First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy Henry

Saint Cloud, FL

#21 May 23, 2010
You are correct!! I did not like the place either!!! Not going back!!!
Bob

Charlotte, NC

#22 Jun 15, 2010
Can't believe the negatism of some of you people. Obviously you are quite uneducated and not very well traveled or learned of Lincoln County and the rich heritage, not to mention the wine, Winery and staff. I have been to wineries all over and worked with many establishments and have yet to work with a necer nore careing group than Cathy and Larry and the rest of the staff. Those of you who are so negative need to get a grip
Sandy

Lincolnton, NC

#23 Jun 16, 2010
I like the winery downtown. It is a much nicer place!
Big Sully

United States

#24 Jun 16, 2010
I did enjoy the wine, but I am hard pressed to judge how people interact with others.

Any time I've ever been to a wine tasting I get the same treatment.

It starts with an unpleasant look.... In an instant, I get the "This guy doesn't want to taste anything but a buzz- He's trying to get drunk here"

and I get poured three drops.

Normally, I ask to speak to someone else, and immediately buy a half of a case from them.... just to leave the glass walled, rock chucker to stand there and kick himself for judging me.

Once I get discovered as someone that didn't just leave my bottle of airplane glue looking for a bottle of wine, a funny thing happens- The 'judger' tries to kiss my rear-end hoping to make another sale. Then (as I ignore him) he feels what it's like to be judged-

After going to five or so wine tastings, I realized.... I just like wine.... not the people that sell it.
cheers!
John

Lincolnton, NC

#25 Jun 16, 2010
Bob wrote:
Can't believe the negatism of some of you people. Obviously you are quite uneducated and not very well traveled or learned of Lincoln County and the rich heritage, not to mention the wine, Winery and staff. I have been to wineries all over and worked with many establishments and have yet to work with a necer nore careing group than Cathy and Larry and the rest of the staff. Those of you who are so negative need to get a grip
Thats a fair opinion if you arent just saying that because they are friends or something.

But me personally, I am not rich enough nor am I poor enough to fully engage in everything that Lincoln County has to offer. As I have said before I feel that West Lincoln and East Lincoln are two totally different places when compared.

I dont have the money to put in our 30 Plus Banks and I certainly dont find myself shopping at the Goodwill every day either. It seems like every building in Lincolnton is "Historic" when really its just an excuse not to tear it down to build something better.

Recently, the board who decides on historic houses came down to my Grandfathers house to ask where a certain landmark was because they needed to put up a plaque....the place they wanted had been burned down ages ago. Even if they had the "wrong address" its cerainly reflects poorly on the research put into perserving a so-called Historical House.

But all of that is petty and beside the point. If people here were treated badly or did not enjoy their time there they shouldnt have to "get a grip". When you get poor service at what ever upscale eating places you eat at...do you complain? or do you just get a grip?

Again, being friends with the owners or being a current employee does not reflect the treatment of an average customer. Be it positive or negative.

I personally believe that any winery is just not warranted here. This town is soo backwards at times. We have Winerys and Lots of Banks but the stores we have to shop in are second hand and the resturants of quality just dont exist.
Mother of the Bride

Lincolnton, NC

#26 Oct 15, 2010
This IS a beautiful place to get married. You have a choice of a lovely pavillion or one of a couple of areas under huge gorgeous old oak trees to say your vows. There is a large banquet hall and prep area for caterers that is spotless and lovely. True, it is not the country club. Look in most wedding magazines and you will find the trend is going toward quaint personalized locations that you can put your own stamp on. This place fits that bill perfectly.

The online pictures do not do it justice, go see for yourself. I have spoken to the owners on mulitple occasions and every time they have been more than gracious and very helpful! There was nothing remotely "redneck" about our experience there and I would recommend it highly to anyone....my daughter happens to be getting married there.

Take a tour, give them a call. Judge for yourselves. We can't wait!!!!
Amanda

Scotland Neck, NC

#30 May 9, 2011
I have been to Woodmill several times and never had a bad experience, and I have been there when it was both very busy and very quiet. Each time the owners were very nice and welcoming and always encouraged us to come back with picnic basket in tow and spend the day on their property.

While it is in the middle of nowhere, the views of the property are lovely and you feel secluded, not remote. It is only a short 20 or 30 minute drive to Hickory, NC.
Mother of the Bride to be

Newton, NC

#32 Aug 29, 2011
We have just scheduled our daughters wedding there for 2011. We have been members of a Country Club, but our daughter wants something outdoorsey and rustic. The place is beautiful, and the staff is great to work with. We are really looking forward to the wedding and reception at their facility!
Bob

United States

#36 Sep 1, 2011
When I was young, they would have chased a place like this out of town for being a bad influence and promoting moral decay and alcoholism. And let's face it people, that is what it does.

I remember hearing my sister say their church group was going there. I told her they just as well save up their money and hit a crack house and a whore house too just to give themselves a broader outlook while they're trying to decide which road to hell has better scenery.
Jason

AOL

#39 Sep 2, 2011
Woodmill Winery is just a place for a bunch of middle class rednecks to hang out and get drunk while pretending to have some real class. It's as fake as could be and that's all there is to it. They're all wannabe's. Muscadine wine is so great...if I'm driving all the way to Cat Square, I want to come home with some real Cat Square KoolAid (white liquor), not watered down, rotten grape juice. The girls getting married there are maxing out their credit cards paying for a wedding that they can't afford and don't need when they should be paying off bills or making a down payment on a house and future together. Instead, they will be divorced, within a year or two because of fighting over all the bills they owe due to overspending on a fake a$$ wedding in the boondocks of west Lincoln, they couldn't afford to begin with. Save your money folks... it will make life together go a whole lot better when something unexpected pops up and you have the money to cover it without causing a fight. And Cat Square KoolAid beats the he## out of rotten grapes.
Blonde

Morganton, NC

#43 Sep 8, 2011
I am not going there!!!!!!
Wanda

Stanley, NC

#44 Sep 12, 2011
I didn't care for the people that run the joint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
west lincoln high school Jun 30 mcaskey16 1
man arrested Jun 29 rroberta46 1
News Sheriff's office says break-in suspect left wal... Jun 28 Truth Hurts 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) Jun 7 FDG 102
News Gaston County teacher accused of soliciting min... May '15 Bard De Belmont 2
I blame you all. May '15 Huhhhh 2
wrecks on HWY 27 West May '15 concerned 1
More from around the web

Lincolnton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Lincolnton Mortgages