City plans hearing on chickens

There are 6 comments on the Apr 4, 2012, Lincoln Times-News story titled City plans hearing on chickens. In it, Lincoln Times-News reports that:

Backyard chickens will once again be on the agenda for the Lincolnton City Council at its meeting Thursday night, during which a public hearing on the issue will be conducted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln Times-News.

Ugh

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Apr 5, 2012
I really hope this doesnt pass.

Even a few years ago, here in the city we had neighbors with chickens and roosters that ran around with no cage no nothing and the cops said they couldnt do anything about it.

Which makes me wonder why this even being discussed...

I hope this doesnt result into more and more animals being allowed leading to diseases and outbreaks a like.

I also hope they really set the boundries and what the rules are for those who live next door to those with chickens.

Because its clearly a myth...roosters never shut up.
Do It Right

Morganton, NC

#2 Apr 5, 2012
Hillbillys!!!
Laurie Russell

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Apr 6, 2012
Ugh,
It is unfortunate that the experience you had with chickens in the past was such a negative one. Your neighbors were clearly irresponsible and inconsiderate. I do not blame you for not wanting a repeat of that occurrence.
Diseases are a result of overcrowding and neglect. I can assure you that, when properly cared for, backyard hens and their eggs are far safer and fresher than what you will find in the store.
Furthermore, feral cats that have not been vaccinated along with stray dogs, raccoons and possums are far more likely to spread sickness and disease.
You are correct about roosters. They make a lot of noise. This is why I did not and would not ask for them to be permitted.

Do It Right,
If being a United States Marine, who served her country honorably in electronic intelligence, keeping you and yours safe, earning a Bachelorís degree from Appalachian State University in 3 years and educating herself in sustainable living makes me a hillbilly then...Thank you. I accept your compliment with pride.
badman

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#4 Apr 7, 2012
Lincolnton is the lowest pit of hell you can go.The sheriffs dept is a joke.Call in the mexicans and have a chicken killing=done.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 7, 2012
badman,
Your disdain for Lincolnton is obvious. That makes me think one of two things: 1) Youíre moving or 2) You are going to use that passion to make Lincolnton the kind of place you think it should be.
badman

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#6 Apr 8, 2012
Nope cant fix a pit from hell.Laurie you got chickens running loose? The mexicans and spooks will be there soon.Now Laurie shut the hell up please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I blame you all. Fri Crazy4swayze 1
Sex Drive (Sep '10) Fri sexcaliber 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) Apr 23 Brian_G 97
Maiden High School Sports Apr 21 Leave town 8
News Man airlifted after head-on collision (Sep '12) Apr 13 Irving 2
trying to find a house to rent in maiden Apr 12 jack 1
The Old Crowell Hospital on Aspen Street. (Sep '11) Apr 11 Boyce W 20
More from around the web

Lincolnton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE