Atheism book found in home linked to fire suspect

Feb 24, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Topeka Capital-Journal

Investigators have seized books on demons and atheism as well as rifles and knives from in a home linked to one of the men charged with setting an east Texas church on fire and suspected in a string of similar blazes.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of158
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
pop quiz

Trussville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

I think it is time for Americans to treat atheists like the Taliban.
Atheists are terrorists.
redneck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

Why is alabama the home of so many hateful people?
NotBuyingIt

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

"Investigators have seized books on demons and atheism"

lol - demons and atheism.

so they were book about not beleiving demons exist then...

*sigh*
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

pop quiz wrote:
Atheists are terrorists.
You got it backwards. Our prisons are filled with low IQ god believers. The war on terror is a war against lunatic god believers. You obviously have a low IQ as well so it's no wonder you still hold a world view based upon supernatural magic.

“Your a daisy if ya do!”

Since: Feb 10

Grand Saline

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

LOL I dont think it matters what kind of books these guys read. The fact of the matter is they are evil! They need to be punished. I hope they rot in HELL.
P Smith

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

When a godbot molests or kills children, or an anti-woman nutcase murders someone (e.g. Scott "Rodent" Roeder) or blows up a clinic with a bomb (e.g. Eric Rudolph) the media bend so far backwards to avoid any mention of their religion that they fall over, en masse. And yet, a nutcase owns a book with "atheist" in the title, and that is the first thing mentioned amongst other far more important details.

Even *if* the idiots in question in this case were atheists - which is unlikely - it is not at all surprising to see the hypocrisy of the religious. There are thousands of instances of godbot wife beaters, godbots who molest children, godbots who murder, godbots who rape, godbots who steal, godbots who lie, etc., and yet when they are caught, other godbots will immediately say, "He's not a 'true christian'!" Meanwhile, one alleged "atheist" commits a crime, and immediately the godbots falsely assert that he represents all atheists.

I thought bearing false witness was a sin...oh wait, that's right, they can lie all they want as long as they're "doin' it fer jeeezus!!!!" How unsurprising. How christian and hypocritical of them...or put another way, how hypochristian of them.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

P Smith wrote:
When a godbot molests or kills children, or an anti-woman nutcase murders someone (e.g. Scott "Rodent" Roeder) or blows up a clinic with a bomb (e.g. Eric Rudolph) the media bend so far backwards to avoid any mention of their religion that they fall over, en masse. And yet, a nutcase owns a book with "atheist" in the title, and that is the first thing mentioned amongst other far more important details.
Even *if* the idiots in question in this case were atheists - which is unlikely - it is not at all surprising to see the hypocrisy of the religious. There are thousands of instances of godbot wife beaters, godbots who molest children, godbots who murder, godbots who rape, godbots who steal, godbots who lie, etc., and yet when they are caught, other godbots will immediately say, "He's not a 'true christian'!" Meanwhile, one alleged "atheist" commits a crime, and immediately the godbots falsely assert that he represents all atheists.
I thought bearing false witness was a sin...oh wait, that's right, they can lie all they want as long as they're "doin' it fer jeeezus!!!!" How unsurprising. How christian and hypocritical of them...or put another way, how hypochristian of them.
What else would you expect from the bible zombies in Topeka?
P Smith

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

By the way, the *ahem* "writer" of that trash, Danny Robbins, works for the Fort-Worth Star Telegram newspaper in Texas.

If you'd like to let your feelings be known about his tripe (e.g. "Why don't you mention buybulls being found in the houses of people who blow up abortion clinics?"), feel free to write as I have.

http://www.star-telegram.com/contact/

Just remember to keep it clean and polite. Don't give the liars and propagandists any ammunition; if he claims you sent a hate-email, let his claim be a lie, like his "news".
nina

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

um, funny how they ignore the demon book and more importantly, the weapons
the graffiti left in the stall - the upside down cross - has nothing to do with atheism
that he left that graffiti seems like he was wanting to be caught or stopped
so perhaps the atheist book was him looking for a way out?
gee, were there cookbooks in the house? a dog training guide perhaps?
Pete-o

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

They also found three bibles in the house.
And by the way, they are suspects and have not been convicted of the crime yet.
P Smith

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Pete-o wrote:
Go tell that to the media speaking them as "convicted atheists" - not literally, but they're certainly making the insinuation of it.

