Lindenhurst School District has the ...

Lindenhurst School District has the highest Tax $64,241,701,39

There are 203 comments on the story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Lindenhurst School District has the highest Tax $64,241,701,39. In it, reports that:

Out of 10 School Districts, Lindenhurst School District beats Deer Park $51.445.767.00, West Babylon $46.823.615.07, North Babylon $27.933.770, Copiague $43.132.521.10. In addition, Lindenhurst School District gets an estimated state aid in the amount of $50.092.970.00 Considering how much it costs to run the Lindenhurst School system, I would assume Lindenhurst ranks on the top as far as achieving national education goals, wouldn't you?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

peep

Stamford, CT

#41 Feb 27, 2009
very sad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I agree I love working with the real animals!
I thought you meant a Veteran. Oh, Well Still happy your happy.
teach321

Springfield Gardens, NY

#42 Feb 27, 2009
I need to stop reading these posts because it is really making me upset. First off, I am sorry that I had mentioned the whole thing with the "Masters" I have two which are in two different subject areas; one being admistration. For the most part I did it to be a MASTER teacher - to know my subject inside and out, to further my career as well as being more marketable in case I needed a change. I consider myself a life-long learner. I am actually sitting here on a Friday night doing lesson plans for next week, update my eBoard and write to parents via e-mails to keep them posted about performance. You're right that teachers need to make contact, in fact I have parents that I give my cell and home phone # to so that they know I care and they can trust me and so on. Did you get the call from Mr. Lederer inviting everyone to the HS to meet the Legislators to discuss school aid and the homeowner. It's a forum so you can ask or voice your opinion. I too, live in Lindy and would like to see change in taxes and school reform. Not to stir a frenzy but have any of you considered running for the Board?=) And to answer the question about the school free lunch program; it's for those that don't make enough, foodstamps, etc. There is a whole list of criteria that a family has to meet. I believe it's Nation wide too not just state. I will have to look into the Miller Place SD because I like the system they have. The Super there used to be my professor. I will try to contact him and see what it's all about and how much. I am sure too expensive. My advice to all of you for now, is to request an e-mail or an eBoard to post notes and homework from the teachers.
Teach

AOL

#43 Feb 28, 2009
teach321 wrote:
Teachers here are the lowest paid and WE work very hard. Some of us, including myself have more Master degrees than some of you parents. We teach and it's up to you as "the parents" to collaborate with us and continue the learning process at home. Do you follow the handbook? Sign tests and quizzes, follow-up with parent conferences, utilize the eBoard, help your child, get them a tutor, monitor what they wear to school NO! Most would say no! Stop the complaining and spend more time with your children. Learn with them because its quite evident that the only A+ you earned was in COMPLAINING! By the way, SMART boards are very practical and are for hands-on activities!!! I have one and I use it all the time. Kids love them. "Notes on demand"
As a teacher who was excessed I say BRAVO! Even though I do not work their anymore, I just want to say Lindehurst Teachers are some of the best around! All you parents should be thankful for those teachers because they clean up your mess, help your kids and listen to them when they are complaining about you. YOur taxes may be high (mine are higher), but your kids go to an aamzing district, have fantasic programs and live in a great community. If you don't like whats going on, or wonder ehre your money goes do something about it. Go to a Board Meeting or join the PTA. Most of you don't do either, you just complain on the computer!
orchestrarlz

Florham Park, NJ

#44 Feb 28, 2009
okay let me begin with this. WHO CARES ABOUT THE PERSONS SPELLING AND GRAMMER ON HERE! cause honestly thats all you guys think, wow this person has bad grammer in stead of looking at the real issues. okay i might be immature. im techniclly still a kid..and i have more important things to work on..like preparing for my next regents exam! to all who think we NEED cheat sheets..then man you got alot comming. isnt that what your job is? isnt that why your a teacher? to TEACH us how to comprehend and understand?to all the teachers who think that our kids are stupid. well thats where the problem is.. try finding a way to make them more mature. thats what happens to me in ELEMENTRY! and the elementry schools are abnormally low in standers. and im not saying there are no standerds. but there unnessary, for the ones that ARE there. you guys pick one word outof something that people say and go off about it instead of seeing the big picture. get it straight. and i no all about your stupid middle school. i went there too. i know about the system and there plans, and there just as clueless as the teachers are. reach out and make change teachers!
Jones

East Hampton, NY

#45 Feb 28, 2009
The most important factor in learning is a students parents -- however the schools must do their job also. Newsday stats say Lindy is not a top school on Long Island. Check for yourself. Who's to blame? The key is, is money being used effectively for the good of all? Demand line item information when the budget is decided. I doubt this information will be provided. Lindy schools can be so much better. It begins with school tone, discipline, and academic acheivement. Those running things need to be honest with the community. Too much apathy in town which is why many board members run unapposed. Lots of the same old, same old. Many in town will be voting No!
orchestrarlz

