Review: Covenant Bible Church

Posted in the Lincolnton Forum

hello

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Yes, I attended this church before; on several occassions. The people that go to this church are weird. I consider them right wing republican whackos. They run around in circles and dance at the same time. They want to have ARMED SECURITY to stand guard. They pass it off as we are protecting the church. No, that's not the case. They are a bunch of lunatics.

Their preacher is weird. He jumps up and down like he is in a damn circus act; "praising the lord". He doesn't know the Bible. A good preacher would. He simply reads from the Bible. He has said some good sermons there while I attended. Im not sure what it's like now. It has been a little over a year since I been there.

I do remember he preached something about "dividing the flock" before. It's simply about gays and homosexuality in the church. Churches have this belief that homos should not be allowed. Churches are evil. I hope science will rid religion FOREVER. At least science offers facts. Religion is, you just HAVE TO BELIEVE. LOL It's a bunch of mind games.

One more thing I noticed about this church. They like to serenade you with music and sing you a "nice" song as they pass the collection plates around. You know, to play your emotions and make you reach in your pocket and put some money in the plate. At the same time you're like why am I doing this. It's like a trance or something. SERIOUSLY!

Just to be brief, I don't like this church. That's why I stopped going. Honestly, some of the best spiritual worship can take place RIGHT IN YOUR HOME. STOP GIVING YOUR MONEY TO A CHURCH THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU. Just remember, a church is a business and the "Word of God" is the product. Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot, the preacher Mike Divine I think is a great guy. I just believe he is clueless. Sometimes you just have to go with those gut feelings. Just try it and see if you like it. It's NOT for me. The people are str8 weird at this church.
hello

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Feb 17, 2013
For the most part I agree
Ronnie

Morganton, NC

#4 Feb 17, 2013
God is real, we all know that!! However I would not attend their either. Seems to be a group of weird people in that church. Mind games would explain it, BEWARE!!
Godless American

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Feb 18, 2013
All churches are weird.
onlyI

Lincolnton, NC

#6 Feb 26, 2013
I write this to the BELIEVERS that came upon this forum as I did and are trying not to flip out at such comments above.

Ephesians 5:6-17
6. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9.(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth:)
10. Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them secret.
13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

The rest of chapter is more interesting so be sure to read it also.
Hello

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Mar 6, 2013
onlyI wrote:
I write this to the BELIEVERS that came upon this forum as I did and are trying not to flip out at such comments above.
Ephesians 5:6-17
6. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9.(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth:)
10. Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them secret.
13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
The rest of chapter is more interesting so be sure to read it also.
So because other people's opinions and views of how something is doesn't line up with yours we are all of a sudden "flipping out" and labeled as "non-believers"? I could give you stuff that would make you listen too. But, you really don't care. Because you would label me as an anti-Christ or a deceiver and etc. Trust me, I know PLENTY of ATHEISTS, and I am not an Atheist but I do ACCEPT the way they look at things, who will put Christian's to shame when it comes to understanding the Bible. It's FULL OF SHIT OKAY? You only here how god is great, full of love, and blah blah blah. If you ACTUALLY read the bible and understand it, God is SICK AS FUCK. I don't believe in the God of the Bible. If that's the God I have to serve then THAT'S A SICK GOD, I refuse to serve a god like that, and if that's what I have to do to serve god then send me to hell. THE BIBLE IS SICK!!!
Hammer

Morganton, NC

#8 Mar 17, 2013
The Bible is true,to bad the wack jobs seem to be at Covenant! God is REAL!!!!
whazzy

Lenoir, NC

#9 Mar 17, 2013
why are you going to churches if you don't like them?
Seems hypocritical to go to one and then run it down.
hello

Lincolnton, NC

#10 Mar 25, 2013
I dont go to it anymore. All churces are a bunch of wackos jobs.
hello

Lincolnton, NC

#11 Mar 25, 2013
I saw them and all religious folks for who they REALLY are. It was just when I needed answers I turned to the church. I was more confused then previously. I just stopped going and FOUND THE ANSWERS MYSELF. Some people need that control in their life. I dont. I do believe some of the best worshipping you will do is in your own private personal time. It's called personal developing or getting to know yourself or know thyself as the anciet Egyptians call it.
Goodbye

Lincolnton, NC

#12 Jul 6, 2013
Hello,
Just because you don't like covenant bible church doesn't mean that it's a bad place. The fact that you feel the need to trash a church so much tells me the problem is in you. If something else works for you then fine do it. Know one is forcing you to go to a Christian church!
Info

Lincolnton, NC

#13 Jul 8, 2013
I found this very amusing. It is obviously not a "review" as the title implies. It is a flame-post which simply serves one individual's desire to flame anything and everything 'religious'.

