Man accused of sexually assaulting 13...

Man accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old girl

There are 16 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Mar 4, 2011, titled Man accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old girl. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

A 22-year-old Lincoln County man is facing child sex assault charges. Lincoln County sheriff's detectives arrested Raymond Tyler Berry of Iron Station on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

amethyst berry

United States

#1 Mar 6, 2011
I am his 14 year old sister. he wouldnt do that to her. and if there was a chance that he did that 13 year old girl wanted it. she had slepted with other old men . she isnt the brightest teen. they better get a test for her.. IT IS ALL THAT GIRLS FAUGHT MY BROTHER IS IN JAIL...... HE KNOWS BETTER THEN TO MESS WITH A 13 YEAR OLD... I wasnt even aloud to see him because there can be 4 ppl aloud..we drove 8 hours just to see him..now i have to wait 90 days to see him...... that 13 year old needs to get her act together and stop f-ing older men..all she is doing is getting them in troubleee...NOWW how about they say the truth about my brotherrr...Cant believe that girl messed up my brothers life...... i love my brother so much he is a great brother and i miss him..!!!!!!!! I DONT EVEN KNOW THIS GIRL AND I HATE HER... tyler i love u and stay strong I well see u as soon as i can...!!!!:''
gee

Lawndale, NC

#2 Mar 6, 2011
Being 14 yourself you should no by now that NO GIRL ASK FOR IT, not even a 99 year old girl would "ASK FOR IT"...sure you are angry and upset, but this is something that people will never get...NO GIRL ask for it!!... not particularly your brother here but boys should no when a girl says NO it means NO ! Stop means STOP!....If you don't even know this girl, and hate her, then how do you know she sleeps with other old men? See, you are talking out of anger in which is understandable in this case of it being your brother. I am sorry you are having to go thru this but I needed to say that to you and anyone else that reads this forum...another thing also, it is not just her fault, for it takes two to tango. If he is innocent the courts should rule he is innocent. For your sake I hope he is and I will say a prayer for you and the family. Just remember, NO girl ask for it!
Chris Kline

Romney, WV

#3 Mar 6, 2011
hey @gee girls ask for it all the time, no matter the age, because I know plenty of girls that would easily say yes
Taylor Heafner

United States

#4 Mar 8, 2011
You're fourteen years old. You know nothing about the law or whether she "wanted it" or not. At thirteen, the law says no adult male can touch her, otherwise it's considered statutory rape, not necessarily that he had unwilling sex with her. I know your brother, I know he likes younger girls, but I also know that he has a better head on his shoulders than to rape someone. He knows better. I don't think getting on a televised website and pointing fingers and placing blame is the right thing for you to be doing during the trial. Calm down, things will figure themselves out.
gee

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Mar 8, 2011
Chris Kline wrote:
hey @gee girls ask for it all the time, no matter the age, because I know plenty of girls that would easily say yes

duhh, you might want to reread what I wrote above.
GIRLS DO NOT ASK TO BE RAPED !!

The girls you are talking about are surely not "ASKING" to be
"RAPED".

Since: Mar 11

Greenville, SC

#6 Mar 8, 2011
I don't know the guy and I'm not accusing him of anything but he shouldn't be hanging out with a thirteen year old in the first place. This is food for thought, it took me about 3 minutes to figure this out.

Looked im up on facebook, saw a pic of him with this comment: lookeyy theree*(: iloveyuu tylerr♥

I then easily managed to figure out this girl is a freshman in high school. That means she's what 14, MAYBE 15. So he obviously talks to age groups he has no business associating with.
gee

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Mar 8, 2011
It is two charges against him, so the first time was not enough for him. In other words he had two times to think about this before acting on it. Two times he could have just walked away from this child.
Well after this trial and if charged he will be added to the sex offenders list if guilty. Since you seem to know how to go to his facebook page, you should at least report this info to the higher ups for them to watch him and make sure he is not an online pedifile also.
Ama

Boone, NC

#8 Mar 9, 2011
Lets just mention that NO ONE knows the entire story. Girls these days look much older than they are, and act much older than they need to! Young girls lie all the TIME about their age because girls now a days are so boy crazy. I'm not taking sides, but, how can you judge when you were not there? And, who is to say that this young girl did not do something like that? There are so many things that could or could not have happend. And, REGARDLESS of if he did it or NOT, if the girl SAYS anything (lie or truth) who is going to win the case?
I just think that before any one makes accusations, the whole story should be acquired.
I KNOW law enforcement, so I do know that a case like this takes much time and patience. Innocent untile PROVEN guilty. Let's just leave this for the law to decide before judging what you may or may not know.

