Ingles buys site in Boger City, works...

Ingles buys site in Boger City, works on details

There are 10 comments on the Lincoln Times-News story from Jun 11, 2010, titled Ingles buys site in Boger City, works on details. In it, Lincoln Times-News reports that:

Ingles has purchased the former Belding Hausman site, showing promise that the company may still open a store Boger City .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln Times-News.

John

Morganton, NC

#1 Jun 11, 2010
YAY!! Fourth TIME!!!

One part of me is thinking: "Yeah, new owners shouldnt have to be pressured as quick to clean up the mess cause its new to them"

The other part of me is thinking: "You buy the land you buy the problems get it cleaned up!!"

and a thrid tiny part is kind of like...well a big company should be able to clean it up cause they have the resources.

I hate that its going to be just an Ingles, I mean if its like the one in Dallas it will have a gas station, car wash and maybe a Bank as well (thats the three out parcels) but The Lowes Food guy had a plan to bring in Burger King and line up stores to fit inline that could of brought some interesting NEW retail. Oh well...
donna

Denver, NC

#2 Apr 14, 2011
how's the building going? haven't been by there in a while.
John

Belton, SC

#3 Apr 14, 2011
Everything has been cleared off. All buildings.

Gravel has been placed. Grass is starting to grow in the mudded areas. The stone retaining walls were built.

Right now its just trailer...and what appears to be the building materials with the actual machines uses to contruct the store but no store, no frame no nothing yet.

I believe last update was still working out the kinks with the rail road people....but it could have some other deals they are working out making it greener and what not.
Teresa Frary

Morganton, NC

#4 Apr 17, 2012
My name is Teresa i am a manager at kfc right next door ,to the property ,,and they were working on it steady and straight all the way through the demo ,started preping the land then everything came to a halt .. then all of a sudden they started working again but only a few workers ,and nit every day ,then it stopped again ,now !!! someone is periodically doing something but we hardly ever see anyone ,but we see little changes ,showing someone IS doing something,but not very agressively ...We watch it everyday excited for it to start something we are tired of looking at a blank field ,that could have so much going for boger city/lincolnton ,so what ever it's going to be lets just get on with it (oportunity for jobs) even new ones)
Jocko

Stanley, NC

#5 Apr 17, 2012
I really like Ingles, please come on to town. Harris teeter can pack it and run, never have liked that H T store in Newton, mgr was a prick!!!Boger City location prices to high!!
John

Lincolnton, NC

#6 Apr 18, 2012
I dont know this past year they been doing buy a ton of buy two get three free stuff. They geta little picky and do buy 3 get 2 some weeks but you just gotta pay attention to what you are buying.

My family has really stocked up not only on the drinks but bags of hotwings, pizzas and ice cream is always nice to stock up on.

But I dont know if the prices are any different here than any other HT. If and When Ingles opens its not gonna push out any of our Major Three.

The real question is what speciality portion of the store will our Ingles have. I have been to a few different ones. I have seen Movie Rentals built inside the store to Book sections to larger bakerys and eating place.

Its still worrisome that guy who had planed to do a lowes foods already mapped out a place for a Burger King, Gas Station and Bank (because Lincolnton loves their banks). Banks in Lincolnton man...I swear...I actually seen someone comment about how they wish Lincolnton had a Wells Fargo.*Sighs* So, I suppose its always possible another new Bank could come to life.

BTW those plans can still be seen online if you google for Norcom Lincolnton NC.
Smack

Lenoir, NC

#7 Apr 30, 2012
Lincolnton used to be a nice town. It is all just about redneck! Never seen such trashy people staggering around!
Hmm

Lincolnton, NC

#8 Apr 30, 2012
When was Lincolnton a nice town?

If anything it has gotten better with in the last 10 or 20 years. I remember before BB&T was uptown it was basically a yard sale lot full of stolen lawnmowers and other junktastic stuff. How about all the different discount (dented cans and outdated ceral) stores we use to have? Or the lawn statue place where Food Lion use to be before it moved into where Roses was. How about the bowling alley we use to have with the bar connected it? real family fun right there.

If you can ride through lincolnton and think its nothing but rednecks...take a look at every corner and every bank we have. If they are rednecks they are some rich S-O-Bs.
Jesse

Bostic, NC

#9 May 7, 2012
Rich does not make class my friend. Sorry Lincolnton is rather RED!!!!
Rhonda

Lincolnton, NC

#10 May 13, 2012
No Lincolnton is not the same. Many Tn, West Va, rednecks! Some are leaving with the Mexicans! We have our groups and do not go near these people!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputies make arrests in home break-ins Tue poster 1
News Some restaurants hope to take advantage of 'bru... Tue poster 3
Missing Robert Vincent Redmond Mon The Kraken 6
Sheriff's Facebook Aug 19 White Rabbit 4
Shooting on King Wilkinson Rd. Aug 17 poster 1
Jerry's One Stop robbed 8-14-2017 Aug 17 poster 2
News Police: Lincolnton man shot wife in head (May '13) Aug 16 wondering 7

Lincolnton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance