Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 270078 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Not-a-blonde

Chatsworth, GA

#36137 Aug 13, 2011
Psyence wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with you on that one. I didn't have the best childhood and well years later things came back to me that I had to confirm with family. The car wreck thing too. I had a crazy wreck back in 01 that I lost the whole night and next day.
I also wanted to address the topic of the dogs not getting the scent. It is obvious the guy was decked out in camo..I know that when hunting we often used different masking agents. Fox pee, doe urine and on and on. Now I have no knowledge of scent tracking dogs but it seems that these agents may be able to throw them off. I have also heard that walking in a creek or in water could trick the dogs but thats "hollywood". I have thought that just because Clint saw them walking towards the woods doesn't necessarily mean they went into the woods. They could have walked right out to the road to a vehcile. I have thought since the begining that she was out of the immediate area before LE started searching. Can't do that on foot or an ATV.
I, too, feel she was out into the community before any LE arrived at the Bobo home that day. I know nothing about these dogs but I was told there were several different groups of dogs brought into this area searching for Holly. I have been told by a private person that his dog picked up her scent inside the woods and the dog took the scent to what appeared to be an old logging road and the dog stopped at that point. Many believe she was taken out by an ATV. Apparently there was no visible tracks at that area. I believed this person that was speaking to me but he was not an LEO.
Rocket Gal

Meridianville, AL

#36138 Aug 13, 2011
Letsthink wrote:
Mary wrote:
On NG tonight said the brother made a statement to someone he thought it was holly's boyfriend that was turkey hunting and got a bird and was taking holly in the woods to see his kill.
question: wouldn't the guy just carry the bird up with him??? And they keep saying neighbor heard scream , they don't say that the brother said he heard it.( if neighbor heard it , he should have too)
<quoted text>
Angel, Are these the 2 posts from page 20?
Letsthink was quoting Mary's post. Mary do you have a link for:
"On NG tonight said the brother made a statement to someone"

“AKA Duckie”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#36139 Aug 13, 2011
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
ATVs can be used to go long distances at fast rates of speed, but if an ATV was used, LE would be able to determine this.
We had the discussion concerning the masking scents etc., & the K9s. The reaction of the K9s could have been caused by many factors. It was stated by Mehr & Clint that their was an ATV trail or logging road adjacent to the Bobo property.
Since the abductor preplanned and was prepared, it would be safe to conclude that her confinement for transport to the safe haven or destination was also predetermined.
Wolfscratch
I'm with you on the predetermined destination. Just Curious, do you still think this was a "stranger abduction" given the light of the JVM interview? If Clint says they were kneeling together and walking casually. Not accusing the family but the possibility of someone known to her seems stronger yet the seemingly "perfect" crime points to experience. Also, I have seen posted here where someone said (can't remember who) CB heard a young man's voice. I have been following this for a while and don't remember that anywhere in transcripts or anything.

Whatever- Thanks for the tidbits on tracking dogs. I was familiar with the wonders of cadaver dogs but had heard that tracking dogs seemed to have a higher margin of error.

Whatever

“AKA Duckie”

Location hidden

#36140 Aug 13, 2011
dunno where the last Whatever came from. Sorry
Rocket Gal

Meridianville, AL

#36141 Aug 13, 2011
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Clint was on NG last night? Sorry I missed that.... and if so, and he said that, you've got THAT right as far as red flags are concerned. Yes, those turkey stories are getting old and weary.
post #36138 asking for clarification

“AKA Duckie”

Location hidden

#36142 Aug 13, 2011
Angel wrote:
I believe PSYENCE is CLINT read 36113 HE said the dogs.started barking ,when they heard the screams.
That would be nice huh? Click on my name and look at the comments from the past couple of months. Most of the people here know that to not be true. I live in Memphis TN and don't know the Bobo's.
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#36143 Aug 13, 2011
I agree that Clint seeing Holly kneel down and casually walk away with a 'stranger' is very highly unlikely. I also wouldn't think she would be walking in that manner away from her home if she thought she was truly in danger. SURELY even Clint would have picked up on negative body lanugage from her as she was walking with the guy if she thought she was in danger.

We can't have it both ways; either the abductor was someone she had been acquainted with, or, Clint is lying from the beginning___ either to protect himself, his friends, or both, IMO.

“AKA Duckie”

Location hidden

#36144 Aug 13, 2011
Not-a-blonde wrote:
<quoted text>
I, too, feel she was out into the community before any LE arrived at the Bobo home that day. I know nothing about these dogs but I was told there were several different groups of dogs brought into this area searching for Holly. I have been told by a private person that his dog picked up her scent inside the woods and the dog took the scent to what appeared to be an old logging road and the dog stopped at that point. Many believe she was taken out by an ATV. Apparently there was no visible tracks at that area. I believed this person that was speaking to me but he was not an LEO.
Well that explains it. If that is in fact true that would be exactly how the perp/s got away. Do you think a 4wd truck or SUV could have gotten down that road.

