Judge Clark
Wrong_30jj

Haslet, TX

#1 Mar 1, 2013
My wife and I have been sent to judge Clark's court because of an admittedly untrue story told by one of my children because she had gotten trouble. We admitted to smoking pot in the past "that was wrong" and happen to smoke a little around New Years. After just reading the affidavit and reviewing both my wife's and my drug screening to be low riskl dependency she begain to tell us that we don't know anything about being parents and kids don't just act out like this and the only reason it was said to be a lie is because my daughter didn't realize what she had done so just said it was a lie thinking it would go away, she also stated that we needed to learn the dangers of pot and that we was bad parents and that pot is a gate way drug a d causes holes in the brain and ordered both of our children out of our home and could only see them under supervised visits, this is in addition to drug classes, out patient rehab, parenting classes and so forth. How in the hell does this seem to be a solution to a teenage child acting out? Is there any action to take against her Ruling?
Before anyone goes and gets up in arms about us using pot occasionally, it was never around our children and not very often.
Dopey

Tyler, TX

#2 Mar 4, 2013
Quit smoking pot dopehead. Your kids know you do it.
Manwhospeakstrut hs

Tyler, TX

#3 Mar 5, 2013
The only thing wrong with smoking weed is that it is illegal, no matter how many times you do it a year. If you can find a way around that, then yeah, I'd say file an appeal! Otherwise, it sucks bro. Lesson here, if you smoke weed and have kids, don't smoke weed.
But take solace in the fact that the only reason "the man" is hard on potheads is because it is easy money. Mostly because of the fact that potheads usually have a good paying job, a family to get back to, and much more to lose than your average meth-head who robs people for dope-money and has nothing tangible (no monetary or physical belongings) for the police to take from them. Look it up. True Story.
Scared

Tyler, TX

#4 Mar 5, 2013
Manwhospeakstruths wrote:
The only thing wrong with smoking weed is that it is illegal, no matter how many times you do it a year. If you can find a way around that, then yeah, I'd say file an appeal! Otherwise, it sucks bro. Lesson here, if you smoke weed and have kids, don't smoke weed.
But take solace in the fact that the only reason "the man" is hard on potheads is because it is easy money. Mostly because of the fact that potheads usually have a good paying job, a family to get back to, and much more to lose than your average meth-head who robs people for dope-money and has nothing tangible (no monetary or physical belongings) for the police to take from them. Look it up. True Story.
Before I go on this tirade, let me make it clear that I AGREE that marijuana should be decriminalized. And I have to agree, laws against marijuana basically make money for lawyers, the way lowering the legal blood alcohol level to 0.8 does. However...

What's "wrong" with smoking pot? It's no more "wrong" than drinking beer. That said--1. Increased risk of lung cancer from inhaling carcinogens in the marijuana and in the additives that are usually there. 2. MEASURABLE cognitive impairment in even in persons who only use it occasionally. 3. It is not really a "treatment" for most of the medical problems pot-heads claim it helps. So users often substitute "medical marijuana" for a variety of medical and mental illness instead of getting adequate treatment. I would conclude that smoking marijuana is bad for people, but so is alcohol, which is perfectly legal.

And, like it was stated in other posts--It is still ILLEGAL here. That means that morality-Nazis like Clark can use their positions as bully-pulpits to beat you to submission, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Trying to appeal your case will be expensive and probably futile. It will be less cost and trouble at this point to jump through her hoops, stay out of trouble, and keep the H3!! away from her courtroom, if possible.
Wrong_30jj

Haslet, TX

#5 Mar 6, 2013
I completely agree and understand the wrong in the use of the "drug" however those calling us or any others that have ocassianlly used it gives you or no one else to give negative judgment against us or our parenting. We are both very hard working, tax paying red blooded American folks that have made a bad choice and we do not differ from anyone else that has broken a law that does not effect others! I do believe that our best and easiest plan is to complete her request and get our kids back home and yes not smoking again has been and will be the first and formost plan of attack!
P.S. NO our children did not know that we smoked pot (a hand full of times in the last 13 years)
Scared

Tyler, TX

#6 Mar 6, 2013
Wrong_30jj wrote:
I completely agree and understand the wrong in the use of the "drug" however those calling us or any others that have ocassianlly used it gives you or no one else to give negative judgment against us or our parenting. We are both very hard working, tax paying red blooded American folks that have made a bad choice and we do not differ from anyone else that has broken a law that does not effect others! I do believe that our best and easiest plan is to complete her request and get our kids back home and yes not smoking again has been and will be the first and formost plan of attack!
P.S. NO our children did not know that we smoked pot (a hand full of times in the last 13 years)
So how did you end up in Judge Clark's court? How did anyone even find out that you were smoking pot?

I'm not asking just because I am nosy. Others might want to know what kinds of things can get parents into trouble with CPS when there are no other problems at home.
Wrong_30jj

Haslet, TX

#7 Mar 6, 2013
Because of an accusation told at school "nothing to do with pot" and the school called CPS! Keep in mind the accusation was fuled by anger and has been admitted to be untrue, however because we didn't know better we submitted to UAs and being we smoked pot during a recent gathering that we both attended without our children, we tested positive for THC.
Wrong_30jj

United States

#8 Mar 7, 2013
The best way to keep them out of your lives is to not do drugs!!!!
Joe

Tyler, TX

#9 May 8, 2013
Judge Clark knows so much about raising children because she has raised...wait, she doesn't have any children.

This woman has done more to destroy families that anyone else in the history of Smith County. Why do the voters keep putting her back on the bench? Why won't anyone run against her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lindale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clint Yeatts? (Sep '11) Nov 28 Debam1356 19
James Kevin Mayberry (Sep '12) Nov 27 in the loop 8
Tyler, Texas (Smith County) cover-up/murder (Apr '15) Nov 26 Amymo 9
Joe Gorman (Aug '12) Nov 26 grandmasnot2low 3
News Smith County Jail Inmate Found Dead in Cell (May '07) Nov 26 grandmasnot2low 147
Justice Denied the Victim (Apr '13) Nov 25 Akeesha 9
Neal Barton's Opinion (Nov '09) Nov 23 Franko 36

Lindale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lindale Mortgages