NC Pastor Wants To Build Electrified ...

NC Pastor Wants To Build Electrified Fence To Contain, Starve And Ultimately Kill Gays

There are 1080 comments on the www.towleroad.com story from May 21, 2012, titled NC Pastor Wants To Build Electrified Fence To Contain, Starve And Ultimately Kill Gays. In it, www.towleroad.com reports that:

In a sermon blasting President Obama for his same-sex marriage support, Pastor Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, North Carolina, offered a novel - and horrific - solution to the so-called gay scourge: build an electric fence and let "lesbians, queers and homosexuals" starve to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.towleroad.com.

First Prev
of 54
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#1330 Jun 4, 2012
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense to me! People who are not gay and not in denial don't usually speak like that guy!
I noticed the same behavior.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1331 Jun 4, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed the same behavior.
need to go ahead and come on out! They'll feel better. Lying wears your conscience out!!

Location hidden

#1332 Jun 4, 2012
They are talking about gays and religion on Dr. Drew

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#1333 Jun 4, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
just pointing out how twisted your sexual lifestyle is.
Most likely your mom has engaged in some kind of anal sex, as well as your dad. I figure you're a virgin.

Panorama City, CA

#1334 Jun 4, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
it's centers around them having sex with another man..
What's it to you?
Seriously...

Panorama City, CA

#1335 Jun 4, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
that is. Damn man according to the avatar picture, there's no way that could be a woman.
Con dumbs can't tell the difference between men and women because con dumb men and women look the same.

Panorama City, CA

#1337 Jun 4, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
I think female/female is wrong as well.
An act has to involve a non consenting party to be wrong.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#1340 Jun 5, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
An act has to involve a non consenting party to be wrong.
two big churches that oppose marriage between two persons of the same sex who care for each other and want to commit to each other - Mormons and Catholics - are the same churches that protect pedophiles. the Mormons helped fund the opponents of gay marriage during the referendum in California. When the Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints Church leaders were arrested, and some of the women and children taken away from the cult headquarters, for their own protection, high up Mormons said two things about this: 1) those folks are not the same as us Mormons, and 2) those folks were being persecuted on account of their religion. The issue was statutory rape of young women, and also plural marriage. Mormon highups were willing to protect that, when done by a related (but not the same) church. The Catholic hierarchy fought against lawsuits accusing priests of pedophilia, even on grouns of the statute of limitations - even if the charges were true, the lawyers for the Catholic Church said time was up and the offenders had gotten by with it and could not be made to pay (AND NEITHER COULD THE CHURCH). I think they lost most of those cases.

Since: Apr 12

Englewood, CO

#1341 Jun 6, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
Weirdo..
That_Dude

New Castle, DE

#1342 Jun 6, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're a f*cking retard who needs to know his place. It isn't the problem of gay people that you're a d-bag who can't grasp the simple concept of live and let live. You can continue to be a f*cking chimp. It's your right as a human being. Just stop pretending you can throw your views on others and impose them like they're so great when they're clearly not....A**holes, I swear. Breathing all of my air and sh*t. Ha.
Pay Taxes

Mount Holly, NC

#1346 Jun 7, 2012
Do away with all the gods we worship and the world would be not at war.

Location hidden

#1347 Jun 7, 2012
That_Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Then you're a f*cking retard who needs to know his place. It isn't the problem of gay people that you're a d-bag who can't grasp the simple concept of live and let live. You can continue to be a f*cking chimp. It's your right as a human being. Just stop pretending you can throw your views on others and impose them like they're so great when they're clearly not....A**holes, I swear. Breathing all of my air and sh*t. Ha.
I agree with you 98%!! But do we really have to use the word ret**d? There is no point in using this word to tell someone they're stupid. I support you 100% if you are gay, but I am a mom of a special needs child, and I find it extremely hurtful.
Ronald Goetz

San Diego, CA

#1349 Sep 17, 2013
Liars? Hardly. Please check the KJV. You will find that two "men" are specified. But please look at the context.
Destruction of Sodom.(Luke 17:29-30)
Two men in one bed.(Luke 17:34)
Two women grinding in the same place.(Luke 17:35)
"Men" is the logical parallel for "women." It was Bruce Metzger, who was prejudiced against homosexuals, who introduced the change, starting with the RSV. For a more complete discussion, check my blog:
http://biblethumpingliberal.com/2011/07/03/an...
angel

