another Bar Grill opening

another Bar Grill opening

Posted in the Lincolnton Forum

WhoWhoOwly

Lawndale, NC

#1 Apr 6, 2011
Seen today as I rode up North Aspen Street that beside of Withers Body Shop they are opening up yet, another Bar & Grill. I had to pay attention to my driving but I think the sign said, "Aspen Bar & Grill".
Hmm

Belton, SC

#3 Apr 8, 2011
Aspen Sports Bar & Grill.

Yeah, that building was empty for awhile and they been working on fixing up the place for about two months maybe.

This one is suppose to be more of a sports bar to my understanding. As the name suggests...named after thes street I would assume as well.

I dont consider it just another bar & grill as it has the sports theme...Zippers seems to be a biker bar...Cheers and Wings I think shows sports and has mud wrestling but its not considered a sports bar (atleast not to me)...

And ofcourse I am refering to just places around Boger City and Main Street Lincolnton...I dont care to go to vale or denver or anywhere like that so I wouldnt know if you were implying another bar and grill in that sense.
WhoWhoOwly

Lawndale, NC

#4 Apr 8, 2011
Don't make me chew my tobacco twice. My post is what it is, so what are you really asking here? I have no clue about anything on the west side by the way, I visit no places with the word "bar" in the titles.
Finn

Belton, SC

#6 Apr 9, 2011
Bar-B-Que King?

Morgan's Dairy Bar & Calf A?

Just kidding, Brother...
WhoWhoOwly

Lawndale, NC

#7 Apr 10, 2011
Finn, to be honest I have not ate at Bar-B-Que King nor ever been to Morgan's Dairy Bar & Calf A either.
jimmy

Denver, NC

#8 Apr 12, 2011
hear the new would-be owner got busted for a DUI so he has issues getting his ABC permits.
jimmy

Denver, NC

#9 Apr 14, 2011
does seem to be lots of work going on over there, so hopefully they get opened up soon. Be nice to have something in that building again.
John

Belton, SC

#10 Apr 14, 2011
Havent heard about the DUI thing ...yeah guess that puts a demper on things doenst it? I notice a police car sitting watching possible speeders like usual in the parking lot today.

But I havent really seen much work in the past few days...I think they redone the whole porch? or powerwashed it maybe? Wonder what the inside looks like.

If it gets open then you gotta hit the advertising hard. Because a lot of new things will be opening near the new super walmart on the main strip and newer visiters might not know where to go for good food or just for food in general.

Have we had a Taste of Lincolnton type thing here?
Dave Andrews

Cherryville, NC

#11 Apr 15, 2011
The Taste of Lincolnton is a great idea John. I know something like that was done a while back as a fundraiser for something or other, and it was held at the YMCA. Be nice to do it similar to what Charlotte does though ... I'm sure that's something that most of us independent restaurant owners would love to get in on ...
Shane

Lenoir, NC

#14 Nov 28, 2011
Does anyone know who the owners name is?
Smitty

United States

#15 Nov 28, 2011
Just another fly by night dive that will be gone as soon as the bank loans get pissed away.
mandy

Bostic, NC

#16 Dec 8, 2011
Glad that L and L closed!!!!! Zippers is worse!
Bob

United States

#17 Dec 9, 2011
Mandy, you sound fat. Do you have an eating disorder?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brent Heavner- where is he? Fri Anotherconcernedc... 28
News Sex offender charged with threatening Lincolnto... (May '16) Fri Anotherconcernedc... 10
News Investigation of former detective could jeopard... Fri YeahYeah 5
News Silver Alert: Missing Lincolnton woman believed... Nov 14 robin 1
News Lincolnton Chick-Fil-A hearing on city agenda Nov 14 lominnc 5
News Lincoln man wins big with scratch-off ticket Nov 9 UsoLucky 1
News Man felt lucky winning $60 on a lottery ticket.... Nov 9 UsoLucky 1

Lincolnton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincolnton Mortgages