AP Exclusive: Union members appointed...

AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10,000 donation

There are 7573 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 3, 2008, titled AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10,000 donation. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two members of an elevator installers union were appointed to a new state elevator-safety board about the time their local gave a $10,000 campaign contribution to Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Priceless

United States

#7618 Sep 13, 2012
275,000 a year, 60% of your salary on the general officers pension, collect your regular pension, the Feds removing a sitting general president of an international union........priceless.
Frank Fan

United States

#7619 Sep 14, 2012
Priceless wrote:
275,000 a year, 60% of your salary on the general officers pension, collect your regular pension, the Feds removing a sitting general president of an international union........priceless.
A loud mouth inspector costing the local $200,000, expullsion by the local executive board, appeal upheld by the International...... Priceless
So Long

United States

#7621 Sep 14, 2012
Now we all have a very good reason to only pay our EAIR SHARE dues under the BECK DECISION. I am not going to pay one cent more than is necessary for the support of the IUEC
Smit Romney

United States

#7622 Sep 14, 2012
How much in legal fees did it cost the local in getting Frank as GP? I would like to find out how much money did it cost the members to fund Frank's power play? Oh well at least he's not our problem anymore. The rest of the country will learn what we all ready know.
Baaaaaaaad Man

Melrose Park, IL

#7623 Sep 14, 2012
he is. so long you piece of sh!!!t
One Way Frank

AOL

#7624 Sep 15, 2012
He uses his positions to personally benefit himself, always has always will. His motto has always been to be a company suck, now the rest of the international will see just how much he despises the membership of iuec. Even if you kiss the ring he will not hesitate to throw you under the bus. So get used to it. Gone are the days of Labor vs Management, they are the same entity. To say that iuec has gone corporate is an understatement.
Frank Fan

United States

#7625 Sep 15, 2012
I have to laugh Bradley, Frank is in the ultimate penthouse and you're in the outhouse. Take a bath you're not smelling very good. Even online sources are saying that the local and officers are no longer under investigation. So get that big L tatooed across your forehead you loser.
One Way Frank

AOL

#7626 Sep 15, 2012
Frank has no proof ! Frank is saying that obamas department of labor lied to a federal judge. That wouldn't surprise me at all. But Why would they lie to a federal judge like that ?

Frank is a little napoleon or aka "Lord Farquat".

Laugh all you want, YOU are under Criminal Investgation. They wouldn't tell you anyway idiot.
One Way Frank

AOL

#7627 Sep 15, 2012
To refer to yourself in the third person is pretty narcistic, just like your buddie blago. Where is he ? He is over there with his RICO buddies.
Frank Fan

United States

#7628 Sep 15, 2012
I just bought a new refridgerator, I will send you over the box with a case of sterno as a box warming present. I hope you find a nice overpass to move into. You could use to warm the food you get out of the dumpsters. Even Lynch can't find you a job, how sad. To your buddy the Red Rooster, soon you will be an expelled member, Frank will be looking forward to your appeal at the International
Sad Union

United States

#7629 Sep 15, 2012
That is so corrupt all the way to the white house .
Frank Fan

United States

#7630 Sep 16, 2012
September 11 will now be a date of celebration at Local 2. One of our own Frank J Christensen has reached the pinnacle as General President of the IUEC. We can rejoice by our actions standing by Frank in his darkest hours he reached the promised land and sent us on to victory. Congradulations to our new Business Manager Dan Baumann and hopefully Frank will appoint him IUEC Vice President to fill the vacancy. Congradulations to John Valone on becoming the new Business Rep. It is truly a happy time at Local 2. Frank will do us proud in his new job. But I want to ask a small favor, make sure the General Executive Board gets rid of the Red Rooster once and for all.
TCOB will have last laugh

Chicago, IL

#7631 Sep 17, 2012
On July 7, 2011 the Department of Labor submitted the 4100 pages of documents for an "in camera" review along with further declarations to provide the Court with sufficient information to decide whether the requested materials fall within Exemption 7(A). On July 11, 2011, Frank Christensen submitted a motion to ask the Court to release the Department of Labor's Declarations filed on July 7, 2011. On July 20, 2011 the Department of Labor submitted a motion to oppose Frank Christensen's motion to release the Department of Labor's Declaration. In that motion, the Department of Labor stated the reason why the declaration should not be released to the Plaintiffs'(Frank Christensen and Elevator Constructors Local 2) is because the declaration, "fully details the pending investigation, including the identification of the charges being investigated and the identification of informants".[18]
On August 17, 2011 in a Federal District Court ruling; Frank Christensen and Elevator Constructors Local 2; lost its FOIA lawsuit against the United States Department of Labor:
In the Memorandum and Order, United States District Court Judge Ruben Castillo ruled that he Grants the Department of Labor's motion for summary judgment and Denies Elevator Constructors Local 2 and Frank Christensen's motion for summary judgment and motion for disclosure. Judge Castillo stated, that Dept. of Labor District Director Mary Kebisek's 29-page declaration submitted in camera is specific, detailed and demonstrates that the withheld documents logically fall within Exemption 7(A). The declaration consists of:(1) an explanation of the complaints and allegations that led to the initiation of the criminal investigation; (2) a description of the pending criminal investigation; (3) a description of the closed civil investigations and how they relate to the pending criminal investigation; (4) an identification of the documents responsive to the Union's FOIA request; and (5) an explanation of how disclosure of those documents would harm the pending criminal investigation.
Kebisek highlights in detail the risk that disclosure of these documents would prematurely reveal the Department of Labor's evidence, as well as the nature, scope, direction and focus of its investigations. This, in turn could enable the targets-here, the Union, its officers, employers and employees-to destroy or alter the evidence or construct defenses. Releasing the withheld information could enable the Union, its officers, and employees to identify the witnesses and confidential informants assisting the Department of Labor in its investigations, raising the possibility of witness intimidations and harassment. Finally, the Court denies the Union's motion for disclosure of Kebisek's in camera declaration and any documents that were wrongfully withheld from the Union. As discussed above, the Court concludes that the requested documents were properly withheld by the Department. Additionally, the Court has determined that no portion of Kebisek's in camera declaration can be disclosed without revealing the information the Department of Labor seeks to protect.[19]

Dirty laundry that's not being taken care of will follow you everywhere. Nothing out there that closes this whopper out yet.
Hypocrite

AOL

#7632 Sep 18, 2012
To anybody that recieved franks farewell letter knows factually that every word in it is the complete opposite of every single word that he wrote.We know better.

Still waiting to see Kebiseks 29 page declaration. Or has Broom Hilda banished her to a over seas consulate that is unsecured ? Does Broom Hilda have a copy of this 29 page declaration ?
Good riddance

Chicago, IL

#7634 Sep 18, 2012
Farewell frank remember you'll always be the biggest beat off local 2 produced
Frank Fan

United States

#7635 Sep 18, 2012
Good riddance wrote:
Farewell frank remember you'll always be the biggest beat off local 2 produced
Not as a big beat off as the Red Rooster
Frank Fan

United States

#7636 Sep 18, 2012
It was the besT of times for Frank and the worst of times for The Sons of liberty. For whom the bell tolls, it tolls for the membership of John Thompson. Frank has through cunning and sheer guile reached the mountain top pf the International. Where is Stewart? Expelled! Where is Lynch? Expelled! Where is Thompson? Expelled! All is right with the Universe.
but what

Bolingbrook, IL

#7637 Sep 18, 2012
about the mad gay motorcycle gang ? were is frank"s mini chopper ? what about the run on the old folks home in chicago ridge..come on who will run this mad gay cycle gang ? DAN TO TALL or is it ed da"poo the outlaws and the angel"s...are saying its looking like dirty arnold the zit pig...oh god please lock up your young ones.... the little mad local" 2 gay cycle club is on the move ...p.s. terry putting wiskey in the tank does nothing....but drinking will help you ride better drink hard my old pal....no no to frank fan who gives a flying f ck ...i take your work each day...expelled ha ha ha soooo what suck bag...eat sh:t.
Frank Fan

United States

#7638 Sep 18, 2012
Mr. Lynch,

You're red teddy was a hit when you were locked up at County. You were such a pussy even Girl Scout troop 371 was laughigh at you. Now Frank is General President and all you are is a lowly scab. You were a tough guy leaving messages on the phone but in person you're a sissy. You talk about gay motorcycle clubs but it was you who took it up the a@@ while Frank was laughing at you. Is it true when you fart it goes poof?
Frank Fan

United States

#7640 Sep 20, 2012
From the man who has led this Local with Class nad Distinctiion for 11 Years

Dear Members and your families,

I wanted to write a letter to the Local 2 Membership not to say goodbye but to say how much I have appreciated all of you. I have been blessed to have the most educated and forthcoming Membership in the country.

I have been an Officer for Local 2 for almost 20 years and I have been your elected Business Manager for 5 terms. This last term for me has been the hardest with so many Members out of work, losing their homes, not being able to feed their families and going through divorces. This has weighed heavily on my heart.

I see an upturn on the economy. At one time we had 350 Members out of work, but now we are close to 200. Unfortunately, this is still too many Members out of work.

Thank you for the opportunity to purchase our own building. We are no longer paying rent - we are receiving rent that covers the cost for the upkeep of the building. We now have QEI testing, windmill technology and we have been ok'd to have our own welding classes held in our own building.

Across the country we as a Membership are what every Local should inspire to be. We have gotten rid of the infighting and we have learned it’s better to work together to accomplish our goals. I know most of the Membership doesn’t see it like I see it, but we are talked about regarding how much we have accomplished in such a short time throughout the I.U.E.C.

I wanted to tell all of you how very proud I was to be the Business Manager of Local 2. In my over 11 years as your Business Manager I have had opportunities to work elsewhere but I simply enjoyed being your Business Manager. My only regret is I still thought there was more to accomplish.

I want to say more than just "thank you", but I can’t find the words. I wanted you to know that every one of you were on my mind when I was making my decisions and that I wasn’t thinking of just you, but your families as well.

God Bless all of you,

Frank J. Christensen

IUEC General President

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnshire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neo-Nazi Pedophile Steve Turpel in Arlington He... (Nov '10) Fri Steve 37
Emily Mirochnick is get ready moved to Californ... Jul 24 Emily 1
News Case goes to jury after accused murderer takes ... (Nov '13) Jul 21 Baby Woodley 3
Marisa Dister Jul 19 Whoever 1
Gangs in Mundelein and why the PAPERS dont talk... (Aug '09) Jul 17 Tom 127
News Chicago Had More Than 2 Murders A Day In June, ... Jul 17 bozo 3
News Nearly Half Of Chicago Residents Can't Afford T... Jul 16 Minister of Infor... 4

Lincolnshire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincolnshire Mortgages