Dividing the flock: Issue of whether to allow gay pastors proves divisive at many Lutheran churches

Jan 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Gaston Gazette

Whether to stay with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has been a heart-wrenching decision for many local Lutheran churches, driven by a variety issues including its stance on allowing homosexuals to be church leaders.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of784
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

First thing,is i am not a baptist,lutheran,methodist,chu rch of god or any other way that christians define themeselves.I am just a free thinking christian.First question to the lutherans is NUMBER ONE.,WOULD YOU LET AN ADULTERER OR ADULTRESS be a pastor or teacher in your church?Are you just going along with the crowed?Let others decide for you that question?Separate yourselves from the ones that would allow a homosexual man or woman,be in that position.You are in effect allowing satan ,to decieve you.If you allow that kind of abomination to happen to your church.Of course being homosexual is a sin as well.But when you come to CHRIST,AND ARE BORN AGAIN YOU WILL NOT HAVE A DESIRE TO BE HOMOSEXUAL ANYMORE.Separate yourselves from thEse people who would allow these things,that are an abomination unto the LORD.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Ahhh...I know I could come here and find stupid bigots posting their closed minded BS. Thanks for the laugh...."Christian" .
Frank Stanton

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

I'm an ELCA Lutheran and have been a Lutheran for more than 50 years. ALL of the Lutheran pastors I have met over the past 20 years have been welcoming and supportive of openly gay and lesbian people. Very few churches have left ELCA over gay issues in the church. If some churches wish to leave over these issues, then they should go with our blessings.

I'm openly gay and after relocating my place of residence last year, I joined an ELCA Lutheran church about 25 miles southeast of where I live. I attended 10 Lutheran churches in the area and spoke to each of the pastors of the churches, before choosing a church to join. ALL the pastors were very welcoming.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Kozzy wrote:
Ahhh...I know I could come here and find stupid bigots posting their closed minded BS. Thanks for the laugh...."Christian" .
You are quite welcom.
Frank Stanton

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

THE BAPTIST wrote:
First thing,is i am not a baptist,lutheran,methodist,chu rch of god or any other way that christians define themeselves.I am just a free thinking christian.First question to the lutherans is NUMBER ONE.,WOULD YOU LET AN ADULTERER OR ADULTRESS be a pastor or teacher in your church?Are you just going along with the crowed?Let others decide for you that question?Separate yourselves from the ones that would allow a homosexual man or woman,be in that position.You are in effect allowing satan ,to decieve you.If you allow that kind of abomination to happen to your church.Of course being homosexual is a sin as well.But when you come to CHRIST,AND ARE BORN AGAIN YOU WILL NOT HAVE A DESIRE TO BE HOMOSEXUAL ANYMORE.Separate yourselves from thEse people who would allow these things,that are an abomination unto the LORD.
Be gone ! Before somebody drops a house on you !
okay

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

THE BAPTIST wrote:
excelllent post! I think religion is just another means to control the world, if you want religion look to religion, if you want God and Jesus look to theM. The signs of the end of time are coming together, but God's plan isnt finished yet but it is very very close. I dont claim no religion. I just wana look to Jesus but my flesh is weak and my heart isnt ready. IT'S ALL IN HIS TIME. JUST BE READY! I'm still waiting on Christ to enter my heart so the world is defeated. God bless us all!
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Be gone ! Before somebody drops a house on you !
Are you the wicked witch?

Since: Dec 10

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

THE BAPTIST wrote:
But when you come to CHRIST,AND ARE BORN AGAIN YOU WILL NOT HAVE A DESIRE TO BE HOMOSEXUAL ANYMORE.
Obviously you have never been around a gay person. I have known MANY who were born again, and not a single one lost their attraction to the same sex--not a single one! They may have chosen to not be sexually active, but none of them lost the desire. Your facts are way off base, and I think it's wrong to give people false hope.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Frank Stanton wrote:
I'm an ELCA Lutheran and have been a Lutheran for more than 50 years. ALL of the Lutheran pastors I have met over the past 20 years have been welcoming and supportive of openly gay and lesbian people. Very few churches have left ELCA over gay issues in the church. If some churches wish to leave over these issues, then they should go with our blessings.
I'm openly gay and after relocating my place of residence last year, I joined an ELCA Lutheran church about 25 miles southeast of where I live. I attended 10 Lutheran churches in the area and spoke to each of the pastors of the churches, before choosing a church to join. ALL the pastors were very welcoming.
Do you want to stand in front of the congegation and preach a sermon,on what the bible says about homosexuallity?Answer that question.
Frank Stanton

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want to stand in front of the congegation and preach a sermon,on what the bible says about homosexuallity?Answer that question.
Yes. The bible does not speak about loving, romantic, gay relationships as we understand them today.

And I have known several nice gay and lesbian pastors. Or are you going to tell me that the bible says they're not allowed either ?
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Are you people the luteran baptist church,going to let the devil in the door.Do that and you will destroy your own church.If a homosexual becomes a christian,then he will be born again,his or her thinking will change,they will not be atracted to the same sex anymore. bless your church reject that nonsense,because thats what it is!comments welcome from those people who are in bondage to homosexuallity.
Frank Stanton

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

And at my nice German Lutheran church, each Sunday as each parishoner walks in, he or she dunks their Communion Mug in the big, cold barrel of REAL German Communion Beer, and we quitely sip is ast we listen to a rousing sermon. Then we down the whole thing at Communion.

Or are you going to tell me that is not allowed either ?

And at each Equinox, and at each Solstice, we build a large bonfire in the parking lot behind our church, and dance naked around the fire singing hymns and praises to the Lord for the glory of the great Equinoxes and Solstices He has made for us, while we drink our German Communion Beer. Now that's pretty standard fare for a German Lutheran church.

Or are you going to tell me that THAT is not allowed EITHER ???!!!

Or are you one of those weird Baptists that don't believe in singing, or dancing, or Communion Beer at all ?!
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Frank Stanton wrote:
And at my nice German Lutheran church, each Sunday as each parishoner walks in, he or she dunks their Communion Mug in the big, cold barrel of REAL German Communion Beer, and we quitely sip is ast we listen to a rousing sermon. Then we down the whole thing at Communion.
Or are you going to tell me that is not allowed either ?
And at each Equinox, and at each Solstice, we build a large bonfire in the parking lot behind our church, and dance naked around the fire singing hymns and praises to the Lord for the glory of the great Equinoxes and Solstices He has made for us, while we drink our German Communion Beer. Now that's pretty standard fare for a German Lutheran church.
Or are you going to tell me that THAT is not allowed EITHER ???!!!
Or are you one of those weird Baptists that don't believe in singing, or dancing, or Communion Beer at all ?!
Yes it is wrong.If you say that, is true.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

A church can be wrong in thier practice.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The bible does not speak about loving, romantic, gay relationships as we understand them today.
And I have known several nice gay and lesbian pastors. Or are you going to tell me that the bible says they're not allowed either ?
Well the people you mention are perverted people.perversion is a sin.And no GOD does not approve of them. bless you child
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Do you think a homosexual is going to stand in the pulpit and preach,that homosexuallity is not a sin and is normal? bless you
Frank Stanton

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>Well the people you mention are perverted people.perversion is a sin.And no GOD does not approve of them. bless you child
We disagree.

And at my church in Sayville, we fly a Gay Pride flag from the steeple !

:)
Frank Stanton

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

AND we run a non-profit gay dating service with all the proceeds going to feed the homeless, and clothe the hungry.

THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree.
And at my church in Sayville, we fly a Gay Pride flag from the steeple !
Of course you disagree.If you think that flying the flag of homosexuals,then brother,are you in for a surprise.Fly that flag all you want too.It will become a stumbling block to you. bless you frank
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Frank Stanton wrote:
AND we run a non-profit gay dating service with all the proceeds going to feed the homeless, and clothe the hungry.
Good deeds ,will not get you into heaven,my friend.Its in the bible read it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of784
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Lincolnton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lincolnton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lincolnton People Search