Since: Mar 11

Denver, NC

#9 Mar 11, 2011
Ama wrote:
Lets just mention that NO ONE knows the entire story. Girls these days look much older than they are, and act much older than they need to! Young girls lie all the TIME about their age because girls now a days are so boy crazy. I'm not taking sides, but, how can you judge when you were not there? And, who is to say that this young girl did not do something like that? There are so many things that could or could not have happend. And, REGARDLESS of if he did it or NOT, if the girl SAYS anything (lie or truth) who is going to win the case?
I just think that before any one makes accusations, the whole story should be acquired.
I KNOW law enforcement, so I do know that a case like this takes much time and patience. Innocent untile PROVEN guilty. Let's just leave this for the law to decide before judging what you may or may not know.
Read my post more carefully. I specifically said I'm not accusing him of anything. I found out I know a cousin of his so I know the story. She was willingly seeing him which is how it happened two days in a row. She was bragging about being with a much older guy at school so he texted her to tell her to stop. Problem was, when he told her she can't be telling people, her dad had her phone so he found out and obviously didn't like it. It went downhill from there. So there's no question he knew how old she was if he was hiding it and come on, we live in this small town. It's not gonna go unknown how old somebody really is
Greg Canipe

Detroit, MI

#10 Apr 24, 2011
I've known Tyler for years and this deff. Doesn't sound like anything Tyler would do he is a smart person and knows better than all these RUMORS... and another thing the way our government works a female can say anything and a guy has no chance with the law not only in sex related cases but also in domestic as well our judicial services are screwed up.. All a female has to do is get mad at her boyfriend and call the cops and say he hit me and he will be arrested on the spot there doesn't even have to be a mark on the girl that's how shitty our law works not saying this girl is lying but I know Tyler and this doesn't sound like him. And why is her parents letting her hangout with older men? Who was watching her? Where is the investigation about this? I'm about to have a little girl in about a month and I can tell u she would never be out with guys 9 years older than her
just me

Casar, NC

#11 May 5, 2011
Greg Canipe wrote:
I've known Tyler for years and this deff. Doesn't sound like anything Tyler would do he is a smart person and knows better than all these RUMORS... and another thing the way our government works a female can say anything and a guy has no chance with the law not only in sex related cases but also in domestic as well our judicial services are screwed up.. All a female has to do is get mad at her boyfriend and call the cops and say he hit me and he will be arrested on the spot there doesn't even have to be a mark on the girl that's how shitty our law works not saying this girl is lying but I know Tyler and this doesn't sound like him. And why is her parents letting her hangout with older men? Who was watching her? Where is the investigation about this? I'm about to have a little girl in about a month and I can tell u she would never be out with guys 9 years older than her
IF I were to be on a jury....I will never buy the line "This is not like him/her." I have family and friends that were raised better and KNEW better to do some things they have done in their life times, including myself in this. I never thought I would do certain things and still today I will go to my grave with these simple things from the past. Forgiven for them, but still the memory will never die...NO ONE thought I could have did them either. So that line don't mean anything to me, expecially these days the ways things are going.
Michele

Bayboro, NC

#12 Jan 15, 2012
First of all there is A BIG difference in STATATORY rape and RAPE.... Maybe people need to look more into what they are talking about before they post there 2 cents in on it... and no offense but there are A LOT of details that were NEVER released in this article that would probably change people's opinions.. I love Tyler to death and EVERYONE has hung out with someone YOUNGER than then at some point... but why isn't anyone taking into consideration why the parents of that girl didn't have more control over where and what she was doing?!? Oh he's an adult so let's blame him.. NO not happening she consented and her parents SHOULD have been more involved on what she was doing than what apparently they were...
Doc

Lawndale, NC

#13 Jan 15, 2012
Lincolnton trash. Where did it all come from? West Va., Tenn., and the low class coon lovers!!!
nunya

United States

#14 Jan 15, 2012
Nobody knos the whole story. The girls parents apparently dropped her off at a party what kind of parents do that? If u ask me they shud be on trial not him
Marty

Inwood, WV

#15 Jan 24, 2017
gee wrote:
Being 14 yourself you should no by now that NO GIRL ASK FOR IT, not even a 99 year old girl would "ASK FOR IT"...sure you are angry and upset, but this is something that people will never get...NO GIRL ask for it!!... not particularly your brother here but boys should no when a girl says NO it means NO ! Stop means STOP!....If you don't even know this girl, and hate her, then how do you know she sleeps with other old men? See, you are talking out of anger in which is understandable in this case of it being your brother. I am sorry you are having to go thru this but I needed to say that to you and anyone else that reads this forum...another thing also, it is not just her fault, for it takes two to tango. If he is innocent the courts should rule he is innocent. For your sake I hope he is and I will say a prayer for you and the family. Just remember, NO girl ask for it!
Btw, few years later. The girl wouldn't allow them to test her back then and a few months later another older man got charged because of her... He is out and doing great. Still sucks he has to have this for no reason .
pissed off

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2017
When it happends to a north Lincoln middle school student by a 51 yr old it takes dss 18 months to investigate wtf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do the family events uptown have to have be... Jul 14 Angelica 1
News New Manufacturing Jobs Coming To Lincoln County... (Oct '11) Jul 14 Hmm 10
News Criminal Charges- 7-12-17 Jul 12 jlom 1
WARNING!! Sex offenders on media sites-LEGAL Jul 10 Let us pray 1
News Firefighter injured battling blaze believed to ... Jul 7 L-Town Native 1
attention!! (Aug '13) Jul 4 jlom 14
News Commissioner Beam announces run for sheriff Jul 3 announcement 4

Lincolnton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance