Elderly Woman To Burglar: Read Your B...

Elderly Woman To Burglar: Read Your Bible Instead Of Stealing Medication

There are 8 comments on the CBS Local story from Jun 15, 2012, titled Elderly Woman To Burglar: Read Your Bible Instead Of Stealing Medication. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Even as an elderly couple was the victim of a home invasion during their Bible reading, the elderly woman of the home told the suspected burglar that he should be reading his Bible instead of stealing their medication.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 16, 2012
Proof that religion is useless.
God

Marietta, GA

#2 Jun 16, 2012
Kozzy wrote:
Proof that religion is useless.
And I was just thinking the same thing about you.:)

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 17, 2012
God wrote:
<quoted text>
And I was just thinking the same thing about you.:)
Very clever God.:)
hmmm

Cherryville, NC

#4 Jun 18, 2012
Great calamities foretold in Matthew 24
Matthew 24:42-44
42-Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43-But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44-Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Exodus 22:2
2- IF a thief be found breaking up, and he smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.
In Exodus, the Bible is teaching here Divers laws and ordinances.
It plain as day is saying they could have killed him for breaking in and they would not have to answer for killing the thief.
Jacked UP

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Jun 19, 2012
Why she even judging him or forcing her beliefs on him?

And arent they plenty of stories in that book where stealing is the least thing to worry about?
to hmmmm

Asheville, NC

#6 Jun 19, 2012
hmmm wrote:
Great calamities foretold in Matthew 24
Matthew 24:42-44
42-Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43-But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44-Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Exodus 22:2
2- IF a thief be found breaking up, and he smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.
In Exodus, the Bible is teaching here Divers laws and ordinances.
It plain as day is saying they could have killed him for breaking in and they would not have to answer for killing the thief.
this actually means that no human , not even jesus knows when the conclusion of this system of things is to occur, and in turn compares the coming of the kingdom to a theif in the night which noone knows will come,and tells us to be ready and watch for the signs as jesus concluded would be in his sermon on the mount. it does not in no way give us bible permission to kill a theif for one of the ten commandments is, thou shalt not kill ! if you are going to quote scriptures , please know the meaning of the scripture first . thank you!
lol

Lawndale, NC

#7 Jul 8, 2012
to hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text> this actually means that no human , not even jesus knows when the conclusion of this system of things is to occur, and in turn compares the coming of the kingdom to a theif in the night which noone knows will come,and tells us to be ready and watch for the signs as jesus concluded would be in his sermon on the mount. it does not in no way give us bible permission to kill a theif for one of the ten commandments is, thou shalt not kill ! if you are going to quote scriptures , please know the meaning of the scripture first . thank you!
for curiosity sake I ask a preacher about this comment and that preacher agreed that like hmmm said, "you should not be punished if a thief is in your home and you used a gun or any other measure of killing the thief." So I ask about the "Thou shalt not kill." The preacher responds, " Well, it is sort of like turning the other cheek, and, we only have two cheeks to turn, you know?"

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Jul 12, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
for curiosity sake I ask a preacher about this comment and that preacher agreed that like hmmm said, "you should not be punished if a thief is in your home and you used a gun or any other measure of killing the thief." So I ask about the "Thou shalt not kill." The preacher responds, " Well, it is sort of like turning the other cheek, and, we only have two cheeks to turn, you know?"
Another instance of a Christian working their way around obeying their own rules.
You'll find that this happens everytime someone is asked to explain why....they make excuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Investigation of former detective could jeopard... Dec 9 MeJustMe 10
News 10 in Lincoln County face felony drug charges a... Dec 7 Judy 1
Brent Heavner- where is he? Dec 4 concerned citizen 43
Anthony Huss press conference Dec 4 Citizen 2
News 50th Anniversary (Sep '12) Dec 3 poster 2
Problems with a conspiracy Dec 3 Bee Gee 2
Maiden Weather & Information Page Nov 25 MWI 1

Lincolnton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincolnton Mortgages