I guess he feels that he is free to accept whatever he wishes, and to be free from any Catholic doctrines or hindrance to their lifestyle.
Venerable Pope Pius X had said:

The Modernists pass judgment on the holy Fathers of the Church even as they do upon tradition. With consummate temerity they assure the public that the Fathers, while personally most worthy of all veneration, were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries. To the entire band of Modernists may be applied those words which Our predecessor sorrowfully wrote: "To bring contempt and odium on the mystic Spouse of Christ, who is the true light, the children of darkness have been wont to cast in her face before the world a stupid calumny, and perverting the meaning and force of things and words, to depict her as the friend of darkness and ignorance, and the enemy of light, science, and progress.''23 This being so, Venerable Brethren, there is little reason to wonder that the Modernists vent all their bitterness and hatred on Catholics who zealously fight the battles of the Church. There is no species of insult which they do not heap upon them, but their usual course is to charge them with ignorance or obstinacy. When an adversary rises up against them with an erudition and force that renders them redoubtable, they seek to make a conspiracy of silence around him to nullify the effects of his attack. This policy towards Catholics is the more invidious in that they belaud with admiration which knows no bounds the writers who range themselves on their side, hailing their works, exuding novelty in every page, with a chorus of applause. For them the scholarship of a writer is in direct proportion to the recklessness of his attacks on antiquity, and of his efforts to undermine tradition and the ecclesiastical magisterium. When one of their number falls under the condemnations of the Church the rest of them, to the disgust of good Catholics, gather round him, loudly and publicly applaud him, and hold him up in veneration as almost a martyr for truth. The young, excited and confused by all this clamor of praise and abuse, some of them afraid of being branded as ignorant, others ambitious to rank among the learned, and both classes goaded internally by curiosity and pride, not infrequently surrender and give themselves up to Modernism.
We can now see that "Itchy Watch" wold be classified a "Modernist",
which St Pius X warned us about.
Dominus Vobiscum
Lou Gia

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Princess, I initially tolerated your banality in this forum. Chalked it up to a bored and frustrated housewife who could do nothing but repeat the thoughts and words of others. But you've become a plain old a***ole like the rest of them. Hope you're happy with that.
Who cares who you in your Christian way "tolerate" Anthony. Your poor family has to tolerate you. Parishioners tolerate you. And if you think your buddy Msgr Jim isn't just tolerating you as a groupie then you're an even bigger fool. You're one of a cadre of "useful" fans who run after him.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me,

I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are the Light of the whole world. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who do not believe in God and of those who as yet do not know You. Let the rays of Your grace enlighten them that they, too, together with us, may extol Your wonderful mercy; and do not let them escape from the abode which is Your Most Compassionate Heart.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who do not believe in You, and of those who as yet do not know You, but who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Draw them to the light of the Gospel. These souls do not know what great happiness it is to love You. Grant that they, too, may extol the generosity of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "the pagans."

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Anthony running from? And what's with getting there so early and the man crush on Msgr Jim?? And always announcing, "I really am posting at this time, so I can't be Anthony the EM" Wow, you fooled all of us...Not.
Why is this going on? Next week when Anthony is "re-dedicated" as an EM, at the 10:30 Mass of course, maybe he'll start to change?? Too bad they don't have like at a wedding, Does anyone see just cause that any of these EMs shouldn't be installed or re-dedicated, please speak up now. That should be put in the suggestion box.
seems llike Anthony is pretty touchy about you post--truly upset!!

Poor Anthony! His reponse to your spot on thoughts elicits a reply only a piggish baboon would write,

Sick sick "man?"
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares who you in your Christian way "tolerate" Anthony. Your poor family has to tolerate you. Parishioners tolerate you. And if you think your buddy Msgr Jim isn't just tolerating you as a groupie then you're an even bigger fool. You're one of a cadre of "useful" fans who run after him.
Can you believe living with this
Clown-day in and day out?? He is truly disturbed and suffering from some sort of feelings of inadequacy.

You saw him run out of church like a scared little girly man as did I,
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Princess, I initially tolerated your banality in this forum. Chalked it up to a bored and frustrated housewife who could do nothing but repeat the thoughts and words of others. But you've become a plain old a***ole like the rest of them. Hope you're happy with that.
Again, Anthony R. "outs" himself on this forum.

A real mimbo!
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Bruser wrote:
How Pathetic "Itchy Watch" is. A Child in a Mans body. Pray that he is strong enough to survive the Crash that he is in for. He has exposed himself as a Protestant in every way. I wonder if Msgr Jim leaves the Catholic church, if he will follow him? Yes I would guess so, most lap dogs follow their leader. Since he doesn't follow the Pope, or the Vatican, or the Catholic Catechism's teachings, I guess he feels that he is free to accept whatever he wishes, and to be free from any Catholic doctrines or hindrance to their lifestyle.
Venerable Pope Pius X had said:
The Modernists pass judgment on the holy Fathers of the Church even as they do upon tradition. With consummate temerity they assure the public that the Fathers, while personally most worthy of all veneration, were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries. To the entire band of Modernists may be applied those words which Our predecessor sorrowfully wrote: "To bring contempt and odium on the mystic Spouse of Christ, who is the true light, the children of darkness have been wont to cast in her face before the world a stupid calumny, and perverting the meaning and force of things and words, to depict her as the friend of darkness and ignorance, and the enemy of light, science, and progress.''23 This being so, Venerable Brethren, there is little reason to wonder that the Modernists vent all their bitterness and hatred on Catholics who zealously fight the battles of the Church. There is no species of insult which they do not heap upon them, but their usual course is to charge them with ignorance or obstinacy. When an adversary rises up against them with an erudition and force that renders them redoubtable, they seek to make a conspiracy of silence around him to nullify the effects of his attack. This policy towards Catholics is the more invidious in that they belaud with admiration which knows no bounds the writers who range themselves on their side, hailing their works, exuding novelty in every page, with a chorus of applause. For them the scholarship of a writer is in direct proportion to the recklessness of his attacks on antiquity, and of his efforts to undermine tradition and the ecclesiastical magisterium. When one of their number falls under the condemnations of the Church the rest of them, to the disgust of good Catholics, gather round him, loudly and publicly applaud him, and hold him up in veneration as almost a martyr for truth. The young, excited and confused by all this clamor of praise and abuse, some of them afraid of being branded as ignorant, others ambitious to rank among the learned, and both classes goaded internally by curiosity and pride, not infrequently surrender and give themselves up to Modernism.
We can now see that "Itchy Watch" wold be classified a "Modernist",
which St Pius X warned us about.
Dominus Vobiscum
how right you are Bruser--great analysis on the so-called EM ANTHONY R.
Who runs and hides from the challenge he puts forth.
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Again, Anthony R. "outs" himself on this forum.
A real mimbo!
And yet Frank you'll see him proudly up there on the altar next week in his white robe for the "special" EM re-dedication and installation. Will he be thinking about the importance of offering the Eucharistic to Parishioners, or what the Eucharistic means to us as Catholics? Or will he be thinking about wanting to be with Msgr Jim and staring at him? Frank, you should congratulate Anthony after his re-dedication!! Lol How do you, Lou and the others keep straight faces?
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Frank you'll see him proudly up there on the altar next week in his white robe for the "special" EM re-dedication and installation. Will he be thinking about the importance of offering the Eucharistic to Parishioners, or what the Eucharistic means to us as Catholics? Or will he be thinking about wanting to be with Msgr Jim and staring at him? Frank, you should congratulate Anthony after his re-dedication!! Lol How do you, Lou and the others keep straight faces?
He is a shinning example of what is wrong in the Catholic Church today! I was wondering why he always refers to himself as a Christian never as a Catholic Christian. It is because he is "NOT" a Catholic. He can make all of the gestures on the altar he wishes, his actions and his demeanor prove what he is a <FALSE CATHOLIC>. I know what his response will be "who are you to judge?"
Like a broken record that keeps repeating, and repeating, the same thing over and over. But I do not JUDGE, GOD judges, I can only go by what I see, read, and hear. He had destroyed any credibility once he said he does not think the Pope, or the Catholic church has the right to tell a Woman what to do with her body. Where has he been all his life? The Catholic church gives us a guidance to following Jesus. Does he mean that Jesus didn't have the right to tell the woman "Go and do not sin anymore". Who is the Catholic church following if not Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit?
Where does he think the Catholic Church came up with the Catholic Catechism from? Does he not think that Jesus gave the right of forgiveness of sins to the Apostles? Does he believe that Jesus told the Apostles "Who's sins you forgive on earth are forgiven in heaven, who's sins you retain on earth, are retained in heaven"
He probably believes that the Host given out at mass is only a symbol, and not the Body,Blood,Soul,and Divinity, of Jesus Christ.
WHY IS HE THERE 0N SUNDAY GIVING OUT THE HOST????? Who has guided him into his beliefs? That the Homosexual act is okay as long as it is done with love? That priests should be allowed to marry? That the Church has no right telling a woman what to do with her body??? To whom does he confess his sins?? That priest then is the one that was spoken of "the road to hell is lined with the skulls of errant priests".
Praevaricatione enim ingressus est, quasi cancer, a radicibus manducat Ecclesia catholica.
Dominus Vobiscum
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "heretics and schismatics,"

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena ....
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

NOW I KNOW WHY "ITCHY WATCH" HATES THE DIVINE MERCY PRAYERS......... Does he consider himself to be one of the above? a Heretic or a Schismatic?????
Can he still believe that he is a Catholic????
Take up your Cross "Itchy Watch" and follow Jesus, it is never too late. And flee from the "Errant" person you are allowing to corrupt your soul.
Dominus Vobiscum
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Another "right on the money" Video by Michael Voris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, it's quite disgusting to see him on the altar. The profanity he spews, even to women, broadcasts his deep inadaquacies as a man.
Truly sad and pathetic soul-chasing after the pastor with his puppy love obsession
You can't make this stuff up! It's a show every Sunday
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Bruser wrote:
Another "right on the money" Video by Michael Voris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Every video he posts is great!
He rings the clarion bell on the apostasy going on in the church.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly, it's quite disgusting to see him on the altar. The profanity he spews, even to women, broadcasts his deep inadequacies as a man.
Truly sad and pathetic soul-chasing after the pastor with his puppy love obsession
You can't make this stuff up! It's a show every Sunday
What a waste. Too bad he doesn't have that kind of "Puppy Love", and fervor, and passion for our Lord. Does he even know who is hanging on that cross? Does he know what we celebrate at each and every mass? No! He probably believes it is just a ritualistic celebration we are required to attend. "There are none so blind as those that refuse see".
Diminus Vobiscum
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

I don't know if this Churchmilitanttv will work Frank but give it a try and let me know:

http://www.churchmilitant.tv/podcasts/vort-20...
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Re; above I dont think so its an MP3 file, I had to use my Media to open it up. I will probably get the right copy tonight or tomorrow and post it again.
Have a good night "Champ"
Dominus Vobiscum
Coi

Telford, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

ha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Lindenhurst News Video

•••
•••

Lindenhurst Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lindenhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE