First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Disapointed

Decatur, GA

#1 Jul 20, 2008
Saturday 7/19/08
My wife and myself have always enjoyed the seafood plater from lincoln seafood. on this day, when my wife returned home with our food. The 2 seafood platers were a lot less than expected. I had 1 shrimp, 2 oysters, 1 small fish and a whole box of french fries. My wife about the same. I have alway prefered seafood takeout from lincoln seafood but will from now on consider other options. If anyone should order from lincoln seafood. I suggest that you check your order or lack there of prior to leaving. I am truely disappointed.

“NY to NC”

Since: Jun 08

Finger Lakes region NY

#2 Jul 21, 2008
Thanks for the info. We hadn't yet gone there, but this will save us the trip and $. I am a seafood lover myself. Does anyone know of any really great seafood places?
Please- not Tradewinds... we've been there 3 times, each time thinking it can't possibly be as bad as the last time. The orders were wrong every time, we went through the whole meal without ever getting salads or side dishes, and no matter what wine we order, they're out of it- but will offer another brand- for $10-$12 more a bottle. The servers however, have always been very nice and quite apologetic.(probably why we did end up going back a couple times... but never again.)
Tim

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 24, 2008
cabnfevr wrote:
Thanks for the info. We hadn't yet gone there, but this will save us the trip and $. I am a seafood lover myself. Does anyone know of any really great seafood places?
Please- not Tradewinds... we've been there 3 times, each time thinking it can't possibly be as bad as the last time. The orders were wrong every time, we went through the whole meal without ever getting salads or side dishes, and no matter what wine we order, they're out of it- but will offer another brand- for $10-$12 more a bottle. The servers however, have always been very nice and quite apologetic.(probably why we did end up going back a couple times... but never again.)
Try the South Fork Fish camp. I have always been pleased with them. This one time was the only time that i was not happy with lincoln seafood.
oh my gosh

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jul 25, 2008
Fox's on E 27 has the best whole flounder. Jones' on Hwy 16 toward Denver has great seafood also.

“Are we there yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Belmont since 1995 St Pauls NC

#5 Jul 25, 2008
oh my gosh wrote:
Fox's on E 27 has the best whole flounder. Jones' on Hwy 16 toward Denver has great seafood also.
My sister and her family love Fox's Seafood. I haven't eaten there, but my next door neighbor has. So I must plan a visit soon. I'm over in Belmont by the way.
David

Nathalie, VA

#6 Aug 7, 2008
Disapointed wrote:
Saturday 7/19/08
My wife and myself have always enjoyed the seafood plater from lincoln seafood. on this day, when my wife returned home with our food. The 2 seafood pla ters were a lot less than expected. I had 1 shrimp, 2 oysters, 1 small fish and a whole box of french fries. My wife about the same. I have alway prefered seafood takeout from lincoln seafood but will from now on consider other options. If anyone should order from lincoln seafood. I suggest that you check your order or lack there of prior to leaving. I am truely disappointed.
I am from Lincolnton and have been to many seafood restaurants. Captain's Cap in Denver, N.C. or Captain"s Galley in Granite Falls are two excellent restaurants to go to. I however would not reccommend going to either
Jones Fish Camp or Foxe's Fish Camp, unless you have an iron-clad stomach for grease.
David

Nathalie, VA

#7 Aug 7, 2008
I am from Lincolnton and have been to many seafood restaurants. Captain's Cap in Denver,N.C.
or Captain's Galley in Granite Falls, N.C. are two excellent restaurants to go to. I, however would not reccommend Jones Fish Camp or Foxes Fish
Camp, unless you have an iron-clad stomach for grease.
lillyput

Auburn, AL

#8 Aug 22, 2008
You haven't tasted the best ever seafood unless you try eating at Riverside Fish Camp in Dallas on Dallas/Stanley Highway. It is very reasonable and they give you soooo.. much more food than any seafood restaurant I have ever eat at. As a matter of fact my daughter and I can eat plenty off of one seafood platter. Yummy!! They are open Wed, Thurs and Fridays I think.
Try it you'll love it!!!
ricardougalde

West Monroe, LA

#9 Sep 3, 2008
i agree with you about lincoln seafood my girlfriend and i eat there very often and each time we get less on our order
katrina

AOL

#10 Sep 4, 2008
Foxes fish camp is too expensive
Yoshi

Easley, SC

#11 Sep 6, 2008
I originally read this thread a few weeks ago and I thought it was really weird that people from other countys more than 15 mins away are coming to small lincolnton to eat at Lincoln Seafood.

I posted in another thread and I noticed my town under my name is not correct and I am not aware how to fix this. So, I am assuming that you posters either live closer than your town says or you are indeed weird.

I just had Lincoln Seafood last night actually and it was more than enough food and I ate a small half and half. Half Chicken and Half Catfish. And trust me I am a big guy so if a SMALL enough for me then it should be enough for the average person.

I never counted my strips or my fish but I have never noticed a real difference.

I feel that if you are buying something that is consider a "sampler" of course its going to have less food because its a little bit of each thing. If it wasnt then you could buy ONE Sampler and feed a family of 3 or more.

I feel if you live in Lincolnton when it comes to fish and you dont wanna travel that much then you go to Lincoln Seafood if you wanna travel and spend a lot of money then you would go to Foxes. But there is no way I would go to hickory or any of the places that are mentioned under your names.

With Gas Prices and such these days there is simply no logical reason to go so far out of town to eat dinner.

Thats just how I feel obviously people have other places they love to go eat at and thats cool and all but for someone who lives in Lincolnton I shouldnt have to travel to find any food worth anything that goes for shopping as well.

“Are we there yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Belmont since 1995 St Pauls NC

#13 Sep 7, 2008
Where is Lincoln Seafood located exactly? I have eaten at Riverside in Dallas but that was about 16 years ago. Southfork Fish Camp, where is that located? Thanks. I'm over in Belmont by the way.......I usually eat at Catfish Cove which is just about 3 miles South of my home right outside the downtown area of the city.
Yoshi

Easley, SC

#14 Sep 7, 2008
Lincoln Seafood is located in Lincolnton in front of the old JPStevens Mill which is being torn down now.

Its a small little walk in place. You dont dine there you just order.

2121 E Main St, Lincolnton, NC if you use google maps you can use StreetView and actually see the place.

I just personally dont understand If I lived in Hickory (or a place like) I wouldnt come to Lincolnton for seafood esp. considering all the great steak houses and other fish camps they are outside of lincolnton.

Lincolnton has nothing but fast food but not even the good kind of fast food.
Karen

Greenville, SC

#15 Sep 12, 2008
I *think* Southfork Fish Camp burned down...isn't that the one off of Philadelphia Church Road?
I order hushpuppies, french fries & tartar sauce from Lincoln Seafood...$3.00 and it's a meal.
The rest is way too expensive....my brother just got a seafood platter there tonight.
Fox's has been around forever...and is very popular.
Riverview is off of Wilkenson Blvd. in Belmont...now their food rocks!
Fat Belly

Morganton, NC

#18 Oct 3, 2008
Funny that you say that because I just had a motre than enough platter from Lincoln Sea Food
corie

Lincolnton, NC

#20 Oct 16, 2008
cabnfevr wrote:
Thanks for the info. We hadn't yet gone there, but this will save us the trip and $. I am a seafood lover myself. Does anyone know of any really great seafood places?
Please- not Tradewinds... we've been there 3 times, each time thinking it can't possibly be as bad as the last time. The orders were wrong every time, we went through the whole meal without ever getting salads or side dishes, and no matter what wine we order, they're out of it- but will offer another brand- for $10-$12 more a bottle. The servers however, have always been very nice and quite apologetic.(probably why we did end up going back a couple times... but never again.)
i think long creek or north star in dallas is a great place to eat you should try it

“NY to NC”

Since: Jun 08

Finger Lakes region NY

#21 Oct 16, 2008
corie wrote:
<quoted text>i think long creek or north star in dallas is a great place to eat you should try it
Since I posted, we did try North Star in Dallas. The portions were great, and I highly recommend the crab cakes!
Thanks for all the great suggestions.:)
scoot

Simpsonville, SC

#22 Oct 25, 2008
I agree that Riverside Fish Camp in Dallas is worth the trip. They also have Cod fish and it's great white thick fish.. super place.

Lincolnton Seafood is good and bad. But you just don't know what day you're going to get the bad..

Since: Oct 08

Laurens, SC

#23 Oct 27, 2008
no dont go to foxes there food sucks and its way less and way more expensive then lincoln seafood.

Since: Oct 08

Laurens, SC

#24 Oct 27, 2008
Karen wrote:
I *think* Southfork Fish Camp burned down...isn't that the one off of Philadelphia Church Road?
I order hushpuppies, french fries & tartar sauce from Lincoln Seafood...$3.00 and it's a meal.
The rest is way too expensive....my brother just got a seafood platter there tonight.
Fox's has been around forever...and is very popular.
Riverview is off of Wilkenson Blvd. in weBelmont...now their food rocks!
well there you go again yapping your fat jaws about lincolnton, where is fast food good? is that all you think about is the food in lincolnton? leave if you dont like it i think you just want somebody to give you a free meal!!! fat azz!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brent Heavner- where is he? 1 hr A wife 44
Have you seen him? Missing man Jan 18 sadly updated 3
Sheriff Election Jan 17 Poster 7
severe weather alert! Jan 16 Poster 2
Date1 12 Jan 14 Want8inchesin 1
News Lincolnton Chick-Fil-A hearing on city agenda Jan 8 Robin 19
R.I.P Miss N.C., 2001 -Ashley Nicole House (Owen) Jan 2 neighborhood fri... 1

Lincolnton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincolnton Mortgages