Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

Apr 13, 2011 Full story: MidSouthNewz 202,171

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Full Story

“AKA Duckie”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#36110 Aug 13, 2011
Not-a-blonde wrote:
<quoted text>
Make a fresh pot of coffee so we might all smell it. I do not believe any member of the Bobo family is in the business of deceiving anyone about 4/13 or anything to do with Holly. I believe it is possible that Clint suffered shock this date and not a person recognized it. Just the opposite occurred since it was probably viewed necessary by LE to interrogate Clint immediately for several hours non-stop to get ever piece of information that could be obtained concerning Holly and the crime scene. Consider this. In certain situations when we experience shock, our body will protect itself and we have no control over the form of protection that the body uses. The brain is the center that offers this form of protection. In many cases, the body can suffer greatly from shock if not treated properly. There are several poster that are in the nursing field that post on this site that can verify certain things along this theory.
Personally, I experienced a bad car accident in my past, walked away from the scene without any visible markers. I later begin to regain certain memory of things around the scene of the accident approx. six months later. No, I never recognized my loss of memory until I started to remember and the memory came back to me in bits and pieces over a time span of the next several weeks. I was told it was probably shock and my brain just shut off certain memory for my own protection. A very weird feeling of recognizing something you now know about your past that you didnít know minutes before. Are there any of you that have experienced anything similar to this? It could certainly explain some of the questions most everyone seems to be having with Clint/Karenís statements. This is no more than a theory.
I can agree with you on that one. I didn't have the best childhood and well years later things came back to me that I had to confirm with family. The car wreck thing too. I had a crazy wreck back in 01 that I lost the whole night and next day.

I also wanted to address the topic of the dogs not getting the scent. It is obvious the guy was decked out in camo..I know that when hunting we often used different masking agents. Fox pee, doe urine and on and on. Now I have no knowledge of scent tracking dogs but it seems that these agents may be able to throw them off. I have also heard that walking in a creek or in water could trick the dogs but thats "hollywood". I have thought that just because Clint saw them walking towards the woods doesn't necessarily mean they went into the woods. They could have walked right out to the road to a vehcile. I have thought since the begining that she was out of the immediate area before LE started searching. Can't do that on foot or an ATV.

Since: Jul 11

Travelers Rest, SC

#36111 Aug 13, 2011
I'm out, hope everyone has a good day!

“AKA Duckie”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#36112 Aug 13, 2011
*and certainly not through densely forrested rough terrain.

“AKA Duckie”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#36113 Aug 13, 2011
Letsthink wrote:
Mary wrote:
On NG tonight said the brother made a statement to someone he thought it was holly's boyfriend that was turkey hunting and got a bird and was taking holly in the woods to see his kill.
question: wouldn't the guy just carry the bird up with him??? And they keep saying neighbor heard scream , they don't say that the brother said he heard it.( if neighbor heard it , he should have too)
<quoted text>
Angel, Are these the 2 posts from page 20?
I have thought CB was prolly asleep when the screams happened. The screams caused the dog to bark. This wakes up Clint. He sees what he thinks are HB and DS looking at somthing on the ground?
Whatever

Granger, IN

#36114 Aug 13, 2011
Watching17 wrote:
<quoted text> I agree,I don't believe she received a call either. I was addressing more the, I don't know who or why part.
OK. I get it.
Whatever

Granger, IN

#36115 Aug 13, 2011
Watching17 wrote:
<quoted text> Mine wasn't an accident but although I had symptoms of trauma, I had no memory of the actual event for years. When the memories started coming back, I was confused by them and the feelings. I finally spoke with a family member who verified my memories were true,and for the most part accurate.
But too, we must remember that if we are to believe Clint's original story, he was not actually traumatized when he first saw Holly go away with this guy - he thought it was Drew. Sure later, after the fact, he said he then realized she probably knew her life was in danger. But I don't quite see why his mind up to that point wasn't clear as to what little he says he did see. He didn't hear any screaming, and finally decided it was Drew in the garage with Holly and the turkey. That is not the same thing as a 'brain freeze' during a trauma (watching a murder, or a horrible accident as an example) and having trouble retrieving what a person saw at the moment of the incident.

