How much does it cost you to flush YOUR toilet?

Posted in the Lincolnton Forum

Btchy in Boger City

Harrisburg, NC

#1 Sep 4, 2009
I will have to say that it is absolutely ridiculous what our local government is able to get away with! I have never had a water/sewer bill before so when I moved to Boger City it took some getting used to. I always thought it was a little odd that the bill was issued as of the 1st of the month but late charges started if it wasn't paid by the 10th OF THAT SAME MONTH.
Recently I lost the small square slip that contained the stub for my water/sewer bill. Well the payment slipped my mind for a couple of days and I ended up paying the bill a little late. When I realized how much they were charging me for paying the bill a mere 27 days after it was issued I was furious!
What started as a 36.86 bill turned into 76.86 over the period of 15 days! 40 bucks! Now, this may not seem like a lot to a few, however; during an economic stuggle this amount can mean feeding your family for two days....or well...not.
There has to be something we can do about this. Denver residents that are sitting on county run water and sewer aren't following NEAR as harsh rules or fees! Does anyone feel my pain on this one?
Something stinks

Greenville, SC

#2 Sep 4, 2009
The water is nasty too
amen

Saint Cloud, FL

#3 Sep 4, 2009
well, I hate it happened to you.
just try not to be late again they will say you making a habit of it and cut your water off, then make you pay a hook up fee and all plus the late bill. the power bills are worse also now, so PLEASE! do not whatever you do, be late on them.
YOU WILL pay big time for that mistake also.
locobob

Ellenboro, NC

#4 Sep 13, 2009
Charges the sh1t out of me every time.
john

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Nov 10, 2009
look up "the humanure handbook"...and save alot of money.
gerald

Faison, NC

#6 Nov 10, 2009
If its yellow, let it mellow, if its brown ,flush it down. saves your water bill.
Btchy in Boger City

Harrisburg, NC

#7 Nov 11, 2009
The Humanure Handbook gives new meaning to sh!t on a shingle. Ha ha ha.

The bill itself it understandable; however, the fees are riduculous. I'm also curious how my sewer tends to be more expensive than my actual water....
Ppcjunkie

United States

#8 Nov 25, 2011
What is the average monthly water bill in the city of Lincolnton?
Smitty

Shelby, NC

#10 Nov 29, 2011
The city water is very nasty. I can't even drink fountain drinks from restaurants in town because of the nasty water. Someone should put a stop to it. Nasty. Nasty!!!
mandy

Morganton, NC

#11 Dec 8, 2011
Lincolnton is a shit town so who cares!!!!!!
sammie

Asheville, NC

#12 Dec 8, 2011
Well I've never been on city utilities so never knew they were that high. They are just taking advantage of ppl. I know all city water I have tasted is nasty.I love my well water. Where I live I have my own well n septic system so I only pay for the power which never reaches $100. a month summer or winter. Maybe you should try finding a place out of the city limits if you are renting.
trampler

Lincolnton, NC

#13 Dec 15, 2011
We have not seen anything!!! There will be more hell on the way with another 4 years of a muslum president that has no love for America. Decent people are getting ready. We will not go down easy. Watch and see!!! Republicians have no one!!!!We have no real choice. Lets R U M B L E

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#14 Dec 15, 2011
I USED TO LIVE IN LINCOLNTON AND STILL HAVE FAMILY THERE. YA'LL THINK YOU HAVE IT BAD. I LIVE IN WELCH, WV NOW AND THE WATER HERE SUCKS, CANT EVEN DRINK IT FOR THE MUD IN IT AND THE CITY CHARGES A MANDATORY 70 BUCKS EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE WATER. HAVE A FRIEN THAT HAS A HOUSE IN THE CITY LIMITS THEY DONT EVEN LIVE IN AND JUST SITTING THERE AND THEY CHARGE HER 70 BUCKS A MONTH. NOW OF COURSE I LIVE WITHING THE CITY LIMITS OF WELCH AND NOT ONLY IS MY WATER BILL ALMOST 100.00 OR MORE A MONTH IT IS JUST RIDICLIOUS. I WOULD MUCH RATHER PAY 30 SOME DOLLERS THAN 100 AND SOME.
revealingthetrut h

Lexington, SC

#15 Dec 16, 2011
I calculate about 12cents a flush
Joe

United States

#16 Dec 17, 2011
I don't flush it often. I have a couple of big bushes behind my house and I just hang it out of the winder and let it fly. Ain't nobody sees it but me and it keeps the water bill reasonable.
Bambi

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Dec 21, 2011
Joe, you are a full fledged redneck!!!Must be from Lincolnton!
drained

Cherryville, NC

#18 Dec 26, 2011
I have not counted how many times we flush in a month. Our water is the same amount as our sewer.$1.19 per day is what we pay for water alone for bathing, flushing, washing, everything. The average standard toilet holds 5 gallons, I assume? Flushing the toilet will be double just like everything else, because it does not matter how much water you use, you are charged the same amount for sewer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) 9 hr Truth Hurts 98
I blame you all. Apr 24 Crazy4swayze 1
Sex Drive (Sep '10) Apr 24 sexcaliber 4
Maiden High School Sports Apr 21 Leave town 8
News Man airlifted after head-on collision (Sep '12) Apr 13 Irving 2
trying to find a house to rent in maiden Apr 12 jack 1
The Old Crowell Hospital on Aspen Street. (Sep '11) Apr 11 Boyce W 20
More from around the web

Lincolnton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE