Man dies in early morning wreck in Catawba County

Sep 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hickory Daily Record

David Franklin Bivens Jr., 43, from Maiden, died at the scene of a one-vehicle wreck on Herter Road, off Blackburn Bridge Road, around 2:38 a.m. Friday, say police.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jun 13, 2014
kinfolk

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Since hearing the news of his death, the thoughts of his moms death in a car accident a while back had resurfaced in my mind. He will be missed by his family and those who knew and loved him. May God rest his soul with his mother. R.I.P cousin David Franklin Bivens, Jr. My prayers to the family for comfort and strength at this time in your life. Sorrow is upon us all.
The Boss

Lawndale, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

2:38 in the morning that about explains it!!
Jazz

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Are you having flashbacks, Kinfolk? get help.
Kinfolk

Hudson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Jazz wrote:
Are you having flashbacks, Kinfolk? get help.
There is a difference between the meaning of "thoughts" and the word "flashbacks". And thanks for the concern Jazz, your kindness really made me feel better in a time of sorrow.
wondering

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

was he really the driver is what I am wondering about. after looking at the photos the passenger would not have been able to have gotten out, but the driver could have OR, am I looking at the photo wrong?
And to "Lefty" above, duhhh, drunk or not, it is still a sad thing to have happened at all.
"Bet" you are wondering what we are going to write on here at topix forums when you die....I have many thoughts on that one.
Anonymous

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Woww. Things happen and people go around runnin their mouth actin like they know everything. You weren't there so don't go making assumptions. Either way it's a tragic that everybody in this family has to deal with. And no matter what nothing can change it all we can do is learn from it. Obviously "wondering" hasn't learned nothin. LIFE IS TOO SHORT. Do me a favor and go love on your family and friends while their still here instead of doin other pointless things. Love you David with all my heart <3 I'll see you again someday
wondering

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

hmmm,
I learned back in 1969 Life is too short.
hmmm,
"Either way?" you say. I guess I got my answer to the question with that one.
R.I.P. David.
gammaqueen

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

What's the time got to do with it??? I work late shifts and take call, so I don't see anything strange about being out late. I have to be all the time.
Family

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

No he was not the driver . The driver was a 18 year underage drinker who tried to cover David's death up by saying David was the driver . David flew from the car before it stopped. They both where drunk & David died less than a mile from his home on herter rd . Neither of them should have got in the car that night !
no excuse

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

There is no excuse good enough for me to let anyone drive drunk. Period!
And covering up for this brother that survived is only letting him think that it is still ok to drink and drive, if you are serious about this being a lie situation.
Sure, he will have to live the rest of his life thinking about this, but, that is not enough punishment for him at all.
Did the younger brother learn his lesson from all this?
NO ONE should drink and drive.
Does this younger brother still drink?
Does this younger brother still drive while drinking?
If yes to the bottom two questions then NO he has not learned his lesson and might not ever. Most who drink and drive, and kill someone will drink even more trying to forget it happened.
Has this younger brother been rehab therapy or have had any treatment since this has happened?
Just reading these post here has me to wonder IF anyone knew EITHER of them was drunk before they got into the vehicle, and WHY they did not stop them both from getting ino the vehicle in the first place. Calling 911 from the house might have prevented this from happening at all.
MADD
Senoir ramiez

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2014

hey man that's one drunk off the road!!
mean people

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Some mean thinkers here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lincolnton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lincolnton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••