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#36116 Aug 13, 2011
Psyence wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with you on that one. I didn't have the best childhood and well years later things came back to me that I had to confirm with family. The car wreck thing too. I had a crazy wreck back in 01 that I lost the whole night and next day.
I also wanted to address the topic of the dogs not getting the scent. It is obvious the guy was decked out in camo..I know that when hunting we often used different masking agents. Fox pee, doe urine and on and on. Now I have no knowledge of scent tracking dogs but it seems that these agents may be able to throw them off. I have also heard that walking in a creek or in water could trick the dogs but thats "hollywood". I have thought that just because Clint saw them walking towards the woods doesn't necessarily mean they went into the woods. They could have walked right out to the road to a vehcile. I have thought since the begining that she was out of the immediate area before LE started searching. Can't do that on foot or an ATV.
ATVs can be used to go long distances at fast rates of speed, but if an ATV was used, LE would be able to determine this.
We had the discussion concerning the masking scents etc., & the K9s. The reaction of the K9s could have been caused by many factors. It was stated by Mehr & Clint that their was an ATV trail or logging road adjacent to the Bobo property.
Since the abductor preplanned and was prepared, it would be safe to conclude that her confinement for transport to the safe haven or destination was also predetermined.

Wolfscratch
Whatever

Granger, IN

#36117 Aug 13, 2011
Psyence wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with you on that one. I didn't have the best childhood and well years later things came back to me that I had to confirm with family. The car wreck thing too. I had a crazy wreck back in 01 that I lost the whole night and next day.
I also wanted to address the topic of the dogs not getting the scent. It is obvious the guy was decked out in camo..I know that when hunting we often used different masking agents. Fox pee, doe urine and on and on. Now I have no knowledge of scent tracking dogs but it seems that these agents may be able to throw them off. I have also heard that walking in a creek or in water could trick the dogs but thats "hollywood". I have thought that just because Clint saw them walking towards the woods doesn't necessarily mean they went into the woods. They could have walked right out to the road to a vehcile. I have thought since the begining that she was out of the immediate area before LE started searching. Can't do that on foot or an ATV.
It might be interesting to "Google" articles from trainers on tracking dogs. But scents of animal urine should in no way affect a search dog when given a human scent to track. Also, they can pick up scents even when someone has been in the water; in fact many times corpses are found deep in the water by dogs if they are brought out on the water in a boat. They can sniff the surface of the water and if there is 'someone' down there, they will indicate that to their handlers.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#36118 Aug 13, 2011
Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Also:
No exit point was detected by the dogs, Holly's scent was not detected any further than the tree line then the dogs circled back to the garage.
Rather than rush into the woods after Holly when they arrived, LE spent 3 HOURS examining the interior and exterior of the house. Seeming in no rush to save a hostage in a life threatening situation. The area was never surrounded to prevent the victim from being taken elsewhere and apparently no immediate roadblocks were set up.

Karen did not call Holly.

You don't call your daughter after everything you've been told....." Are you all right? neighbor just called said she heard screaming ,whats going on?"

As far as Clint I just think he was confused, may be afraid to talk, or may have been told not to reveal certain things by le which makes his statement sound disjointed....
Marcia, The point you made as to "karen did not call Holly' is HUGE.

The first call Mom made at school should have been to Holly, and again while K. was being driven home after the 911 call.

ALL the family members should have been calling H. that morning...

After looking past the drama, IMO, any family member that didn't try to call Holly that morning, more than likely, knows what happened to Holly.. jmo..

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#36119 Aug 13, 2011
Psyence wrote:
*and certainly not through densely forrested rough terrain.
many logging roads extend for miles and miles.

WS
Not-a-blonde

Manchester, TN

#36120 Aug 13, 2011
Watching17 wrote:
<quoted text> I have also experienced brain protection system,and it can take years for a person to feel safe enough for the memory to be brought from the sub conscious, to the conscious memory. I have also witnessed a murder and aftermath, others had to tell me my real reactions. Also just giving a statement to,and being questioned by LE is traumatic in of its self. Trauma on top of trauma, most of us are going to be affected in some way. IMO
From your experience along, Clint most likely suffered some portion of the same sub-conscious lock-down at the time he realized he was the last person to see Holly and failed to recognize she was in trouble. I feel sure Karen and LE had to inform Clint much of what he believed he saw was not what he actually saw that morning. Think back on the interviews of his statements before the camera. Clint speaks about much of this theory. That makes more sense than to have Clint's sister abducted, his entire family devastated but Clint will only make untrue statements regarding the abduction. I have never accepted that Clint was lying about Hollyís abduction.
msmomma

United States

#36121 Aug 13, 2011
My first baby was stillborn and I have no actual memories of seeing and holding her.But I know I did because my family told me what all went on that afternoon in detail. This could be what happened to Clint.
Angel

Cecilia, KY

#36122 Aug 13, 2011
I believe PSYENCE is CLINT read 36113 HE said the dogs.started barking ,when they heard the screams.

Since: May 11

Seattle, WA

#36123 Aug 13, 2011
Morning all - Just wondering - What happened to the text that Clint supposedly sent Holly? The one she supposedly responded to with "I'm ok" (or something like that). No mention of this from the family, right?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36124 Aug 13, 2011
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Marcia, The point you made as to "karen did not call Holly' is HUGE.
The first call Mom made at school should have been to Holly, and again while K. was being driven home after the 911 call.
ALL the family members should have been calling H. that morning...
After looking past the drama, IMO, any family member that didn't try to call Holly that morning, more than likely, knows what happened to Holly.. jmo..
Do we know for a fact that Karen and/or other family did not try to call Holly?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36125 Aug 13, 2011
anotheranon wrote:
Morning all - Just wondering - What happened to the text that Clint supposedly sent Holly? The one she supposedly responded to with "I'm ok" (or something like that). No mention of this from the family, right?
I could be wrong but I am thinking it was Drew that sent the text with the "I'm ok" response.
Not-a-blonde

Manchester, TN

#36126 Aug 13, 2011
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. But, when you had the accident, and what little you did remember, did you tell what you did know, then later changed the story completely???
No, I never realized I had lost any memory. We were driving in another state and not familiar with the area we were in at the time. I could always recall watching our one-car accident in slow motion (in my mine only) that was going to occur and did occur. I accepted that we were going to be killed instantly, believing we would experience no pain or suffering. What I actually blocked out was my physical action of getting out of the car to a safe zone. I could always recall experiencing the effects of coming unglued with crying and body shaking out-of-control. The window of safety from the wrecked vehicle until I came unglued was what I lost in memory that was later recovered when I just never realized I had anything to recover. It was a strange feeling to experience to say the least.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#36127 Aug 13, 2011
I'm still thinking about the clue the Sheriff gave us. Things aren't what they seem. What was the Sheriff hinting at?
I read TBI said H. did not run away, but I'm not totally convinced she didn't.

What IF, there was no abduction?
Did she leave/run away with this young guy she had recently met?
Is that why H. was up at 4:30 am?
Did he talk her into leaving before school that day instead of after school?
Did she stub her toe in the garage causing the blood? Maybe they were bending over to check her toe?...
I read TBI said H. did not run away...because of the families actions and WORDS, I'm not totally convinced she didn't...jmo
Rocket Gal

Huntsville, AL

#36128 Aug 13, 2011
Letsthink wrote:
Mary wrote:
On NG tonight said the brother made a statement to someone he thought it was holly's boyfriend that was turkey hunting and got a bird and was taking holly in the woods to see his kill.
question: wouldn't the guy just carry the bird up with him??? And they keep saying neighbor heard scream , they don't say that the brother said he heard it.( if neighbor heard it , he should have too)
<quoted text>
Angel, Are these the 2 posts from page 20?
I thought he previously said the two in the garage were kneeling over a turkey looking at it. That is what he thought at the time, not that he saw the turkey just what he thought at the time explaining why he was not alarmed.. If the two were kneeling over the turkey looking, why then did Clint say on NG last night, "was taking holly in the woods to see his kill". These two statements are contradictory and a red flag! Unless, he killed on turkey, left it in the woods, maybe it was too big to lug to the garage. Said this turkey is the smaller of the two that I killed now come with me to see the turkey that is too big to lug here to the garage. The whole turky story/ies need to be buried.(my opinion)
fox

Sevierville, TN

#36129 Aug 13, 2011
Watching17 wrote:
<quoted text> Mine wasn't an accident but although I had symptoms of trauma, I had no memory of the actual event for years. When the memories started coming back, I was confused by them and the feelings. I finally spoke with a family member who verified my memories were true,and for the most part accurate.
Would the "trauma" also cause him to not hear screams but only "young" voices in the garage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Piggley Wiggly stopped Walmart from coming here 4 min boycott pw 17
Jim Lancaster (Jul '13) 4 hr Circle 27
Kirk pyle 10 hr Waynesboro 2
snitch snitch snitch (Sep '11) 21 hr tnjatthelake 51
pearcys 22 hr Watching17 7
Ferguson March 22 hr Guest 2
Jason Tue exfriend of you 6
Linden Dating
Find my Match

Linden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Linden News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Linden

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:04 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:04PM
Texans' Mallett done, Fitzpatrick starts
Bleacher Report 1:20 PM
Fitzpatrick Announced as Starter vs. Titans
NBC Sports 1:37 PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab
NFL 2:01 PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:11 PM
Shaun Phillps lands with Colts