Concerned Citizen

Peoria, IL

#1 Feb 16, 2012
To my neighbors in Stuart Iowa that live by SW4th and SW3rd - Are you aware that the City of Stuart is bringing in "Growmark". They will be building a Dry Fertilizer storage facility in the corn field west of the above mentioned streets. I was not aware of this until 2-13-12. This building will be very close to residential areas. We are talking VERY close. Not to mention the increased traffic on the rail spur line. Also semi-trucks coming and going all day long right next to our housing. This is just the start - When asked what their future plans were they said in the future they may add additional buildings with more than "Dry Fertilizer" This is NOT what Stuart needs RIGHT NEXT TO RESIDENTIAL. Our property values will go down. Oh....but Stuart will be adding 10 jobs to the area. AT WHAT COST I ASK??? Bringing down property values, increased traffic and noise not to mention potential health HAZARDS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rodney Heemstra freed from prison after 4 years... (Nov '08) Nov '13 worried in the he... 4
The Large st Free Onl ine Dating Website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Keiko Feinstein 1
News Dallas County Sheriff (Apr '13) Apr '13 AGB 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Iowa (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '11 glen Larsen 35
Debate: Marijuana - Linden, IA (Sep '10) Sep '10 Chris McCoud 1
News Iowa fan says publicity over Dome bathroom sex ... (Nov '08) Mar '10 Rockin John Pt 2 159
News Mayors Race Ends In 32 To 32 Vote 12min (Dec '09) Dec '09 Jackie Harris 1
More from around the web

Linden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]