Florham Park, NJ

#46 Feb 28, 2009
teach321 wrote:
I need to stop reading these posts because it is really making me upset. First off, I am sorry that I had mentioned the whole thing with the "Masters" I have two which are in two different subject areas; one being admistration. For the most part I did it to be a MASTER teacher - to know my subject inside and out, to further my career as well as being more marketable in case I needed a change. I consider myself a life-long learner. I am actually sitting here on a Friday night doing lesson plans for next week, update my eBoard and write to parents via e-mails to keep them posted about performance. You're right that teachers need to make contact, in fact I have parents that I give my cell and home phone # to so that they know I care and they can trust me and so on. Did you get the call from Mr. Lederer inviting everyone to the HS to meet the Legislators to discuss school aid and the homeowner. It's a forum so you can ask or voice your opinion. I too, live in Lindy and would like to see change in taxes and school reform. Not to stir a frenzy but have any of you considered running for the Board?=) And to answer the question about the school free lunch program; it's for those that don't make enough, foodstamps, etc. There is a whole list of criteria that a family has to meet. I believe it's Nation wide too not just state. I will have to look into the Miller Place SD because I like the system they have. The Super there used to be my professor. I will try to contact him and see what it's all about and how much. I am sure too expensive. My advice to all of you for now, is to request an e-mail or an eBoard to post notes and homework from the teachers.
first i would like to say thank you. however at the board meeting its almost like your just supposed to sit there and watch..not say any thing. and if you do they put you down if you dissagree. you may dissagree but its true i see it happened..its happened to me.
teach321

Springfield Gardens, NY

#47 Feb 28, 2009
To orchestarlz: As a possible administrator, and as practice for you at an interview, why would you like to become a teacher? This is NOT in any means to start an arguement but simply to see where you stand on your philosophy. Additionally where do you stand on student discipline and academic needs. Maybe your answer becasue you're still a student can help us. On the flip side, students need to express their needs to the teachers too. Remember I am NOT trying you get you upet!

Maybe the other have ideas on what and how you would like us to teach. I am simply asking for suggestions not a *&^%# session.
TRUTH

East Hampton, NY

#48 Feb 28, 2009
Lindenhurst parents ahve put-up with the arrogance of Board members for years!...They get what they decerve!!! A sad commentary on the community more than on the 9 board members "looking out for all the lids".
teach321

Springfield Gardens, NY

#49 Feb 28, 2009
Unfortunately, Bush made us teach to the test! There is no more room for a teacher's creativity to florish. I wasn't a great student in school either but I had teachers who cared and maybe this generation you need that too. But for you, who will be going to college, there is hope! I blossemed in college. I was scared that I wasn't prepared but I woke myself up! You have to be independent and study what you need. Don't wait for the teachers. Because of Bush, we only teach the basics and touch upon certain objectives without going into too much detail. I used to do so much in the class and now I had to cut back because of all the assessments that interupt my teaching. I wonder if you had just one teacher in MS that went out of his/her way. You had to!!?? The problem of schools is much deeper than those teaching in the classroom. It began with the President. I am hopeful with Obama. I hope he can keep his word!
teach321

New York, NY

#50 Feb 28, 2009
TRUTH wrote:
Lindenhurst parents ahve put-up with the arrogance of Board members for years!...They get what they decerve!!! A sad commentary on the community more than on the 9 board members "looking out for all the lids".
Can you explain, "they get what they deserve?" Not sure I am getting what you want to say here, sorry.

“Hug Your Kids”

Since: Mar 08

Lindenhurst

#51 Feb 28, 2009
teach321 wrote:
Dear Teach321, Let me just say that this Post is the first one in which I feel your heart is in the right place. Wow, what happened? Anyway. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

“Hug Your Kids”

Lindenhurst

#52 Feb 28, 2009
teach321 wrote:
Unfortunately, Bush made us teach to the test! There is no more room for a teacher's creativity to florish. I wasn't a great student in school either but I had teachers who cared and maybe this generation you need that too. But for you, who will be going to college, there is hope! I blossemed in college. I was scared that I wasn't prepared but I woke myself up! You have to be independent and study what you need. Don't wait for the teachers. Because of Bush, we only teach the basics and touch upon certain objectives without going into too much detail. I used to do so much in the class and now I had to cut back because of all the assessments that interupt my teaching. I wonder if you had just one teacher in MS that went out of his/her way. You had to!!?? The problem of schools is much deeper than those teaching in the classroom. It began with the President. I am hopeful with Obama. I hope he can keep his word!
I want to make one point perfectly clear. I believe that most (Not all) of our teachers really do try and have the best intentions, However, I simply can not say the same about the Superintendent.

