Cassie

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

I'm on the edge of Maiden. About an hour ago I heard something like thunder then it shook my whole house! Not a storm.was told it was heard in maiden and all the way to hwy 16 near the mtn.
me too

Ellenboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

I was in bed and it felt like the side of my house actually had moved the walls in on me. Scared me lying there. Something like an explosion after shock. Anyone else think it felt like that?
I live on west 27, Lincoln County.
ditto

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

me too wrote:
I was in bed and it felt like the side of my house actually had moved the walls in on me. Scared me lying there. Something like an explosion after shock. Anyone else think it felt like that?
I live on west 27, Lincoln County.
If you don't think it was thunder; it wasn't an earthquake either; nothing from the atmosphere (as in meteor), it had to be "maybe" lightening that may have struck a huge tree. Reason I say this, it happened here twice and it was a huge noise and shook our house and did sound like a big bomb. It split the tree in half.

Since: Jun 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

This was heard and felt all over the eastern US...it was a meteor.
ditto

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Godless American wrote:
This was heard and felt all over the eastern US...it was a meteor.
The noise and what you felt was not all over the Eastern US at one time. You know muskets filled with enough gun powder will cause explosions like these that are heard for miles away. They will also cause your home to shake. The New Years Shooters fire away here the day before New Years and all day New Years day; only to keep evil spirits away. Seems it has helped over the years. No, no meteor, no earthquake, possibly sonic booms. Has anyone ever heard those? I have and they will shake your home and sound like a huge explosion and some do keep on like a ripple effect.

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

ditto wrote:
<quoted text>
The noise and what you felt was not all over the Eastern US at one time. You know muskets filled with enough gun powder will cause explosions like these that are heard for miles away. They will also cause your home to shake. The New Years Shooters fire away here the day before New Years and all day New Years day; only to keep evil spirits away. Seems it has helped over the years. No, no meteor, no earthquake, possibly sonic booms. Has anyone ever heard those? I have and they will shake your home and sound like a huge explosion and some do keep on like a ripple effect.
It was all over the news the morning after.....reports from as far away as Ohio...so that must've been one hell of a musket.
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Godless American wrote:
<quoted text>
It was all over the news the morning after.....reports from as far away as Ohio...so that must've been one hell of a musket.
You know? We didn't hear anything here AT ALL, so maybe you are hearing things.....maybe? Maybe that man above is working on your ears??

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

dorky1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know? We didn't hear anything here AT ALL, so maybe you are hearing things.....maybe? Maybe that man above is working on your ears??
Dumb answer...so I suppose your imaginary friend above is also making thousands of other people hear things?
I think not.
Can't your almighty deity muster more than just a boom these days?
Sounds like he is losing his power. smh.
dirty old man

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

I think I know what it was...I took the meanest baddest sh*t this morning. I ate dam tacos last night. You think that's what you heard?
Exorcist

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

dirty old man wrote:
I think I know what it was...I took the meanest baddest sh*t this morning. I ate dam tacos last night. You think that's what you heard?
No, I left my Bic lighter up your ass after I fisted you last night. My apologis for the hot time!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min Waco 1909 58,121
I seen a black bear in Maiden Aug 17 Tammy 12
cmc lincoln sucks Aug 10 you fool 4
House of Hope - Friday Family (Apr '13) Aug 6 WindsOfLove 7
grant this wish? Aug 5 question 1
City Lunch in Lincolnton, NC (Aug '13) Aug 3 hey 22
NC woman charged with embezzlement Aug 1 Josh 1

Search the Lincolnton Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lincolnton Jobs

•••