“Your a daisy if ya do!”

Grand Saline

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

Pete-o wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can tell you arent from around here. These boys are as good as dead!!
nina

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

3 bibles and they don't get nary a mention
Pete-o

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

PowerStroke250 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can tell you arent from around here. These boys are as good as dead!!
I'm from America, where you innocent until proven guilty, I don't know where you from.

“Your a daisy if ya do!”

Grand Saline

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from America, where you innocent until proven guilty, I don't know where you from.
Im from the same town that this P.O.S. was aprehended. Grand Saline, Texas. It doesnt matter what the laws read when it comes to things like this around here I can promise you that. Because most of us know that our Judicial system like most places are just as coorupt as anything else and for that reason alone I say we skip the trial and just hang em up from a tall tree downtown so that everybody can see what happens when you burn Churches in Texas.
Pete-o

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

PowerStroke250 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im from the same town that this P.O.S. was aprehended. Grand Saline, Texas. It doesnt matter what the laws read when it comes to things like this around here I can promise you that. Because most of us know that our Judicial system like most places are just as coorupt as anything else and for that reason alone I say we skip the trial and just hang em up from a tall tree downtown so that everybody can see what happens when you burn Churches in Texas.
I would take a somewhat more Constitutional approach, which would mean they receive a fair trial have the evidence presented as to whether they did it or not. The jury then decides.

Let me ask you this, what if they are innocent?

Would you have remorse for murdering innocent people?

You would probably like another country that does things the way you suggest, which would be Iran, or maybe Saudi Arabia. Their laws seem more a fit for you. Me, I'd rather use the system that has worked (there have been problems), for 200 years.

Pardon me but you sound like a member of the lynch mobs of the old South, stringing up Black people, no matter if they are guilty.

“Your a daisy if ya do!”

Grand Saline

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take a somewhat more Constitutional approach, which would mean they receive a fair trial have the evidence presented as to whether they did it or not. The jury then decides.
Let me ask you this, what if they are innocent?
Would you have remorse for murdering innocent people?
You would probably like another country that does things the way you suggest, which would be Iran, or maybe Saudi Arabia. Their laws seem more a fit for you. Me, I'd rather use the system that has worked (there have been problems), for 200 years.
Pardon me but you sound like a member of the lynch mobs of the old South, stringing up Black people, no matter if they are guilty.
I am a memeber of commonsence. You dont have to study the facts to much to figure out thier guilty. The system that you are refering to has long been out of existance. Example Michal Jackson! Everybody knew he did those things to those children but yet he walked free. Their are millions of other examples like that I pointed that one out because I am fairly certain you were familliar with it. Anyways back to the subj. I am not for lynch mobs but I am for harsher punishments. If officials have evidence that proves your guilty of burning Churches then string their ass's up. No need to waste time and money on a trial that we all here know is going to lead to them going to prison for the rest of their lives. So that they can live off the American tax money.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Here's the first chapter of The Atheist's Way, the book in question. I see nothing in it that would lead anyone to any form of violence or even justify such a course. Frankly, I suspect the book was picked up on a whim and never read or taken seriously.

http://www.theatheistsway.com/read_aw.html

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

pop quiz wrote:
Atheists are terrorists.
You don't even want to go there, Skippy.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

PowerStroke250 wrote:
I hope they [atheists] rot in HELL.
We know, Christian. That's all you do. That, and rot in Grand Saline, ya hick.(Grand Saline. LOL.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of158
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lindale Discussions

Search the Lindale Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 min fubar 21,162
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 16 min fubar 16,805
Sherriff Larry Smith vs. Joel Baker: Round Two 4 hr Reddy Kilowatt 2
how to get my cousin to sleep with me (May '13) 12 hr JewCeCe 33
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 19 hr David 640
Unhappy Sellers Leaving Ebay (May '13) Thu EbayRevealed 36
Tyler Texas Rose Festival Jul 10 Tyler Texas Rose Festival 1
•••
•••
•••
Lindale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••