Lenoir, NC

#1351 Sep 17, 2013
I see no use to keep this forum dragging on and on. It was plain and simple in the "WHOLE" message that he was preaching on that day. All you haters of gays or preachers whichever side you are on, are always going to complain about something. LISTEN TO THE WHOLE SERMON and not the 15 minutes of fame version.
Rev. Charles Worley is a GOD fearing and loving man of ALL HUMAN BEINGS ! YOU ALL WOULD KNOW this if you would just take the time to hear his WHOLE VERSION of that one particular sermon.
Shame on all of you out there that hates others.
Even if you think Rev. Worley hates you, which he does not, just remember only one thing out of this whole matter...GOD LOVES YOU! Judging others is GODs job. My 2 cents worth.

Los Angeles, CA

#1352 Sep 20, 2013
angel wrote:
I see no use to keep this forum dragging on and on. It was plain and simple in the "WHOLE" message that he was preaching on that day. All you haters of gays or preachers whichever side you are on, are always going to complain about something. LISTEN TO THE WHOLE SERMON and not the 15 minutes of fame version.
Rev. Charles Worley is a GOD fearing and loving man of ALL HUMAN BEINGS ! YOU ALL WOULD KNOW this if you would just take the time to hear his WHOLE VERSION of that one particular sermon.
Shame on all of you out there that hates others.
Even if you think Rev. Worley hates you, which he does not, just remember only one thing out of this whole matter...GOD LOVES YOU! Judging others is GODs job. My 2 cents worth.
Nothing says lovin' like locking people up so that they will die.
Worley's a big eater. So, why doesn't he slit his own throat?
"If you are a big eater, put a knife to your throat;" Proverbs 23:2
angel

Ellenboro, NC

#1353 Sep 20, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing says lovin' like locking people up so that they will die.
Worley's a big eater. So, why doesn't he slit his own throat?
"If you are a big eater, put a knife to your throat;" Proverbs 23:2
I always read the question from most negative people speaking about the Bible," Why does every christian always turn to the scriptures from the Bible to make a point about something?"
So notice I did not post any scriptures above.
It seems you want to hear more of the Bible quotes, so I will gladly share with you too.
Same Book and same Chapter you have given only keep reading down a few more verses.#9 in particular.
lol

Morganton, NC

#1354 Sep 21, 2013
good comeback angel, some can twist the bible to say anything, seems you have stepped on someones anger button. I will give you a brilliant mark to go with their clueless and nut because your reply is not spam of course, that is just to get it deleted maybe. lol wtg

Los Angeles, CA

#1355 Sep 21, 2013
lol wrote:
good comeback angel, some can twist the bible to say anything, seems you have stepped on someones anger button. I will give you a brilliant mark to go with their clueless and nut because your reply is not spam of course, that is just to get it deleted maybe. lol wtg
Twist? What does "If you are a big eater, put a knife to your throat;" mean? Worley looks like a big eater. Shouldn't he slit his own throat? When it comes to punishing others, seems Christians love to quote the bible, but when it comes to their own behavior...:::crickets chirping:::

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1357 Oct 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Twist? What does "If you are a big eater, put a knife to your throat;" mean? Worley looks like a big eater. Shouldn't he slit his own throat? When it comes to punishing others, seems Christians love to quote the bible, but when it comes to their own behavior...:::crickets chirping:::
Nail on the Head right there Rose.

Panorama City, CA

#1358 Oct 2, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nail on the Head right there Rose.
Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 54
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any one else hear about Jeremy Sextons gay affair? Aug 23 Hate he got caught 3
News 3 arrested on crack cocaine charges Updated at Aug 13 Sick of Lincoln 1
trucking (Mar '09) Jul '16 Carolinaboy77758 7
Real Life Community Church (Jan '16) Jul '16 martha 6
Lincolnton PD corruption or just idiots (Nov '15) Jul '16 Bob Thomas 8
The system is rigged Jul '16 Political genius 1
News Gaston County teacher accused of soliciting min... (May '15) Jul '16 Demented _Mind 7

Lincolnton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincolnton Mortgages