“Hug Your Kids”

Lindenhurst

#53 Feb 28, 2009
orchestrarlz wrote:
okay let me begin with this. WHO CARES ABOUT THE PERSONS SPELLING AND GRAMMER ON HERE! cause honestly thats all you guys think, wow this person has bad grammer in stead of looking at the real issues. okay i might be immature. im techniclly still a kid..and i have more important things to work on..like preparing for my next regents exam! to all who think we NEED cheat sheets..then man you got alot comming. isnt that what your job is? isnt that why your a teacher? to TEACH us how to comprehend and understand?to all the teachers who think that our kids are stupid. well thats where the problem is.. try finding a way to make them more mature. thats what happens to me in ELEMENTRY! and the elementry schools are abnormally low in standers. and im not saying there are no standerds. but there unnessary, for the ones that ARE there. you guys pick one word outof something that people say and go off about it instead of seeing the big picture. get it straight. and i no all about your stupid middle school. i went there too. i know about the system and there plans, and there just as clueless as the teachers are. reach out and make change teachers!
I care about the spelling, especially when it is coming from a Teacher.
teach321

Springfield Gardens, NY

#54 Feb 28, 2009
Thank you Lindy123. I have been working 13 years, 3rd generation and I love kids and care about them very much. I do work hard but like I said with all these damn assessments it's so hard to be creative. By the way, Neil is retiring this year. I wish I could run for Board but I live in Lindy. I hope to someday become an Admin. I have lots of innovative ideas across the board but there is unfortunately not enough time in the year. I would opt to teach all year or even extend the year. But shhhhhhh! Let's keep that a secret, hehe! First the major thing to implement that idea would be AC in every class. PS I always had my heart in it on every post.<3
teach321

Springfield Gardens, NY

#55 Feb 28, 2009
I meant to extend the day, oops!

“Hug Your Kids”

Lindenhurst

#56 Feb 28, 2009
Oh Happy Day, Neil is retiring!
very sad

Lyndhurst, NJ

#57 Feb 28, 2009
teach321 wrote:
I have and was told that they are getting the children ready for college they need to be organized and write in their planners. Well, my college son who struggled with attention deficit is going to Stony Brook he now can go online and get all his assignments, test and what is expected of him. All honors in highschool struggled with his planner. Now is excelling in school going on to be a computer engineer then patent attorney. Sorry what I'm paying in taxes they have put turf after sod, sprinkler systems,new pool renovation BUT blackboard is too expensive?? Get the priorities straight. Please...I also saw one of our school systems board members child hosting an underage drinking party on their myspace webpage. I can't believe she is making the decisions for the children of Lindenhust. BUT I do commend you for all your hardwork and looking into Millerplace. It may be worth cutting cost somewhere else to get this into the Lindenhurst schools and boosting their grades! Thank you!
very sad

Lyndhurst, NJ

#58 Feb 28, 2009
lindy123 wrote:
Oh Happy Day, Neil is retiring!
As a person I do really like Neil.
very sad

Lyndhurst, NJ

#59 Feb 28, 2009
cry a river wrote:
Think about how much you guys paid in day care. If you break it down, teachers get about a $1 a day from you people. You dont pay for teachers' salaries. You may for one, not even. If you don't like it here, go somewhere else, apply for STAR! YOu all are just mad because you didn't go to school to become a teacher. YOU ALL are just jealous. I don't even teach in Lindy but have good friends there, come to where I teach at Half Hollow Hills East and pay higher taxes and get the same education. Teaching is the same every where with the same standards and same assessments. Your kids need "cheat sheets" because for some reason this group of kids can't retain information or apply!!! We have to simplify every frickin thing! But how funny they can recall types of guns on Call of Duty, quotes from movies and lyrics from Rap music. Duh!!!
That is because that is what you think of the children in this district. I can say for my sons,both are gifted and very intelligent they both hate that school!The stories they come and tell me are disgusting the way teachers act in that school. Some of these teachers need to be cut from the system. The one that are only there for vacations and paychecks. It really makes it bad for the excellent teachers who care and devote themselves to the district. Why don't you ask yourselve why are you a teacher, maybe its time for a change??
teach321

Springfield Gardens, NY

#60 Feb 28, 2009
Personally I like Neil too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lindenhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Assault victim barely escapes oncoming train (Jul '07) 19 hr Joe Biden 325
Tarrantino murder 23 hr joey b 4
News State closer to intervening in struggling schools Thu Elise Gingerich 2
classmates from 1958-1961 Thu Skippy17 1
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Thu Bruser 8,017
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Tue Merry Mastic Home... 143
News New Principal Named For Gardiners Avenue Elemen... Aug 25 Lucky Luciano 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lindenhurst Mortgages