Anyone who has not read it yet, don't bother.

A "review" usually meets at least two criteria-

1. It's written in such a manner, that it's easy to comprehend. Normally the grammar and spelling is at least on a level that portrays intelligence.

2. It's normally written by someone that has some form of credibility on the topic/subject/interest/place being reviewed.

Neither of the two above criteria were met.
Comment

Hildebran, NC

#14 Jul 16, 2013
I found this amusing as well. Funny thing is no one is called to judge anyone ever. So therefore, if you are judging the way someone is and how they act then your being a hypocrite. The way someone worships, or acts at church is between them and the Lord. Many people worship in many different ways, and it is NOT yours or anyone else's place to judge them for what they do. I have been to Covenant before, and the pastor there is a wonderful man of God. He would bend over backwards for anyone, and give them the shirt off of his back. He loves the lord with all of his heart and is REAL. The problem is this world wants sugar-coated christianty and he tells the TRUTH, so some people think he is WEIRD. Maybe instead of bashing this church, or what they do, you should get to know the people there and the pastor for that matter. He goes out of his way to minister to all kinds of people, no matter their race, or where they have been he shows them love anyway.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 17, 2013
I'd rather have faith and except Jesus as my Lord and Savior and be wrong. Than to live life as a non-believer and be wrong. It's called "Choice", Which is given to all people. Life is full of choices and all choices have consequences. Being a christian doesn't make me right or wrong. It just makes me forgiven. And I thank my God for that. As for Conenant Bible Church, great people that are forgiven as well. Hey Pastor Mike, love ya brother.

Since: Jun 13

Lawrenceville, GA

#16 Jul 21, 2013
Randy60 wrote:
I'd rather have faith and except Jesus as my Lord and Savior and be wrong. Than to live life as a non-believer and be wrong. It's called "Choice", Which is given to all people. Life is full of choices and all choices have consequences. Being a christian doesn't make me right or wrong. It just makes me forgiven. And I thank my God for that. As for Conenant Bible Church, great people that are forgiven as well. Hey Pastor Mike, love ya brother.
Amazingly, even non believers can live good lives, be charitable, be law abiding...etc.
Not sure what needs to be forgiven for that....we live good lives without the need for a eternal "reward".
Once life ends...that's it.
Not believing in God doesn't suddenly make me want to go out and rob, rape or murder.
Morals have nothing to do with religion.
cali7

Cherryville, NC

#17 Jul 25, 2013
Godless American wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazingly, even non believers can live good lives, be charitable, be law abiding...etc.
Not sure what needs to be forgiven for that....we live good lives without the need for a eternal "reward".
Once life ends...that's it.
Not believing in God doesn't suddenly make me want to go out and rob, rape or murder.
Morals have nothing to do with religion.
Godless America.....just think what this world would be like if nobody knew the "Bible", if it was never written and there was never a god. I know there would be a lot of terrible people, if there was any people. My belief is that morals came from the bible. What would you be like if you didn't have any morals?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 hr Donald 60,175
Review: Tool Locker Plus Mon smilea 1
yard sale!!!! Sep 25 thrifty 1
Lincoln man accused of having sex with 11-year-old Sep 21 In the know 22
Division of Workforce Solutions Job Listings Sep 20 movingon 1
Deputies charge man for 2010 breaking and entering Sep 20 movingon 1
City Lunch in Lincolnton, NC (Aug '13) Sep 16 seriously 23

Lincolnton Jobs

Lincolnton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lincolnton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lincolnton

Personal Finance