“AKA Duckie”

Location hidden

#36146 Aug 13, 2011
Whatever wrote:
I agree that Clint seeing Holly kneel down and casually walk away with a 'stranger' is very highly unlikely. I also wouldn't think she would be walking in that manner away from her home if she thought she was truly in danger. SURELY even Clint would have picked up on negative body lanugage from her as she was walking with the guy if she thought she was in danger.
We can't have it both ways; either the abductor was someone she had been acquainted with, or, Clint is lying from the beginning___ either to protect himself, his friends, or both, IMO.
I seem to remember reading that he was interrogated for like 15 hours straight. Since the JVM interview I have no idea how I feel about it. I also read where someone here said that the family was 100% cleared but haven't been find anything to back it up.
Not-a-blonde

Chatsworth, GA

#36147 Aug 13, 2011
fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Would the "trauma" also cause him to not hear screams but only "young" voices in the garage?
I can only tell you from my own personal experience, I did not select to loss any portion of my memory nor did I select when to bring back that portion that was lost. At the same time, I lived through the entire ordeal of a bad car accident with no control of selecting any portion to remember or to forget. There is no words that can explain it but it was very real.
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#36148 Aug 13, 2011
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
every think, after Clint, saw what he saw, that, Mom, Dad, Brother, and Boyfriend, all were calling her, over and over, and the perp, new he had be made, every think he had a gun to her head and told her to sent back a " Im OK", took the phone and turn it off.
I DO think that if that text message was from Holly's phone, it was the perp who sent the message - absolutely! Aa far as if or how many calls the family made to Holly, LE knows through their phone records. If this is the case, so far, they have chosen not to release that information to the public. No one knows if they did or not, IMO.
Not-a-blonde

Chatsworth, GA

#36149 Aug 13, 2011
Psyence wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that explains it. If that is in fact true that would be exactly how the perp/s got away. Do you think a 4wd truck or SUV could have gotten down that road.
I never saw this road and never heard anyone speculating about a 4wd truck or SUV on the logging road. I did hear speculations of someone could have possibly had a nearby pickup parked and loaded an ATV and left the area rapidly.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36150 Aug 13, 2011
Angel wrote:
I believe PSYENCE is CLINT read 36113 HE said the dogs.started barking ,when they heard the screams.
No he said dog with no s...singular. I clicked on PSYENCE and read all of the posts, and Clint does not speak like that. So I will have to disagree.:o)
Rocket Gal

Meridianville, AL

#36151 Aug 13, 2011
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>You say last night on ng was the Bobo family on Nancy Grace last evening?If so do you have a link to post?
post #36138 asking for clarification

Location hidden

#36152 Aug 13, 2011
Psyence wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is the logging road you are speaking of, yes. They are made big enough for huge logging trucks and machinery to get in and out.
Angel

Trinity, TX

#36153 Aug 13, 2011
GO to post 400 and 407 this was posted APRIL -19-2011 page 20 and read.

Location hidden

#36155 Aug 13, 2011
Kev, are you still lurking?
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#36156 Aug 13, 2011
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Right ON. Alot of ppl kept questioning the family, the family is showing how mad they are at LE, I think the finger pointing should start to fall in the direction of LE, just what are they doing to slove this case, BC, from what i see, NOTHING is going on anymore, just a shame, 2 to 3 hrs, before they started the search, he could have walk her down that logging road, sat and ate her lunch, before they even started.
Part of the problem is the location of the Bobo residence. From what I have read, quick response to most situations in these rural areas is not the norm. And as I have mentioned on here before, I do not know how LE reacts there locally to a 'disappearance' of a young adult, but those around here will not respond or go looking for such a person unless they don't show up after the first 24 hours they went missing. It is different of course for young children. Remember, at the time, although the family probably reported this as an abduction, LE does not know that. And, many teenagers and young adults just take off from the parent's home without any notice.

Not saying I agree with that policy, but it is common among authorities to take that attitude. It is expensive both monetarily and time wise to put in such effort when a kid just decided to 'do his/her thing'. LE did I understand,, issue an "Amber Alert" later for Holly, but technically, they were not required to do that; it is a law passed mainly for underage children, not those of Holly's age.
Not-a-blonde

Chatsworth, GA

#36157 Aug 13, 2011
msmomma wrote:
My first baby was stillborn and I have no actual memories of seeing and holding her.But I know I did because my family told me what all went on that afternoon in detail. This could be what happened to Clint.
I am truly sorry about your baby but it make me feel good that you are willing to share your sorrow and how it effected you. Just another example of how one's body will protect itself while none of us have any control over receiving this form of protection. Thanks msmomma.

“AKA Duckie”

Location hidden

#36158 Aug 13, 2011
1Country-Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is the logging road you are speaking of, yes. They are made big enough for huge logging trucks and machinery to get in and out.
Sometimes these things grow over after a few years. I feel like something big was missed at the begining by LE that will cause this to go unsolved forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the one armed guy? 13 hr sup dog 2
Krystal linville is back in waynesboro Thu event 4
wayne staggs don't like the truth Wed sam 4
jason gresham Wed Just saying 8
sccf workoholic Tue Thats why I quit 3
Woman for married man May 22 Gordon 3
who is kristy baugas and what happenef? (Mar '14) May 21 JER29 87

Linden Jobs

Personal Finance

Linden Mortgages