Dividing the flock: Issue of whether ...

Dividing the flock: Issue of whether to allow gay pastors proves divisive at many Lutheran churches

There are 781 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Jan 7, 2011, titled Dividing the flock: Issue of whether to allow gay pastors proves divisive at many Lutheran churches. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Whether to stay with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has been a heart-wrenching decision for many local Lutheran churches, driven by a variety issues including its stance on allowing homosexuals to be church leaders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

“II Samuel 1:26”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#21 Jan 8, 2011
Nowhere in the Bible is homosexuality condemned.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#23 Jan 8, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
AND we run a non-profit gay dating service with all the proceeds going to feed the homeless, and clothe the hungry.
:)
You are using a perversion,to feed the homeless,and you think that you are doing GODS WORK?I feel sorry for you.your lack of understanding,is quite obvious. bless you
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#24 Jan 8, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>Good deeds ,will not get you into heaven,my friend.Its in the bible read it!
Oh we got rid of all our old bibles years ago (They were all in German). For years we've been using "Pastor Bob's Poetry & Home Beermakong Guide".

THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#25 Jan 9, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh we got rid of all our old bibles years ago (They were all in German). For years we've been using "Pastor Bob's Poetry & Home Beermakong Guide".
you are a joke.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#26 Jan 9, 2011
AquariusNSF wrote:
Nowhere in the Bible is homosexuality condemned.
That is laughable.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#27 Jan 9, 2011
Where is your reasoning?Can not read?Homosexuals are condemned in the bible.Be them male or female.By tour denying that its not codemned,only will make your burden harder.REPENT!FOR YOUR PERVERSION WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE ON THOSE WHO ARE HOMOSEXUALS.
Mona Lott

Jackson, NJ

#28 Jan 9, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
Where is your reasoning?Can not read?Homosexuals are condemned in the bible.Be them male or female.By tour denying that its not codemned,only will make your burden harder.REPENT!FOR YOUR PERVERSION WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE ON THOSE WHO ARE HOMOSEXUALS.
Did you forget your meds today?
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#29 Jan 9, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>you are a joke.
What ? Now you're going to tell me that God is AGAINST poetry AND beer ???!!!

“II Samuel 1:26”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#30 Jan 9, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>That is laughable.
No. YOU are laughable.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#31 Jan 9, 2011
BAPTIST dude...if there were a Heaven, I doubt bigots would be allowed in either, so you better work on that. I can't see how people are so misguided that they would try to live by the laws of a book that was written back in the dark ages.
Seriously, get a freakin' clue. You are a bigot, plain and simple...and I don't support your "lifestyle".
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#32 Jan 9, 2011
Kozzy wrote:
BAPTIST dude...if there were a Heaven, I doubt bigots would be allowed in either, so you better work on that. I can't see how people are so misguided that they would try to live by the laws of a book that was written back in the dark ages.
Seriously, get a freakin' clue. You are a bigot, plain and simple...and I don't support your "lifestyle".
And i do not support your life style.Now kozzy,you do nor really believe that a practicing homosexual can be a leader in gods CHURCH DO YOU?Just how would they explain to the flock,that being homosexual is not wrong and not a sin,when it plainly in the bible tells us that it is?Why even nature itsef tells you that.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#33 Jan 9, 2011
Attention Lutherans!I am not a baptist,i only use that name in religion matters.Do not the Lutheran church become infested with satan.Some people will laugh,but keep the word of GOD pure,by not letting homosexuals be leaders or preachers in your churches.If you do,you will be turning your backs to god,for chastisement.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#34 Jan 9, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>And i do not support your life style.Now kozzy,you do nor really believe that a practicing homosexual can be a leader in gods CHURCH DO YOU?Just how would they explain to the flock,that being homosexual is not wrong and not a sin,when it plainly in the bible tells us that it is?Why even nature itsef tells you that.
Your ignorance is on display for all the world to see.

I'm gay and have been out for over 30 years. Since you seem so knowledgable about the subject, please tell me in detail about my "lifestyle" which you apparently believe you know so much about.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#35 Jan 9, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is on display for all the world to see.
I'm gay and have been out for over 30 years. Since you seem so knowledgable about the subject, please tell me in detail about my "lifestyle" which you apparently believe you know so much about.
Frank,i am sixty years old,why would i not believe what you?You put yourselves on display.Is that not enough?No my friend it is not my ignorance on disply.ITS YOURS?
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#36 Jan 9, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>Frank,i am sixty years old,why would i not believe what you?You put yourselves on display.Is that not enough?No my friend it is not my ignorance on disply.ITS YOURS?
So you admit youn know NOTHING about my "lifestyle".

THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#37 Jan 10, 2011
Kozzy wrote:
ITS always easy to play the bigot card,isnt it?
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#38 Jan 10, 2011
As for heaven,if you do not believe there is a heaven.then so be it.But i have never said that homosexuals cannot enter into heaven.There will be homosexuals in heaven too,also murderers and thieves.adulterers,Salvation is for all sins,not just one.note;they will no longer have the desires that they had while on earth.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#39 Jan 10, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
As for heaven,if you do not believe there is a heaven.then so be it.But i have never said that homosexuals cannot enter into heaven.There will be homosexuals in heaven too,also murderers and thieves.adulterers,Salvation is for all sins,not just one.note;they will no longer have the desires that they had while on earth.
Except obviously the desire for beer. If there was no beer in heaven they wouldn't be ALLOWED to call it heaven. Don't you know anything ?!
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

#40 Jan 10, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit youn know NOTHING about my "lifestyle".
I have heard and read what homosexuals practice.You have already admitted to being a homosexual,so i can surmise somewhat what your lifestyle may be.But personally,i do not know you.You do not have to worry about me judgeing you.I judge not!I only point out that it is a sin worthy of hell,if you do not become born again and repent,then you will have your place in the lake of fire.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#41 Jan 10, 2011
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard and read what homosexuals practice.You have already admitted to being a homosexual,so i can surmise somewhat what your lifestyle may be.But personally,i do not know you.You do not have to worry about me judgeing you.I judge not!I only point out that it is a sin worthy of hell,if you do not become born again and repent,then you will have your place in the lake of fire.
I'm a Lutheran and attend church each week. We don't believe in your silliness. I have known many fine pastors who happen to be gay or lesbian.

We proudly fly a Gay Pride flag on our church steeple to let people know that we welcome gay and lesbian people.

So I say to you: "Be gone ! Before somebody drops a house on you !"
w

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brent Heavner- where is he? 17 hr Anotherconcernedc... 28
News Sex offender charged with threatening Lincolnto... (May '16) Fri Anotherconcernedc... 10
News Investigation of former detective could jeopard... Fri YeahYeah 5
News Silver Alert: Missing Lincolnton woman believed... Nov 14 robin 1
News Lincolnton Chick-Fil-A hearing on city agenda Nov 14 lominnc 5
News Lincoln man wins big with scratch-off ticket Nov 9 UsoLucky 1
News Man felt lucky winning $60 on a lottery ticket.... Nov 9 UsoLucky 1

Lincolnton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincolnton Mortgages